PDA

View Full Version : What To Get?

Jouis
05-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I am going to soon be buying a car and i think i have narrowed it down to what i would like to have. The cars i am trying to pick from are: Honda Prelude (any year, probably a 2001), Acura Integra Type R (Probably a 2000-2001), Acura RSX Type S (Probably a 2002-2003), Volkswagen Gti 1.8t (probably a 2002-2004), Volkswagen Gti VR6 (Probably a 2002-2004).

What i want out of this car is something that will be fast and easy to mod/upgrade the engine. Right now im leaning towards the Gti 1.8t. The reason being it already has a turbo on it, so will it not be a lot easier to put a bigger turbo on it if i wanted to replace it. Also the fact that you can chip the Gti's which is a pretty good amount of power for the money. i dont think you can chip a honda. Anyways let me know what you guys think, thanks

4doorj
05-12-2009, 11:05 PM
I would choose either RSX type s or a integra type R. More so leaning towards the Type S only because I would be scared to leave my type R anywhere public. I would be scared of it getting stolen.

Eleanor
05-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Jouis
i dont think you can chip a honda :rofl:

Jouis
05-12-2009, 11:08 PM
thanks for listing your opinion. But if you guys dont mind, give me a reason as to why you are picking a certain car.

AE92_TreunoSC
05-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Type R's are a tad overrated in my eyes, especially after driving a few.

I'd sooner have a RSX-S in nice shape, even if it is slower, its much more refined, modern and better looking.

I'd stay away from any 1.8T VW personally, from my experiences they are very expensive to own and operate in comparison to jap coupe's.

atgilchrist
05-13-2009, 08:38 AM
The 2.0T in the newer GTI's is a much better engine, but the vr6 is pretty bulletproof, I think.

Jouis
05-13-2009, 04:20 PM
i keep hearing about hw VW's are more expensive and all this. But what is it thaat makes them so expensive? do there parts break down a lot, and always need to be repaired? because i alwasy thought it was the opposite and they have good long lating engines/parts.
and i know they the parts for vw's are more expensive to buy... but how much more expensive? are we talking a few bucks, or hundreds/thousands?

ryanazarko
05-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
I would choose either RSX type s or a integra type R. More so leaning towards the Type S only because I would be scared to leave my type R anywhere public. I would be scared of it getting stolen.

careful .. speaking like this is blasphemy. you're going to upset all the honda/ITR fanboys that haven't realized that mom driving the camry v6 has a much faster vehicle.

sputnik
05-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
Type R's are a tad overrated in my eyes, especially after driving a few.

Depends on your expectations.

In their class the Type R is a pretty awesome AutoX car.

sputnik
05-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by ryanazarko

careful .. speaking like this is blasphemy. you're going to upset all the honda/ITR fanboys that haven't realized that mom driving the camry v6 has a much faster vehicle.

Until mom in the Camry needs to turn a corner.

bituerbo
05-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Chipping A honda doesn't get you 60hp and 80ft lbs of torque.
http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_golf18t.html

Go with the GTI, they are a bargain for all that you get, and a turbo-swap can be done in an afternoon for 400hp when you get bored with 250. http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-VVW-203&Category_Code=VVWTK

harv91
05-14-2009, 06:02 PM
for that price range im sure you could even manage a subaru wrx
awesome car, not the best on gas, but if u don't go petal to the metal its decent.
AWD, 4 Door, Sporty
I'd vote for wrx

adidas
05-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Vw but im kinda biased!

If you got any questions about VWs pm me!

psycoticclown
05-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by harv91
for that price range im sure you could even manage a subaru wrx
awesome car, not the best on gas, but if u don't go petal to the metal its decent.
AWD, 4 Door, Sporty
I'd vote for wrx

:werd:

It's faster than all those cars, AWD for crappy weather, 4 door for practicality and easy to get more power also. Pretty reliable too. Might not be as luxurious inside as the RSX with the premium package.

bashir26
05-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Go big or go home.... order a Bugatti

HiSpec
05-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj

I didn't know Type-R are known for easy to steal?

slinkie
05-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec

I didn't know Type-R are known for easy to steal?

are tegs not notorious for being the most stolen car in north america?

Ukyo8
05-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by slinkie

are tegs not notorious for being the most stolen car in north america?

They are pretty easy to start with a key from another honda of similar year.

Jouis
05-17-2009, 06:07 PM
another car that just came into my list is the mitsubishi eclipse GT or GTS. Probably between the years of 2000 and 2004. What do you guys think? how easy is it to mod after to get more hp/tq?