PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Integration for 2002 Acura??

skandalouz_08
05-11-2009, 05:21 PM
I have a 2002 RSX and I've been on the DICE site and looking at ipod integration units to put into my car without having to get a deck installed.

The DICE site doesn't have my year of car as being adaptable so I'm just wondering if anyone has done this with a 2002 RSX or if I'm better off just buying a deck that has the ipod connection built into it?

TIA

mightymouseaveo
05-11-2009, 10:32 PM
i would check future shop, they sell peripheral integration units for pretty much every vehicle

bundi
05-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Best way to go is with a JL Cleansweep type unit, Rockford makes one and so does MTX which is a bit cheaper.

Basically what this does is it allows you to keep your existing factory head unit BUT gives you plenty of RCA-ins to connect stuff like an Ipod to your stereo. This will also give you the ability to connect amps for subs and speakers to the RCA outs on the unit as well.

Another bonus on top of it all is that they have Equilizers built into them... your factory stereo is tuned for your factory speakers... when you upgrade.. your deck is not set up to properly drive any speaker other than the factory ones.

They aren't super cheap (cleansweeps are around $450 or something I think) but they are just as good, if not better than any deck around the same price. The only bad thing is that you have to buy a separate amp to power your speakers if you do the upgrade as the factory stereo amp won't work anymore I think.

ruffryder
05-12-2009, 12:49 AM
^ Correct me if im wrong, but the Cleansweep only allows you to have an Auxillary input for Ipods, mp3 players and such.. i think what he's looking for is a complete Ipod integration such as the periphrial kits.. they play and charge ipods using your factory harness as well as allow your factory steering wheels controls to tie in..

we have those kits available at visions for roughly $250 + install

a JL Cleansweep is roughly $399 Plus you need a 4channel amp which adds up quickly, not to mention new speakers as well.

a RE-Q would also work, which would not require a 4 channel amp, however, again it only gives u an Auxillary input and an Aux input only lets you play your ipod: Will not charge, will not control through factory Headunit, and also will not tie in with factory steering wheel controls, another downside would be that you still have to control all your music through your ipod.. which at that point you may as well save the money and get an FM transmitter..

either way.. i sent you a PM, lemme know if i can help you out at all.

:thumbsup:

bundi
05-12-2009, 01:09 AM
Ahh RE-Q thats what the MTX one was.. forgot the name.

and.. Ohhhh.. I see.. yeah, charge and control with wheel controls and everything.. definitely a better way to go.

I though maybe your stereo didn't have an Aux in and that's all you were lookin for.

$250 to control/charge etc is pretty good especially with the steering wheel controls :)

ruffryder
05-12-2009, 11:05 AM
^ You really can't go wrong for the price, considering factory integration from the dealerships are usually upwards of $500 using similar if not the same kits.

We've done a ton of these kits here at Visions and they really do work great. However, the DICE ones the OP mentioned are sick kits as well done a few in some Audis, and Beemers.. but unfortunatly we are unable to get those ones in stock, if you are able to order one online we can definatly do the install for you tho... :thumbsup:

skandalouz_08
05-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I replied to your PM today,

I'll come in and talk to you, and see what the best options are. I'm thinking a new deck that has the ability to charge the ipod and make all music selections through the deck is the best choice as I don't have steering wheel music control options. Thanks for the input though.