PDA

View Full Version : Supra Mk3 or FC?? Halp!

Sakujo
05-15-2009, 02:41 PM
So im looking to get purchase my first car soon and ive narrowed it down to two choices.
either a Mark 3 Supra or and rx7 FC
which would be better for a daily driver that with a few engine and suspension mods could perform well on the track on the weekend.
also which is more reliable?
fuel consumption?
and what kinda $ would insurance be like for each??

Thanks alot for the help

Jason Lange
05-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I would take the MK3 supra, I just am not the biggest rotary fan.

picmerollin
05-15-2009, 03:41 PM
It is very hard to compare an FC to an mk3 supra since they are both older models the range of condition and mods would be so huge that you would need to compare the actual car for sale vs that model of car.

try to find ones in your range and then compare those.

I had a FC years ago and loved it, sure a rotary will require some more/different attention- but whats to say a 15+ yr supra is going to be any better.

my vote is FC, I had one and loved it- if it wasn't stolen I would still have it!!

and BTW if you are worried about fuel consumption neither of these cars is for you.

CelicaST-162
05-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Sakujo
So im looking to get purchase my first car soon and ive narrowed it down to two choices.
either a Mark 3 Supra or and rx7 FC
which would be better for a daily driver that with a few engine and suspension mods could perform well on the track on the weekend.
also which is more reliable?
fuel consumption?
and what kinda $ would insurance be like for each??

Thanks alot for the help

Lets start with the MKIII Supra, I had one and loved it!

The Supra will be a better daily driver especially on long haul drives since it's heaver and more comfortable. The seats are to die for! The 7M has the headgasket issues, so make sure they're addressed before you start modding and take care of items that need repairs (Remember it's an old ass car!) It's great on the 1/4 mile straightaways but may be more to handle when it comes to cornering so a proper suspension is a must. The car will be reliable if it's been taken care of, and YOU stay on top of maintenance.

The RX7 is a great nimble car, but I'm not a rotary person..so youll have to do some research.

If you're looking for hybrid-like fuel mileage run away from these cars! (They take premium (Turbo)

gofastmerc
05-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Supra.

;Cough: shameless plug :cough:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=263768

ecstasy_civic
05-15-2009, 09:33 PM
FC.

I miss my 10AE:cry:

S13_Ryan
05-15-2009, 09:48 PM
id have to go with the MKIII

not a fan of the fc, fd is a whole different story:drool:

MoDo27
05-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Neither, buy something newer, the newest and lowest km you can find or you're asking for trouble.

Not trying to be harsh, just honest.

A790
05-16-2009, 02:38 AM
MKIII = ugly
FC = unreliable

Take your pick.

BenC
05-16-2009, 02:46 AM
I loove both cars
Personally I've owned an mk3 as my first car and loved that car to death.
I say mk3. But u won't be disappointed with an fc.

Just don't expect much from 20 y/o cars,

SRT10Killer
05-16-2009, 10:49 AM
are you looking at right hand drive or only lhd ?

I think power wise lhd fc = 160 hp, mk3 = 220 hp
RHD fc= 200-210 HP mk3 280hp (1jz)

both 7m and 1jz are very reliable, i'd say mk3

Nissan_Fanboy
05-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Go with a civic buddy,
i wanted a rx7 or a supra or a 180sx,
but i settled on a civic and i don't regret it.
Reliability is key.
For a first car you don't want to be putting tones of money into it.
Get a reliable car, drive it and then worry about getting a nice car to mod and take to the track.