PDA

View Full Version : Local shop to print cheap t-shirts and buttons

iblizzard
05-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey there.

I'm just wondering if there is a local shop that will print an image to a t-shirt relatively cheaply. I'm not looking to get a lot made, maybe max of 4, and I'm not looking for very good quality, since it's going to be part of a gag gift.
Even better if I can get buttons made, but those are relatively easy to do on my own.
I'd like to avoid doing an iron on transfer (or something similar) of my own, and would rather use an online store like CafePress to have them made... But doing it online would mean they would come too late.

Any ideas?

prae
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
The Rocket in kensignton should do one-off t-shirts like you need. Can't promise it would be cheap though.

the problem is you have tooling-related expenses in setting up a t-shirt to get screenprinted so only doing 4 means the cost will be rather high. Like $20-30 per shirt.

realazy
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
There's the place in Chinook too near the Bay, I forgot what it was called.

iblizzard
05-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I thought The Rocket only did their own images. Are you able to bring in your own?

prae
05-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by iblizzard
I thought The Rocket only did their own images. Are you able to bring in your own?

I can't confirm or deny that. Why not try calling their 17th ave location: 403 244-2099

van
05-12-2009, 02:03 PM
How cheap is cheap that you're looking for? Most screenprinters have a minimum of 12. Your cheapest bet would be black print on white t-shirts. Shoot me a PM and I can get you a quote.

Grogador
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
There's this mom&pop shop in Kensington, they just moved from the west wide of 10th a little further north to the east side... damn I can't recall the name... but I had a few custom shirts made there, brought in a couple .TIFFs on a USB stick and they printed/cut the transfers and ironed them on. Really durable for iron-on, not the cheapo shit that flakes off with the first wash. It was $20.

Not easy patterns either... I felt kinda bad cuz it would have taken a while to cut them out :P

gqmw
05-12-2009, 02:37 PM
London drugs photofinishing prints photos to t-shirts, price is probably on their website.

I don`t imagine it will be very expensive.

iblizzard
05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
So I just got home and was able to actually look around a bit more.. and I think it will be easiest to use one of the photo finishing centres (Wal-Mart, London Drugs, etc.)

I completely forgot that they do gift things like that. Looks like most of them start at about $15 per shirt with an image printed on one side. Which is a pretty reasonable price.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!