PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Triumph Daytona 1050 Rendering

acura_el
05-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Jesus Christ!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

I was considering getting an 09 but I might just wait if this is what the 2010 could possibly look like.

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200902/2010-triumph-daytona-1_800x0w.jpg

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200902/2010-triumph-daytona_800x0w.jpg

The English site Performance Bikes has created the latest hypothesis – a very accurate one, if you allow – regarding the 2010 Triumph Daytona 1050. Basing on the fact that Triumph will use the three-cylinder engine currently powering the Speed Triple and Tiger models, they designed basically a sharper Daytona 650 on steroids. Indeed, the 2010 Triumph Daytona 1050 is expected to look much like his middleweight brother and the rendering, although very realistic, is a little exaggerated. For instance, those Audi-like headlights do look good, but would never light the bike’s way into the night while the passenger seat is rather narrow, but apart from that it shouts out loud the Triumph name. With a single-sided swingarm –and the implicit Speed Triple wheel –, narrow body and two beautiful colors, this is one very good overall image of what Triumph will be adding to their lineup in 2010.

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/2010-triumph-daytona-rendering-ar70463.html

Khalil.e
05-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Quite hot... :thumbsup:

japan_us
05-15-2009, 07:16 AM
This rendering has been floating around on a lot of the Triumph boards, and it is quite hot I must say. Too bad on the Audi lights - they look sweet and are the most eye catching thing about the rendering.

Still, Triumph owners/fans have been waiting for a litre Daytona for a looong time. I can't wait to add this to the stable - the Striple could use a friend. :)

scat19
05-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Such a bad photoshop.

Look at the engine and brake pieces. They have a hue of the bikes color.

japan_us
05-15-2009, 12:16 PM
^ You really like nitpicking, don't you? lol

B4tMan
05-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by scat19
Such a bad photoshop.... bla bla bla
Even my post is adding more to the thread ... by ridiculing yours

TurboMedic
05-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Hope it comes to light.....I always said I'd buy a daytona in the 1000cc range....Couldn't bring myself to drop to a 675 just on looks alone...

kevie88
05-15-2009, 05:05 PM
it probably won't be anything like this.. but here's hoping! :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
05-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by japan_us
This rendering has been floating around on a lot of the Triumph boards, and it is quite hot I must say. Too bad on the Audi lights - they look sweet and are the most eye catching thing about the rendering.

Still, Triumph owners/fans have been waiting for a litre Daytona for a looong time. I can't wait to add this to the stable - the Striple could use a friend. :)
Couldn't say it any better myself.

MUCH talk over a 1liter triple, but just mere talk and speculation. This is probably the 5th artist rendering of what may be. In sport bike terms, a 1 liter triple is an oddball combination.
Quite a few sportbike magazine editors and critics stated that such an engine would be quite ostintatious in size, thus really making it difficult to fit into a well sorted sportbike frame, entirely exlusive of any potential performance limitations this combo may experience.

I know Triumph is set on just twin's and triples, but i think they'd have to really look around and play their hand carefully if they want to create a bike as sensational as the 675 when it first came out, if they still do plan on making a triple that'll compete or exceed the Jap 1000's.
I'm not holding my breath for this to come out though, if I see it before 2011 then I'd be very surprised personally.
We'll see. I may end up trading my 675 for one if its as awesome of bike as the 1st gen 675 was when it first came out.