PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin Pills could be bad.

Hakkola
05-16-2009, 01:04 PM
If you're physically active, particularly anti-oxidants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/12/health/research/12exer.html?_r=2&em

I don't take any vitamin pills, if you can, you should try to get them all from fruits/vegetables.

max_boost
05-16-2009, 04:04 PM
“I wouldn’t change recommendations for anyone based on one study,” he said. “This is one small piece of the puzzle.”

:dunno:

CMW403
05-20-2009, 11:26 AM
If you exercise to improve your metabolism and prevent diabetes, you may want to avoid antioxidants like vitamins C and E.

i think this is more aimed towards people at risk of diabetes or with history of diabetes in their families. the positive effects of vitamins clearly outweigh the negatives in most cases.

sputnik
05-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Whether the study is valid or not it should at least make people reconsider where they get their vitamins from.

I would rather get my nutrients from actual food sources instead of a pill.

Kennyredline
05-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Whether the study is valid or not it should at least make people reconsider where they get their vitamins from.

I would rather get my nutrients from actual food sources instead of a pill.
....and some jerkoff will do a study that says vitamins from natural food sources can cause cancer if you were born on a Wednesday, if the sun was out, if you were born in a hospital or at home, and only if your mom was born before 2p.m. less than 8 weeks before Christmas.....

Gorilla
06-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Cell phone could be bad too.. I can list off another 100 things that could be bad for you.

Do what works for you!