PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Club Autocross Spots Available

soloracer
05-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Hello! The Porsche Club host autocross/lapping days at
Race City speedway and has 6 events booked for this year. We limit the number of cars to 30 and so far we have sold 25 which means I have 5 spots remaining to offer to people outside of the club. The cost is $600 for all 6 events. Here is the e-mail that went out to club members last month:

Now onwards to the schedule for the current autocross season. I have managed to book six autocross events this year. Because the cost was the same for day or evening events we tried to get a couple of day events as you get 8 hours of track time during the day compared to 5 hours in the evening. I focused on getting day events on holidays or weekends so that members would not have to take time off work to attend. After talking with Race City the only holiday available was Heritage Day in August so I took it. The other 5 events are all in the evening as usual. Without further ado here are the dates:

May 18th Victoria Day Evening from 5:00 to Dark
June 9th Evening from 5:00 to Dark
July 1st Canada Day Evening from 5:00 to Dark
August 3rd Heritage Day Day from 8:00 to 4:00
August 18th Evening from 5:00 to Dark
September 1st Evening from 5:00 to Dark

We intend to run on the south end with timing gear as normal and will consider full track lapping for some dates. If we are to host any full track events much more preparation and volunteers will be needed. You can contact me if you are interested in helping with these events.

One important thing to note is that our events are never rained out. The people I have spoken with say driving in the rain is a great way to learn the limits of your car. But the real reason we don't have rainouts is the track is so fully booked there is no way we could replace a date if we were to cancel due to rain. So plan to come out rain or shine.

Last year we sold the autocross packages as a bundle and due to the success of that program we are going to do so again. The cost this year is $600 for the six event bundle. We are limiting the number of entrants to 30 this year and the spots are reserved on first paid basis. See payment details at the bottom of this message. In your bundle you will get a ticket for each event and a competitor number for your car. Once purchased you own that spot in the autocross program. You may purchase multiple bundles if desired. No refunds will be given for any reason. However, your event tickets are transferable. You are free to sell or give them away if you can't make an event date.

It's a first paid, first in scenario. Let me know if you are interested and we can make arrangements for payment.

Erik

CSMRX7
05-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey Erik,

Let me know what days you decide to do full track and I will be in as long as schdule permits.

Jason

soloracer
05-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi Jason! Sorry but it's an all or nothing sort of thing. The only way you could get into the days we use the full track would be to buy a spot from a member who has purchased a full package or buy a full package yourself. We do it this way because if we just said "don't commit until you get to the track" what always happens is nobody shows up and the club still has to pay. Since the track costs $2500 a night to book that is too much risk for the club to take.

If you know of anyone else who is interested we have no issue with you guys sharing your spot. (ie: you take 3 spots and your friend takes 3 spots).

Sugarphreak
05-14-2009, 08:38 AM

soloracer
05-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Only 2 spots left!