PDA

View Full Version : Evo Question

-APEX-
10-24-2003, 08:23 PM
when is the lancer evo coming to canada cause the only way right now i know how to get something like this is to drive to the states and buy one but then agian the lancer oz baseline model will do me if i could afford something like this 21,000 base model pretty sweet deal

Isonex
10-25-2003, 12:28 AM
dont quote me but 2005-2006

I think

Boostn
10-25-2003, 03:25 AM
Whenever the next redesign happens. Apparently the Evo8's front bumper / FMIC doesn't meet Canadian crash standards. Mitsu will not spend big money and redesign it just to meet our requirements. The next Evo will probably migrate to a more global platform. Of course this is opinion based on info I've gathered but it seems logical.

That.Guy.S30
10-25-2003, 12:28 PM
they might bring the ralliart lancer over here to canada next year or so i was told to compete with subarus rs/ts platform.

Fuji
10-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by -APEX-
when is the lancer evo coming to canada cause the only way right now i know how to get something like this is to drive to the states and buy one but then agian the lancer oz baseline model will do me if i could afford something like this 21,000 base model pretty sweet deal

You will not be abel to rive to the US , buy a EVO and then brin git back up and insure it. Many people have tried and failed, go look it up on the lancer forums etc.

88CRX
10-25-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

You will not be abel to rive to the US , buy a EVO and then brin git back up and insure it. Many people have tried and failed, go look it up on the lancer forums etc.

it can be done.... you just have to be creative :D

hjr
10-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by -APEX-
when is the lancer evo coming to canada cause the only way right now i know how to get something like this is to drive to the states and buy one but then agian the lancer oz baseline model will do me if i could afford something like this 21,000 base model pretty sweet deal the oz lacer is not even compairable to the evo. they are basically different cars. If your looking at a base lancer, look again, like at toyota or nissan or something.

iced_out_00
10-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Yea, i heard and agree with surfertech. I also read in Car and Driver that the Ralliart verison will be making it's way to Canada soem time next year.

thich
10-26-2003, 09:29 PM
it doesn't seem like anything to be tooo hyped up about tho.
still only a lancer :P
fwd and 160hp.... wooptie.
i want to see the the EVO make it onto this side of the border!
mitsu has some real stupid ppl on their marketing team.

zil80
10-27-2003, 01:21 AM
The ralliart should be in the showroom by now. or you can go to the dealership and try out the lancer Wagan. it has the same engine as the ralliart with 2hp less. 160hp

That.Guy.S30
10-27-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by thich
it doesn't seem like anything to be tooo hyped up about tho.
still only a lancer :P
fwd and 160hp.... wooptie.
i want to see the the EVO make it onto this side of the border!
mitsu has some real stupid ppl on their marketing team.

ahha have you ever test driven a lancer oz?.. haha they are so slow.. i bet lancer owners are probably glad to see a lancer that looks better and has abit more go to it.

illeagle
10-27-2003, 08:24 PM
the O.Z. lancer is SOOOO SLOW.....and underpowered