PDA

View Full Version : Insurance increases

2EFNFAST
05-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Did anybody elses insurance jump up this year for no reason? I just got my renewal notice and it's 12% higher than last year (still 0 accidents/tickets).

Grrrrr :thumbsdow

adam c
05-13-2009, 12:20 AM
mine went up 10 per month but thats it
2 tickets
20 over and 40 over

94boosted
05-13-2009, 01:12 AM
That's weird that yours went up if you didn't have any Claims/Tickets :dunno: mine went down about 15%

2EFNFAST
05-13-2009, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by 94boosted
That's weird that yours went up if you didn't have any Claims/Tickets :dunno: mine went down about 15%

That's why I'm pissed; stupid Aviva :whipped: :whipped:

Probably should call my broker tomorrow and listen to how the actuaries have determined my magic risk category went up :whipped:

ShermanEF9
05-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Did anybody elses insurance jump up this year for no reason? I just got my renewal notice and it's 12% higher than last year (still 0 accidents/tickets).

Grrrrr :thumbsdow

Change vehicles?

lamp_shade_2000
05-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Mine went down by 15% when I renewed this month and I had a new ticket. :dunno:

Masked Bandit
05-13-2009, 07:18 AM
Kiddies, there's all kinds of weird shit coming down the line in the world of insurance.

The latest & greatest? Now your CREDIT SCORE may start coming into play. Some compaines (ING, Aviva & Economical to name a few) already use it to some degree. Sometimes it affects the prices, sometimes it doesn't. We keep hearing more and more support from the companies (not brokers) for this activity.

tom_9109
05-13-2009, 08:21 AM
I know a lot of the big companies have lost a lot of money on their investments with the downturn of the economy. They have to operate in the black so that means higher rates for everyone.

Masked Bandit
05-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by tom_9109
I know a lot of the big companies have lost a lot of money on their investments with the downturn of the economy. They have to operate in the black so that means higher rates for everyone.

Yep. Try explaining that to clients though!

Mar
05-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Mine went up about $10-$20 a month, can't remember exactly. But I called to ask why and first there was a mistake that I wasn't getting a discount I should be getting but it was still too high and he told me it's because the government has increased the payout on soft tissue damage which has resulted in higher costs for the companies which is then passed on to the consumer. Then he tried to convince me that stuff, "...just costs more now." WTF? Here it was:
me - blah blah
him - Ya well it's just more expensive because the cost of things increase over time.
me - huh?
him - Well things you bought last year don't cost the same this year.
me - What? Why?
him - Well prices just go up, that's how it works.
me - No it doesn't. Prices don't go up without reason, what's the reason?
him - It just works that way.

What a moron. But ya, I'm paying more for insurance now too.

TorqueDog
05-13-2009, 09:31 AM
My policy went down $30/month from the previous year.

Another year older, wiser, and cheaper... the insurance I mean, not me. :nut:

2EFNFAST
05-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Such BS - apparently the comp rate classes for my vehicles have changed (more of them are being stolen; collissons are remaining the same roughly) so they're passing that on.

Grrrrr. :thumbsdow