PDA

View Full Version : Rogers iphone upgrade

colt22
05-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Hey, just wondering if anyone may know the answer to this

If you have upgraded your rogers phone last year, and are eligible again for another phone upgrade this year, what will it cost for an iphone from rogers? (looking to pick one up as my upgrade.. upgraded from shine this time last year)

For some reason rogers staff would not tell me what the cost would be untill may 20.

toyboy88
05-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Basically you can resign after one-year (going from non-smartphone to smartphone).

Cost would be based on what "tier" your in (based on how much money you have spent with Rogers since your last upgrade).

Highest cost would be $349 HUP + $35 upgrade fee for an 8GB.

Could go down if you spend ALOT in the past year since your upgrade.

:)

Zero102
05-12-2009, 12:24 AM
If you are tier 5 you get it for $224 with no upgrade fee, then you get a $50 mail-in bill credit, so basically $25 less than new customer price. It all depends on how much money you have given rogers since your last phone purchase / upgrade. Call them and ask, it depends on your plan.

If you went to a rogers video store then likely in Sales Central it simply showed no options available or "not eligible until May 20". When this happens there is jack shit they can do for you since Sales Central is dumber than shit. You will get further by going to a wireless store or calling customer service (which will save you the drive as well).

Likely you will see a cost of $250 - $275 depending on whether you have data and on whether you add data to your plan.

rumeo
05-12-2009, 12:57 AM
rebate is not a mail in, happens auto on your bill

bashir26
05-15-2009, 12:44 AM
as of April 1st, 2009 you are only eligable for ONE smart phone upgrade.

For example assuming you upgraded April 3rd, 2008 lets say you upgraded or signed a new contract and got any smart phone ex. Iphone, Blackberry, Nokia E71 etc you would be eligable for a *smartphone* upgrade on April 3rd, 2010.

You can upgrade your phone to a non-smartphone after a year, but cannot upgrade to a smartphone for a minimum 2 years.

Hope this helps.

HyperZell
05-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by bashir26
as of April 1st, 2009 you are only eligable for ONE smart phone upgrade.

For example assuming you upgraded April 3rd, 2008 lets say you upgraded or signed a new contract and got any smart phone ex. Iphone, Blackberry, Nokia E71 etc you would be eligable for a *smartphone* upgrade on April 3rd, 2010.

You can upgrade your phone to a non-smartphone after a year, but cannot upgrade to a smartphone for a minimum 2 years.

Hope this helps.

What's the reasoning behind this?

eblend
05-15-2009, 10:24 AM
I went throught this, got a razr last year or something for free and wanted to upgrade to an 8gb iphone, called normal rogers line and it was like some stupid expensive price for the upgrad, like 150 bucks more then a new customer who signs for 3 years. I called retention then and they got me the phone for same price as a new customer, 200 bucks.

bashir26
05-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell

What's the reasoning behind this?

same reason why they increased all their prices and are now charging for incoming texts... because they can. :thumbsdow