PDA

View Full Version : Hannis on 37th

gatorade
05-14-2009, 07:36 PM
I ate at this place last week and it was so terrible that I had to warn people not to ever eat here.

The pasta tasted like it was either canned or frozen, it was so watery that it was obvious that it wasn't made in house. I ordered a "new york AAA steak" which was obviously not AAA and was well done instead of medium rare that I ordered. Anyone who regularly eats steak knows that overcooking a steak will make it dry and flavorless. We were in a party of about 20 and I think only one person enjoyed the food.

This is honestly some of the worst food I have ever eaten and I wonder how they are still in business, has anyone else eaten here?

nonlinear
05-14-2009, 08:01 PM
LOL, i don't think I would ever eat at a place called hannis. Not only does it rhyme with "anus," but its homophone is "heinous," which means "hateful; odious; abominable; totally reprehensible." http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/heinous

:nut:

EDIT: that name is just about as bad as "saint germain." :barf:

dino_martini
05-14-2009, 10:14 PM
It used to be a place called Yianni's abount 5 years ago. Really good pizza + pizza, nice guy running the place. Then all of a sudden the name changed and everything started sucking. I havent been back in a long ass time.

Before Yianni's it used to be Uncle George's Pizza. But then they left and it became Yianni's. Luckily we found out George opened another pizza place in Inglewood, and then it turns out some of his family are my across the alley neighbors.

As a word of warning, dont eat at the Golden Leaf next door either. Terrible Chinese food.