PDA

View Full Version : Leah's Summer Slim/Trim Down

~Leah~
05-12-2009, 12:12 PM
So I just wanted to start a thread to keep me accountable to my goals. I'm sure most of you won't give a crap because I'm doing the opposite of what you're trying to do, and plus I'm a girl, so my routines are going to be totally different. Either way, I'm doing it for myself and if I get some replies and encouragement and suggestions, sweet!

I started a thread a couple months ago about my ECA stack and had some suggestions in there. (i.e. stop doing high reps/low weight and replace with 8-12 reps... just as I thought, I bulked up IMMEDIATELY) So, new routine, new goals, new focus, and hopefully new suggestions!

I haven't fallen off the workout train at all, I've backed off from 6-7 days/week to 5 and have seen the benefits from the extra rest. I have started sleeping more and that is helping as well. I do, however, have added stress in my life, so that's counteracting further strides which sucks. And it's not just going to go away :( Not for a little while at least.

Anyhoo, onto my goals. I have a few goals I would like to reach over summer. My first one, is I was recently invited to the Eddies this year, which falls on June 1. I was not expecting my first goal to be until June 13, so I have started 2/days 3x/week until the end of the month. Because my goal is to majorly trim and firm for this, cardio is my main focus. Keep in mind I build muscle way faster than the average person, which is why you don't see much for weight training in my routine, otherwise I get butch.

Monday
AM: run 5K, transverse abs
noon: run 6K, stretch

Tuesday
AM: run 5K, lower back and obliques, push ups, punching bag

Wednesday
AM: run 5K, lower abs and rectus, 5 mins rowing
noon: elliptical with arm motion, stretch
PM: basketball game

Thursday
AM: run 5K, transverse abs, push ups, punching bag

Friday
AM: run 5K, lower abs, obliques, rectus
noon: run 6K, stretch

Things to keep in mind on the critique: I'm a girl, I build bulky muscle fast, I'm trying to slim and still look feminine, not like a fitness competitor :)

Trust me when I say the resistance training I get from push ups, punching bag, rowing, and elliptical are all more than enough to sculpt my muscles for the time being. Anything more WILL bulk me. I'm hoping running 45K/week will help keep that bulk down.

As for a diet, this is where my problem lies. I'm the biggest carb and dairy freak and I am slowly trying to phase that out.

My breakfast consists of 1 cup of melon/honeydew/grapes with 2 tbsp of yogurt, 200g cottage cheese, 1 hardboiled egg w/o yolk, and 1 cup oatmeal with brown sugar and a bit of skim milk. I eat this breakfast over the entire course of the morning (from 9-11:30 basically)

Lunch is a small portion of rice, a serving of protein (steak, fish, salmon, chicken, etc), and 1 cup veggies.

Snack is some light fruits and veggies (steering clear of yellows for the most part)

For dinner, the only carbs I'm [trying] to allow myself to consume are vegetables, then a chicken breast and a lot of water.

I know there are flaws all around the board with this, but this routine is only going to be until the end of May -- so basically 2.5-3 weeks. Will update with a new routine/diet on June 1ish.

Supplementation wise -- I will be doing a week on, week off, week on cycle of the ECA stack, as well as incorporating CLA before each main meal. Then the obvious daily women's multi, as well as some vitamin B, and St. John's wort.

Any suggestions/comments?? Thanks guys (and hopefully gals)!

bigbadboss101
05-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Do well gurl! My gf and I go to Gold's (you were selling your membership I believe?) and she loves sugar. I know one can exercise all they want but if diet is off it's not gonna fly.

Keep us informed of your progress. BTW, I have 3 unopened containers of Optimum Nutrition's CLA Pure. Are you interested in those?

dandia89
05-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
My breakfast consists of 1 cup of melon/honeydew/grapes with 2 tbsp of yogurt, 200g cottage cheese, 1 hardboiled egg w/o yolk, and 1 cup oatmeal with brown sugar and a bit of skim milk. I eat this breakfast over the entire course of the morning (from 9-11:30 basically)

just curious, what do you eat before you run?

~Leah~
05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Do well gurl! My gf and I go to Gold's (you were selling your membership I believe?) and she loves sugar. I know one can exercise all they want but if diet is off it's not gonna fly.

Keep us informed of your progress. BTW, I have 3 unopened containers of Optimum Nutrition's CLA Pure. Are you interested in those?

CLA hates me -- I gain weight on it cuz I take the feeling it gives me in my stomach as hunger LOL... so probably not, but thanks! I'm still going to Gold's on weekends if I miss a workout so maybe see ya there?

Originally posted by dandia89

just curious, what do you eat before you run?

MWF my morning runs are HIIT so I typically have the hardboiled egg and 1/2 banana before that, otherwise I do the AM runs on an empty stomach.

beyondpinoy
05-13-2009, 09:31 AM
wow you have one crrrraaazzzyy workout routine... that routine makes my routine look lazy...

when i start to get super tired at tonights game, and your running circles around me.. i won't feel soo bad, cuz thats one heck of a work out routine!!!

rx7boi
05-15-2009, 12:03 AM
45k/week. Oh Em Gee.

*shamed*

~Leah~
05-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Well it's the end of the week. And I'm exhausted. I blame the poor recovery meals, and the fact that every single person I know seems to be exhausted this week. Either way I've still managed to get all the cardio in (cut it short this morning but will be going after work). The diet, I ended up eating more carbs than I had planned to but I kind of foresaw that... I can't run 45k/week with barely any carbs in my body.

All in all I'd rate me a 6/10 for compliance this week. Got all my workouts done and played basketball and such, and stuck to my eating plan for the first half of the day anyway. Just the after work eating that has killed me! Time to change up the diet for next. Suggestions to help keep my energy up?