PDA

View Full Version : barbecue rotisserie ideas?

nonlinear
05-16-2009, 01:42 PM
we got a new rotisserie unit for our sturdy mothafuckin' broil king. we are thinking of using it this evening and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good shit to cook. We would default to whole chicken for the first time, except that we have a few in the freezer that we don't have time to defrost, and we don't want to go buy another one when we already have so many haha.

has anyone cooked fish in a rotisserie before? what about beef or lamb? looking for ideas!

Amysicle
05-16-2009, 11:33 PM
I did a deboned leg of lamb once. Rubbed it down with oil, cut little slits on both sides and stuck chunks of garlic in each slit, covered it with ground pepper and salt and then tied it to the rod. It turned out pretty well.

I really like doing chicken on the rotisserie. I experiment with flavours and seasonings and it seems to cook faster too compared to the oven.

I've also done a roast, but I think it was pretty compariable to doing it in an oven so I didn't do it again.

I don't think fish would be very good for this cooking method seeing as how the cook time is pretty quick and once the fish is cooked, I'd imagine it would be hard to keep together in one solid piece.