PDA

View Full Version : creatine loading phase

dandia89
05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
hey guys,

i apologize because threads like these have been made tons of times, but i can't seem to find any info on my question.

i went to GNC today and bought some creatine phosphagen, and i was speaking to the person working there and she said that i shouldn't bother with a loading phase, and i should just do the 2 times day intake.

i'm just curious to see if i should bother with a loading phase or should i listen to her and take it 2 times a day.

she also said to take it with juice and not with water, because you need glucose with it. So does it matter if i'm taking it with water or juice?

And any recommendations on how long i should do it on/off for? (i.e 8 weeks on 4 weeks off)

Redlined_8000
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
You dont have to cycle creatine, you dont need to load it either.

Taking it with carbs is a good idea, with sodium also.

How much did did the girl say to dose it 2x a day?

dandia89
05-14-2009, 05:09 PM
5g each dosage

Redlined_8000
05-14-2009, 05:14 PM
^^ sounds about right, and on WO days you should take one 10g dose post WO with your shake.

anschutz_92
05-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Once you start, never look back. There really isn't a reason to cycle. The bad thing about creatine, is once you are off it, you will loose 90% (not a statistical amount... just saying most) of the "gains"

I stopped using Creatine for ~2.5 months. Obviously I lost the 10lbs of water weight after the first month, but I was still feeling strong... until I quit going to the gym for a month. Now just due to a growth spurt (I'm 18) and weight gain relating to it I weigh the same as I did on creatine, but I'm not as strong. I've started taking it again, maybe it's just a placebo effect but I "feel" stronger on creatine.

I'm on it again and will not cycle.

liquidboi69
05-14-2009, 11:36 PM
You take 5g/dose, four times/day spread out.

Preferably with grape juice/gatorade, or anything to spike insulin, and preferably nothing acidic (debatable). Drink asap after it is mixed. Make sure one dose PWO.

I found creatine does little for me. Losses in gains depend from person to person, and depend how receptive/how you react to it.

colinxx235
05-14-2009, 11:49 PM
hmmm weird me/friends were always big fans of double dosing the first week, found it got it circulating through the system fast... to each their own

A790
05-15-2009, 12:41 AM
I never loaded creatine. I take it in the morning with my juice and again in my PWO shake on workout days. I have noticed a difference in my lifting ability.

JAYMEZ
05-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Its not steroids guys. Its creatine. Just ride the side , and follow directions.

dandia89
05-15-2009, 09:46 PM
so do you think i should be taking it on rest days?

A790
05-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by dandia89
so do you think i should be taking it on rest days?
Yes.

TurboD
06-01-2009, 05:17 PM
i used to take creatine but i didn't notice a single change at all.

the guy at popeyes said that it was this type of creatine that didn't add water weight to give you a bloated look and didn't fill your muscles with water.

so i didn't even get the cool marshmallow look.

A790
06-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by TurboD
i used to take creatine but i didn't notice a single change at all.

the guy at popeyes said that it was this type of creatine that didn't add water weight to give you a bloated look and didn't fill your muscles with water.

so i didn't even get the cool marshmallow look.
Creatine doesn't make you look fat lol. If it does, you aren't working out hard enough.

kutt3r
06-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Creatine is the one supplement that has years of research behind it and is actually proven in independent studies.

Some people like CEE, I don't.
I like mono hydrate 10gr a day with glutimine (no carb diet) 5gr before, 5gr after workout or spread through the day.

Get the pure powder and down it with grape juice if you can have carbs.

Loading is a good way to get the shits.. simple as that.

Do you cycle red meat? No... then you don't need to cycle creatine.

You will not get big, bloated or huge.

You will recover better, get that last rep out.

It allows your muscle to take in more water, which allows the flushing of damaged tissue faster than without.

Its cheap and proven.

Cooked Rice
06-13-2009, 09:03 PM
I take creatine, as well as whey protein. Is it fine to take creatine with juice at the same time i have my whey protein with milk?

I've been taking creatine in the morning, and whey protein shake after WO. And creatine again in the evening.

liquidboi69
06-14-2009, 02:34 PM
It's fine. Preferably not with orange juice or anything citrus (can be debated that stomach acid is much worse) but it's better to be safe and not waste it I guess.

max_boost
06-15-2009, 01:32 AM
I think I'm going to give this stuff a try. It can't really hurt, 5grams is a teaspoon hehe

I'm feeling sluggish in my workouts, I need something to push me over. I'm just worried about the weight gains. I've already gained 15lbs in the 2 months I've been lifting. Had to get all new jeans because my thighs went from big to just monster now. :nut: :dunno:

Darkane
06-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I think I'm going to give this stuff a try. It can't really hurt, 5grams is a teaspoon hehe

I'm feeling sluggish in my workouts, I need something to push me over. I'm just worried about the weight gains. I've already gained 15lbs in the 2 months I've been lifting. Had to get all new jeans because my thighs went from big to just monster now. :nut: :dunno:

Yeah don't worry about weight gains. You won't see another 15 pounds in two months again. As long as it's not fat why be worried?

Build muscle while you can early in life, it'll only benefit you later.