PDA

View Full Version : Bent Rim

AzNxHyDrA
05-13-2009, 09:31 PM
A month or two ago I curbed my car pretty hard and had to fix everything but I decided to save some money and get a new rim later. So back then the mechanics said it would be fine if I just throw it on one of the sides in the back.
Yestoday I got my summers on and during the swap they put the bent rim on the front so and it shakes really badly when I go over 80km/h.
So my question is, whats the best way to go at fixing or replacing it?
Should I try to fix it? Does anyone have any experience with wheel repair?
Or should I just buy a new rim. Whats the best place to get just 1 factory OEM rim.
Oh and last question, has anyone heard of the site www.finishlinewheels.com?
I saw the wheels I need to get to replace and if anyone has some feedback it would be nice.

http://www.finishlinewheels.com/ACURA/RSX/2005/A-71752U20/

adidas
05-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Just get it fixed! It will be cheaper and will be done within a week tops!

There is a guy called Andrej that does good work. I think the company he works for is Alloy Wheel Repair or Alberta Wheel Repair but dont quote me on that.

As for the site u posted, those are all replicas. Not something u would want imo!

thinmyster
05-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Just get it fixed! It will be cheaper and will be done within a week tops!

There is a guy called Andrej that does good work. I think the company he works for is Alloy Wheel Repair or Alberta Wheel Repair but dont quote me on that.

As for the site u posted, those are all replicas. Not something u would want imo!

Ive heard good things about andrej too. Im going to be bringing my wheels to him for the first time this month.

AzNxHyDrA
05-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh thanks, my friend just refered me to the site and I didn't really read much about it.
How much would it cost to get my wheel repaired?
The mechanics at the body shop told me it would cost around $400.

stevieo
05-14-2009, 01:01 PM
403-861-3582
im sure thats Andrej's number i've had it in my phone for a while, just lucky enough not to bend a rim yet
*knock on wood*

AzNxHyDrA
05-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks guys for your help. I'll try to get it repaired ASAP

*edit* Anyways apparantly he's busy until next week and he won't know if I can fix my wheel until I bring it to him.
Is there anyone else you would suggest I can go to in order to get a few estimates and compare?

VeilOctane
05-14-2009, 01:24 PM
check this out mabe you can attempt to do it your self!!!
cheeper than paying $150 to repair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk-PKNTLL9M&NR=1

AzNxHyDrA
05-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by VeilOctane
check this out mabe you can attempt to do it your self!!!
cheeper than paying $150 to repair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk-PKNTLL9M&NR=1

LOL... I don't really trust my self doing that.
There was a lot of talk about Alberta Wheel Repairs on this forum giving them both good and bad reviews.
That was in 2006, has anyone let them do any work recently?

LUDELVR
05-14-2009, 10:47 PM
How badly bent is your rim? I blew out on the Deerfoot and there is a slight bend in the lip on my front wheel. I have staggered wheels and need to replace all of them because the rest are worn out. I'm just wondering how much damage will cause the wheel to start vibrating that badly.:dunno:

Transp0rt3r
05-15-2009, 01:09 AM
I just got one of my rims done by Alberta Wheel Repair. It had bad curb rush and slightly dipped at one spot on the lip. Here is what they did:

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/ka3ak_2008/DSC00358.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/ka3ak_2008/DSC00357.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/ka3ak_2008/DSC00356.jpg

Job very well done! :thumbsup: So now they are ready to be painted:clap:

Sasuke_Kensai
05-15-2009, 09:47 AM
How much did it cost? I have two rims that I think are bent, but they're not high-end: I want the cheapest option to get my summer tires rolling on the road.

Transp0rt3r
05-15-2009, 11:07 AM
It cost me about $80. Was done it 2 days.

AzNxHyDrA
05-18-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
How badly bent is your rim? I blew out on the Deerfoot and there is a slight bend in the lip on my front wheel. I have staggered wheels and need to replace all of them because the rest are worn out. I'm just wondering how much damage will cause the wheel to start vibrating that badly.:dunno:

I really don't know how badly bent they are. I don't see any physical signs of it being bent but apparrantly when they were balancing it, they said it was wobbling a lot. My friend was following me to Chinook and said my tire was wobbling a lot too. I hope its fixable.

BTW to the other guy, it only took 2 days at Alberta Wheel Repair? I guess I'll call them up soon. What's the best way to go at this. I don't have any other set of rims as my mom found it unnessary to buy another set for winter tires. Is it safe to throw on a spare for a few days?

Transp0rt3r
05-18-2009, 07:06 PM
^^ Yeah, I dropped rim on Friday @ 4:45 pm, just before they closed. Got call back from them on Tuesday afternoon. They don't work on the weekend.

You can throw spare tire , why not? :dunno: Provided you are not pushing it over 90km/h (most of them have max of 90km/h speed limit) Otherwise it will just burst and you end up in the ditch . :eek:

Just bring your rim there they will tell you on the spot how much and when to pick up.

AzNxHyDrA
05-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Transp0rt3r thanks for all the help :thumbsup:
I'll give them a call tomorrow and give the other guy a call too and see how it goes.

*edit*
:( apparently Alberta Wheel Repair is booked until Mid June and the guy at Alloy Wheel Repair broke his leg.
I guess I'll have to deal with this for a little longer.
Is driving on a bent rim really bad for my tire?

InLoveWitRSX
05-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Driving on a bent rim can affect your suspension as well as the tires in the long run... prolly best to just drive with a spare and not go over 80.