PDA

View Full Version : FS: HP Desktop Setup

ubernewb
05-12-2009, 11:48 PM
SOLD

ubernewb
05-15-2009, 05:08 PM
The computer has been sold...I have the keyboard mouse cd drive and lynksis wireless n adapter

ubernewb
05-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Scratch that still up for sale
Price drop $400 obo

helrazr
05-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Interesting. Last edited by ubernewb on 05-16-2009 at 08:17 AM 05-16-2009 08:18 AM

ubernewb
05-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah so the same mistake doesn't happen again...

helrazr
05-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ubernewb
Yeah so the same mistake doesn't happen again...

No I just find it interesting that you were rude to me when you finally came back even considering I called before you were out of the parking lot, then you made me wait for 50 minutes while it is obvious that you were at home editing the post and posting that it was still for sale while I was sitting patiently in a Canadian Tire parking lot waiting for your return. I could even live with that and keep my yap shut but you asked me what was wrong with it when you came up to my car, but you already knew that, because you had already talked to your son and fixed your for sale post, while you left me to sit waiting:

-There was no remote control like you advertised.
-Your son and I agreed on a stripped down configuration that did not include removing the wireless adapter, yet you did remove it.
-I needed a pocket reader not a personal reader as the pocket drives dont fit correctly in the personal reader slot.

Now as much as I appreciate the fact that you were willing to lend me the hard disk for a day so I could grab the Restore Partition off of the unit, I called your son before I even left the parking lot so obviously you were only moments away as well, My bad for not checking the unit out all that closely, I assumed a Beyond member would deliver the goods in an agreed upon condition, which this PC was not. Not even close. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he said he didn't have the Remote control, but while I was creeping away and realized that the wifi adapter was missing and it didn't even have the correct drive slot I was after it completely lost any value to me at all. Frankly, I thought I was overpaying anyway but needed a pc with a pocket media slot (and obiously you do to if you are willing to let all that gear go for $100 bucks more than I was willing to pay bare-boneish).

I drove 45 minutes to meet up in good faith, hell you were posting in this forum 15 minutes after I called you, knew exactly what was wrong with the unit were obviously only a couple minutes away and yet still had the audacious douchebaggery to leave me waiting for you then you were rude to boot.

Yeah thats what I found interesting about your post.

ubernewb
05-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by helrazr

No I just find it interesting that you were rude to me when you finally came back even considering I called before you were out of the parking lot, then you made me wait for 50 minutes while it is obvious that you were at home editing the post and posting that it was still for sale while I was sitting patiently in a Canadian Tire parking lot waiting for your return. I could even live with that and keep my yap shut but you asked me what was wrong with it when you came up to my car, but you already knew that, because you had already talked to your son and fixed your for sale post, while you left me to sit waiting:

-There was no remote control like you advertised.
-Your son and I agreed on a stripped down configuration that did not include removing the wireless adapter, yet you did remove it.
-I needed a pocket reader not a personal reader as the pocket drives dont fit correctly in the personal reader slot.

Now as much as I appreciate the fact that you were willing to lend me the hard disk for a day so I could grab the Restore Partition off of the unit, I called your son before I even left the parking lot so obviously you were only moments away as well, My bad for not checking the unit out all that closely, I assumed a Beyond member would deliver the goods in an agreed upon condition, which this PC was not. Not even close. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he said he didn't have the Remote control, but while I was creeping away and realized that the wifi adapter was missing and it didn't even have the correct drive slot I was after it completely lost any value to me at all. Frankly, I thought I was overpaying anyway but needed a pc with a pocket media slot (and obiously you do to if you are willing to let all that gear go for $100 bucks more than I was willing to pay bare-boneish).

I drove 45 minutes to meet up in good faith, hell you were posting in this forum 15 minutes after I called you, knew exactly what was wrong with the unit were obviously only a couple minutes away and yet still had the audacious douchebaggery to leave me waiting for you then you were rude to boot.

Yeah thats what I found interesting about your post.

1.That was my father and he never heard of beyond...
2. I knew eveything that was worng so i changed the post know that you obviously did want it and i had no intention to make you look bad...
3. I told you on the phone that it had no remote you hezitated and said oh thats okay...as well you wanted just the bones so i assumed you wouldnt need the adapter...

Seriosuly guy it was a big misunderstanding and the fact you think i would go out the way to make you look bad is low...its not like i would go to work with $300 dollars in my pocket... And this was between me and you and not my father who had no idea of anything that was going on and was upset why you didnt even look at it when i handed it too you and took off cause he had work...so he came all the way back and gave you the money so done case close sir and please move on with your life.

And why bother replying back....to start a flame war with a 17-year old who in time we both know will forget about this...im sorry we had misunderstandings about the unit and next time we both should go about things in diffrent ways

Maybe next time you could act your age and know the whole situation before you start playing the blame game.

I edited the post from work on my blackberry cause i want to get rid of it quick...:facepalm:

helrazr
05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
It's not a flame. Perception is everything. I already stated it was my bad for assuming it would be delivered in the condition I expected. I then mistakenly assumed the likelihood of an internet connected PC at a Canadian Tire that you would be posting from rather than your father, thus it appeared to me he was at home having coffee and toast, posting on beyond.ca while I cooled my heels in a Canadian Tire parking lot. I hesitated when you said you had no remote control as I explicitly stated in the PM that I was offering $300 for a configuration that included:

-All of the Media Center components
-No hard disk
-No DVD-ROM
-No Monitor
-No RCA theatre stuff

There was no mention at all of removing the Wireless N adapter or that even though you knew I wanted the Media Center components that you had no remote and reciever as expected from your original unedited post, even though we spoke on the phone twice about the configuration and arrangements to meet not to mention the 2 private messages discussing the configuration I was offering on.

Regardless of how you want to spin it, I did act my age. I was very respectful of your father when he came back, even though I waited nearly an hour for his return when he could have been no further than a couple blocks away when you called him, he was rude to me, not the other way around ubernewb. Perhaps you understand then that my perception being how you were at work was that he was posting on beyond while I was waiting.

ubernewb
05-16-2009, 03:40 PM
alright glad its over...

jazzyb
05-17-2009, 04:15 PM
so are harddrives cdroms and everything in the PC description included?

or is it a rubbed down version?

ubernewb
05-18-2009, 08:59 PM
SOLD