PDA

View Full Version : new delema..HELP

04blackMAX
10-24-2003, 09:34 PM
so we test droive the cts, not taht impressive, my wife loves the styling but not the over car, and for like 570 a monthn to lease i know i can find sumthing she will like more here are my ideas

volvo s60 (2.8% lease rate)
audi a4
nissan altima 3.5 (cheapest save some money)
mercedes benz c30 (higest lease rate 8.0%....kinda high)

iam not into acura at all i know alot will suggest the TL,, hate it any other ideas, iam going car shopping monday

thanks

AquamosH
10-24-2003, 10:07 PM
How about the '04 Solara?

04blackMAX
10-24-2003, 10:09 PM
LOL...nahh man ive decided i want the maxima, so she gets her car now, i looked at the solara, not that nice

AquamosH
10-24-2003, 10:11 PM
In that case, go with the altima. :thumbsup:

sxtasy
10-24-2003, 10:14 PM
how bout 04 Grand Prix GTP

04blackMAX
10-24-2003, 10:18 PM
nahhhh, no low end domestics

5.9 R/T
10-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Do you need a 4 door? You could try the Mercedes Crossfire, oops I ment Chrysler, sat in that thing today and it is the closest thing to a merc you can get without the three pointed star on the hood. BMW 3 series? Lincon LS? Lexus ES 330, IS 300? Infinity G35?

04blackMAX
10-24-2003, 11:00 PM
no g35 we chose the maxima over the g35 already and yeah we want a 4 door....yeah will look at the is300 too...not bummer, u get fuk all for 40-50k...its gotta be new

benyl
10-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
so we test droive the cts, not taht impressive, my wife loves the styling but not the over car, and for like 570 a monthn to lease i know i can find sumthing she will like more here are my ideas

audi a4

iam not into acura at all i know alot will suggest the TL,, hate it any other ideas, iam going car shopping monday

thanks

If you get an S60, get the T5 or get an S60R (8.0% lease too).

An A4 will cost you at least 630/month for a 1.8T (trust me I've look into every month)

Why not a G35?

How bout a Saab 9-3 or 9-5? The only problem with Saab is low residuals.

04blackMAX
10-24-2003, 11:08 PM
no g35, we were gonna get the g35 but got the max instead...and i was thinking the s60 awd with the sport package 2.8%

benyl
10-24-2003, 11:12 PM
and i was thinking the s60 awd with the sport package 2.8%

it is gutless cause of the weight... you will probably be disappointed.

04blackMAX
10-24-2003, 11:17 PM
hmmmm ok,,, and u say the audi is over 6 a month?
whats the lease rate?

benyl
10-24-2003, 11:22 PM
6.54% last time I checked... for the 2004s

I just heard an advert on the radio today... things may have changed this month. Give them a call.

You can build a car and check your payment at

www.audicanada.ca

T5_X
10-25-2003, 12:44 AM
Well obviously I say go with a volvo or SAAB, but also, look into a Jaguar X-type, they're decent cars.

/////AMG
10-25-2003, 11:13 AM
I agree Jag X-Type is about the same as the CTS too (price).

http://www.jaguar.ca/fgallery.html

oasis
10-25-2003, 12:01 PM
jordan, stay the hell away from volvo man i can tell you horror stories about them, my c70 was the biggest shit box money could buy. i have a coulpe of friends that work for volvo and they all say the same thing 96-97 or older is where the quality is at, i think the new shit is beeing built on a ford platform. i think the best thing to do is to go with a jap car, can't go wrong there.

mike

pinoyhero
10-25-2003, 12:17 PM

audi a4

thanks

DO you hate the new TL or the current one. I've mentioned it before my mine is for sale and will be a lot cheaper than taking the hit on a new car of equal or lesser value.

benyl
10-25-2003, 01:20 PM
I think that he is looking to lease his car, not buy. Why don't you put your TL in the autotrader? I would do it quick. With the new TL out, the resale on your TL is going to go down sharply... that is what happened with my accord.

On Topic. The X-type isn't that nice... and it is also a FORD. I think that it is built on the Mondeo platform which is the same as the Mercury Mystique and Ford contour.

pinoyhero
10-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I think that he is looking to lease his car, not buy. Why don't you put your TL in the autotrader? I would do it quick. With the new TL out, the resale on your TL is going to go down sharply... that is what happened with my accord.

On Topic. The X-type isn't that nice... and it is also a FORD. I think that it is built on the Mondeo platform which is the same as the Mercury Mystique and Ford contour.

Yeah I'll probably throw it in the trader pretty quick. I know he is looking at leasing but for the price of a lease payment he could end up buying my car, not taking the intial hit, and have sometehign to show for it in the end.

T5_X
10-25-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by oasis
jordan, stay the hell away from volvo man i can tell you horror stories about them, my c70 was the biggest shit box money could buy. i have a coulpe of friends that work for volvo and they all say the same thing 96-97 or older is where the quality is at, i think the new shit is beeing built on a ford platform. i think the best thing to do is to go with a jap car, can't go wrong there.

mike

hooray for anecdotal "data" :rolleyes:

BTW, the only "ford" platform a volvo is built on is the upcoming S40. I put ford in quotation marks because its gonna be a completely shared platform between several ford owned companies and will actually be manufactured in europe, the only thing it will share is the basic chassis, that's it. AWD will be adapted from the landrover freelander, which is a good system.

BTW, not much changed for volvo in 98, mainly CVVT and new engine management, neither of which have been problematic. What was wrong with your C70? I may get one as my next car. I am certainly not worried about the T5 engine or M56 transmission, nor am I worried about chassis or any other major thing. Front drive Volvos, like most european cars, tend to have very annoying little electrical problems, or heating/a/c problems, which can be expensive. Valentine volvo is also a shithole dealership for service.

Redlyne_mr2
10-25-2003, 02:39 PM
You want style, room and affordability...buy her an older limo and drive her ass around..she can pretend she's Ashanti

C4S
10-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Do you more concern about monthly payment ? or cash price ?
if payment, BMW 3 series is 4.9 % lease and finacing so the payment will be decent.(not coupe) handling and resale value are great too ! and DSC traction system works fantastic on deep snow !

If Cash buy .. new 2004 Acura TL .. fast and big ! you may not like the 2003 model ..... ( still, dont expect much in handling section) ^_^

missblondie
10-26-2003, 01:35 AM
why is it that when you specifically post that you don't want a TL, people still put it up as a suggestion:dunno:

if it were me, I would pick the A4... but that is just my opinion

5.9 R/T
10-26-2003, 01:39 AM
no g35 we chose the maxima over the g35 already and yeah we want a 4 door....yeah will look at the is300 too...not bummer, u get fuk all for 40-50k...its gotta be new

I dunno man, your kinda narrowing down what you have too look at. I get the feeling that you're looking for something more exciting then a Camry/Accord but for that price range there really isn't much out there unless you look at the domestics. I agree with you on the BMW part, they are overpriced compared to other cars, but it's a status sybol I guess. Personally, I think there isn't another car out there for less then 45 large and 4 doors that combines sportyness with class in as good a package as the G35 sedan. The IS 300 is too small, the BMW and Jag too pricey, Audi has reliability issues and comes fairly baren at this price, and everything else gives off the 'old mans car' vibe. The only car I can't comment on is the ES330/300, in fact I don't think I've ever seen one of the new models on the road yet.

andrewc
10-26-2003, 05:38 PM
i say the lincoln ls is worth a mention in this category. you start with 17s on almost 300hp v8. but most of all finally the styling is sweet. never even considered a lincoln until the blackwood and now the 04 redesigned ls.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/37683

that, or the g35, take it for me

ac

roopi
10-26-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by andrewc
i say the lincoln ls is worth a mention in this category. you start with 17s on almost 300hp v8. but most of all finally the styling is sweet. never even considered a lincoln until the blackwood and now the 04 redesigned ls.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/37683

that, or the g35, take it for me

ac

Lincoln LS! :thumbsup:

Lincoln LS 2004 Stock Wheels. :thumbsdow