PDA

View Full Version : Best bubble tea in Calgary?

Pages : [1] 2

pinoyhero
05-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Searched but couldn't find a thread on this topic.

Best for me is Desert House, with Try Again coming in second ... any other recommendations? Desert takes too long and is a bit pricey. Try again doesn't have the same freshness and sometimes the line up is insane.

VietGQ
05-17-2009, 10:36 PM
peerless pearl house

green apple calpis :drool:

Majestic12
05-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Dessert House is such shit. I can't believe they "renovated" the old bakery for so long, and the best they could come up with was a big empty room that looked like a cafeteria.
Service still sucks, drinks are still pricey.

Dessert House just thrives because there's a lack of good competition. If Try Again had a sit-down place I'd rather go there 100% of the time.

anhsicun
05-18-2009, 05:58 PM
what happen to teh old bakery did they moved? one did i went thier and they were closed, i loved that place. back onto the topic pearless tea is good, but the dude straight up jack 168 tea shop in toronto menu everything is the same under a different name lol.

dj_rice
05-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Try Again FTW

xolemonteaox
05-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by anhsicun
what happen to teh old bakery did they moved? one did i went thier and they were closed, i loved that place. back onto the topic pearless tea is good, but the dude straight up jack 168 tea shop in toronto menu everything is the same under a different name lol.

from what i was told peerless pearls and the previous 168 tea shop is the same owner (don't know about now)
the only reason why he changed the name was because the franchise was too expensive, so he changed the name and kept the menu

i was just at dessert house, they're not that great anymore
i think try again is the best so far in calgary...
hopefully there will be more opening soon in calgary!

Graham_A_M
05-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Try Again FTW

Word, how do they compare in price to other places though?

adidas
05-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Not sure of the name...but Center st and 16ave Right on the corner in that big mall! That place is pretty decent, but then again i havent tried that many places!

dj_rice
05-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Word, how do they compare in price to other places though?

They are average...not the cheapest but not the expensivest either, but I always get the fresh fruit drinks so its always pricy

Graham_A_M
05-18-2009, 09:31 PM
expensivest

most expensive ;)
Alright thanks, thats good to know:)

dj_rice
05-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

most expensive ;)
Alright thanks, thats good to know:)

I'm Nammer, what can I say hahaha

And whenever I go BBT, I usually expect to pay around $5.25-6.00, anything above that is too expensive

jay.low
05-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Try Again. But they suck because I usually go downtown late at night and Try Again is usually closed when I go. I usually settle for Peerless which isn't too bad when I need a late night bubble tea fix.

LongCity
05-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Not sure of the name...but Center st and 16ave Right on the corner in that big mall! That place is pretty decent, but then again i havent tried that many places!

APA or something like that?!

flipstah
05-18-2009, 11:12 PM
There's a lot of good ones in downtown like the one in Chinatown where you have to go down the stairs because their store is below street level...?

I always love Bubblelicious(?) in T&T NE especially after hauling out groceries, but my new favorite is Bubblemania in 16th!

Lots of flavors and fast service! :thumbsup: *

* This comment was not paid for by Bubblemania and I am in no shape or form, in relation to any staff member and/or
owner of Bubblemania. They're just that good.

Is that the place where BananaJaks used to be?...

adidas
05-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by LongCity

APA or something like that?!

Originally posted by flipstah

Is that the place where BananaJaks used to be?...

To be honest i am not sure of the exact name. Its fairly nice inside and the store is located in the SW corner of the intersection. I do believe that its the place where BananaJaks used to be.

I believe there opening time is Noon or 1pm. Did not look busy at all, had a wide verity of stuff including food. A nice seating section and the BBT was delicious.

Will try some of the place that have been mentioned in this thread!

saiyajin
05-19-2009, 12:29 AM

To be honest i am not sure of the exact name. Its fairly nice inside and the store is located in the SW corner of the intersection. I do believe that its the place where BananaJaks used to be.

I believe there opening time is Noon or 1pm. Did not look busy at all, had a wide verity of stuff including food. A nice seating section and the BBT was delicious.

Will try some of the place that have been mentioned in this thread!

APM

max_boost
05-19-2009, 12:38 AM
They all taste the same to me :dunno: I get mine without any pearls or jellies etc. but I have to say Try Again makes a wicked Cappuccino or whatever it is they put in there. :drool: :hitit:

flipstah
05-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
They all taste the same to me :dunno: I get mine without any pearls or jellies etc. but I have to say Try Again makes a wicked Cappuccino or whatever it is they put in there. :drool: :hitit:

Sometimes you can tell which one uses powder and the real stuff. Powder mixes are WAY too sweet IMO.

dj_rice
05-19-2009, 07:27 AM

Sometimes you can tell which one uses powder and the real stuff. Powder mixes are WAY too sweet IMO.

Ughhh u know that you can choose to have your drink in either powder mix or fresh fruit eh....

flipstah
05-19-2009, 10:06 AM

Ughhh u know that you can choose to have your drink in either powder mix or fresh fruit eh....

Totally. But sometimes, you gotta have the cheap stuff. :rofl:

pf0sh0
05-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by VietGQ
peerless pearl house

green apple calpis :drool:

I second that shit. except mango calpis instead of green apple.

da_rite
05-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Peerless Pearl all the way, only place I go.

So good you gotta order minimum 2 bubbleteas per person.

Calpis and Sherbet flavours are my favorite.

speeed
05-21-2009, 11:57 PM
+1 for Peerless pearl :thumbsup:
green apple calpis is the best tasteing bubble tea i've ever had

other than that i usually go to bubblemania for bubble tea because of their wings

cityhunter2501
05-22-2009, 07:07 AM
where's this peerless pearl tea you guys talk about?

my fav in downtown is Try Again, Bubblemania 2nd and the Pearl place up in T&T NE

pf0sh0
05-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Any flavoured calpis is good.

flipstah
05-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501

+1. Would like to know as well! :drool:

my fav in downtown is... Bubblemania 2nd and the Pearl place up in T&T NE

This.

pf0sh0
05-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Peerless pearl is in China Town, on 2nd ave..somewhere... I think inbetween 1st and 2ndst SW

130-132 2 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 0B9ı - (403) 233-7718ı

anhsicun
05-24-2009, 12:56 PM
its by sakana grill but down more towards the 3 way stop sign

petoria
05-24-2009, 01:41 PM
tandt in the NE and try again

dino_martini
05-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Im a fan of Pearl Tea Hut or what ever is in Dragon City Mall. Though I am white, so take that with a grain of salt.

speeed
05-24-2009, 03:38 PM
^ i believe you're talking about pearl house

dino_martini
05-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by speeed
^ i believe you're talking about pearl house

Yeah thats the one.

B4tMan
05-25-2009, 02:59 AM
Seen it at Bubblemania, but never had it

What exactly is it ?

clem24
05-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by VietGQ
peerless pearl house

Peerless? Serious? That place sucks ass. I went there when DH was moving. The place was completely DEAD at 9pm on a Saturday night. The owner was going on and on about how good his drinks are compared to DH, then went on to say that DH takes forever to make a drink (which I agree with), and that one sip of his drinks and I will never go back.

Well, both me and my wife agree Peerless tastes like ass. Their drinks are way too sweet, they water it down way too much, and the texture and chewiness of the pearls are shit. I personally like Try Again (I think that's the place that goes downstairs where they seal the cup). But my wife likes DH.

Originally posted by B4tMan
Seen it at Bubblemania, but never had it

What exactly is it ?

This is the one on 16th Ave NE, just a little south of Edmonton Tr. Total gangsta hang out.

Jonel
05-25-2009, 11:22 PM

my fav in downtown is Try Again, Bubblemania 2nd and the Pearl place up in T&T NE

It's the BBT house we used to frequent near the CCC, Tony runs the place. We play cards and eat fishballs there every now and then.

1st still goes to Try Again for me, it just sucks they close so early (7pm iirc) but when I'm near chinatown I definitely try to make a trip there. Mango Watermelon with green apple jelly for me or Mango Cantaloupe.

DH sucked ass due to poor service, long wait times and overpriced menu items even back in the day when all those purikura machines littered that building. As for BJaks .. how many times have that place closed down and re-opened under a different name?

cityhunter2501
05-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Jonel

It's the BBT house we used to frequent near the CCC, Tony runs the place. We play cards and eat fishballs there every now and then.

1st still goes to Try Again for me, it just sucks they close so early (7pm iirc) but when I'm near chinatown I definitely try to make a trip there. Mango Watermelon with green apple jelly for me or Mango Cantaloupe.

DH sucked ass due to poor service, long wait times and overpriced menu items even back in the day when all those purikura machines littered that building. As for BJaks .. how many times have that place closed down and re-opened under a different name?

man we havent been there in years, we should go this friday...i dont remember what their bbt taste like :rofl:

dizzle
06-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by anhsicun

does anyone know where this bakery moved to?

winterkiss
06-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Hey guys, I'm Serina from Bubblemania. If you haven't been there before or haven't been there in a long time, you should check us out. If you're into fresh fruit bubble tea, now is a great time since it's summer and there's so much variety. A few summer additions you should really try are the nectarine, asian pear or white peach. Actually, I'm having a little bit of trouble stocking them because they've been so popular.

Hope I'll see you soon ;)

4St and 16 Ave NE...just between 7-11 and Deerfoot.

orangekiss
07-02-2009, 05:50 AM
My vote for green apple calpis from peerless pearl house too! very yummy. Also i frequent bubblemania a lot with my friends. Cheap wings and decent drinks imo.

Btw where is this Try Again place?? Seems like it's super popular.

The_Rural_Juror
07-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by clem24

Peerless? Serious? That place sucks ass. I went there when DH was moving. The place was completely DEAD at 9pm on a Saturday night. The owner was going on and on about how good his drinks are compared to DH, then went on to say that DH takes forever to make a drink (which I agree with), and that one sip of his drinks and I will never go back.

Well, both me and my wife agree Peerless tastes like ass. Their drinks are way too sweet, they water it down way too much, and the texture and chewiness of the pearls are shit. I personally like Try Again (I think that's the place that goes downstairs where they seal the cup). But my wife likes DH.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Went to Peerless this week on advice of this thread and will never go back.

Majestic12
07-24-2009, 06:42 PM
How is Bubble station, the place where Dessert House used to be? Trying to find a new place downtown now, because I'm swearing never to go to Dessert House again.

Place is such a giant piece of shit. Went there to get take-out... there were three tables or so, all with people already with drinks... so ordered, and it took 30 minutes to get our drinks out. So stupid... and so we asked wtf was taking so long "milkshakes take longer to make". Such bullshit. Oh, and the prices on the menu are wrong.. they charged us a different price.

On the "daily special" menu, a large blueberry juice is like, $8.50 or some ridiculous price like that... and that's BEFORE pearls.

Anyway.. enough about that.... how's bubble station? :)

There's another one, just off C Street and 3rd Ave intersection, in the little mall next to the optometrist. I wonder if that one is good?

yipb
07-24-2009, 07:20 PM
bubblemania!!

Power_Of_Rotary
07-26-2009, 05:08 AM
bubblemania for the win...tho i dont go there because of "bubbletea", since i order drinks without ordering pearls or jelly. and i tend to order stuff thats not fruit drinks. But i can vouch they are decent. Best part is cause they have the best wings (unless u go during busy nights, u may get some drums and smaller wings)

if its just a bubbletea place, i would go for the one in dragoncity, "something" house? someone already mentioned it above.

As for desert house is by far the worst, then they one across desert house (beside the parking lot) is not that great either, but if i remember correctly its the most expensive.

pinoyhero
07-26-2009, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by orangekiss
My vote for green apple calpis from peerless pearl house too! very yummy. Also i frequent bubblemania a lot with my friends. Cheap wings and decent drinks imo.

Btw where is this Try Again place?? Seems like it's super popular.

Try again is on the south side of 3rd in the heart of CT. Its under the stairs leading up to the mall.

black_2.5RS
07-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Bubblestation is crap - drinks are way too sweet and when we went, one person doing serving, making drinks and cash. Took a hell of a long time just to place our order.

Best place is Try Again, fast, fresh fruit (mostly) and cheap.

Prelude_dude
07-26-2009, 10:29 PM
i don't mind bubble station, the owner is really nice as he lets us roll in there with our roller blades as we are always down by the river blading. I usually just stick with the original milk tea and they have MINI Pearls, i love that shit, no more huge pearls exploding up ur straw and almost killing u, the mini pearls are the main reason i go there so its awesome place for me lol. And yea some of their drinks are on the sweet side, but i generally like it and would way prefer it to dessert house, and its open later than try again. So its a good place to go when i don't feel like getting a stare down at bubble mania as i frequent there quite a bit lol

Disoblige
07-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS
Bubblestation is crap - drinks are way too sweet and when we went, one person doing serving, making drinks and cash. Took a hell of a long time just to place our order.

This.

I found Bubble Station to be way too sweet too.
Try Again is my #1 spot.

FiveFreshFish
07-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS

Where are they and "cheap" is how much?

scat19
07-27-2009, 12:54 PM
I went to the 3rd ave place, Try Again last night with my girlfriend.

She loves bubble tea (asian), me being the whitey, it was pretty good.

I like the Kiwi/Pineapple. Didn't have any of the black things though.

Everlast
07-27-2009, 01:18 PM
How do you guys pronounce "calpis"?
I think i'm doing it wrong by saying Cow piss :angel:

szw
07-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Where are they and "cheap" is how much?

Try again is (well, it was a couple years ago) under the HSBC that is in Chinatown. At the time, it was the only bubble tea that I actually liked. They have more fresh stuff whereas everyone else seems to be all powdered.

adidas
07-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Where is Try Again? Ive passed by china town a few times and took a glance but was never able to spot it. Can anyone help me out?

Majestic12
07-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Where is Try Again? Ive passed by china town a few times and took a glance but was never able to spot it. Can anyone help me out?

If you're at the intersection of C street and 3rd avenue... facing south towards the Calgary tower, it'll be to your left... walk half a block where you see the HSBC, there is a set of stairs going down, and it's just to your left at the bottom of the stairs.

mdude
08-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Definately do not goto the bubble tea place in Westbrook. I liked that place before the previous owner quit and another company took its place.

They claim "Fresh Fruit" but its all powder and the pearls tastes like crap. I went there once to try it and I will never go back.

euro_racer
08-11-2009, 08:43 PM
what about Thai Thai? :dunno:

Hoagie
08-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Try again

raymondman
08-16-2009, 12:27 PM
FUCK bubble tea! Its like 5 bucks now for a regular. I can get a full meal at McDonalds for that price.

On topic, pearless pearl is good.

Cooked Rice
08-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by raymondman
FUCK bubble tea! Its like 5 bucks now for a regular. I can get a full meal at McDonalds for that price.

On topic, pearless pearl is good.

No shit? At McDonalds huh?

raymondman
08-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Many places, Ikea, Wendy's, Burger King...

SpoonEK9@STRD
08-17-2009, 11:22 AM
banana jaks

goat_killer
08-17-2009, 03:21 PM
...but my new favorite is Bubblemania in 16th!

Lots of flavors and fast service! :thumbsup: *

LOL are you kidding me w/ this comment? I don't think i've ever heard the words "fast service" and "Bubblemania" in the same sentence.

I'll admit their drink selection is pretty decent but I've gotta say that Bubblemania has some of the worst service in the city by far.

There have been numerous times when I've gone there w/ a group of friends and our drink orders arrive in different times. And I'm not talking 3-5mins in between, we're talking anywhere from 10-15mins form the time some of us get our drinks till the time the rest of our parties get theirs.

And don't even try to order food there. It's hit or miss whether they'll even get your complete order. I can honestly and confidently say that every time i've been there we end up cancelling a part of our order cause we end up waiting too long.

And before anyone posts "Why do you go there then?" response, i'll tell you guys that I don't go there because of these reasons.

probably been a good 2 years since i stopped going there.

i did however drop in a couple of weeks ago because of a friend who was visiting from out of town chose to go there. and low and behold it was the same level of service i had been acustomed to.

sorry for the rant. but i just had to throw that out there.

flipstah
08-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by goat_killer

LOL are you kidding me w/ this comment? I don't think i've ever heard the words "fast service" and "Bubblemania" in the same sentence.

I'll admit their drink selection is pretty decent but I've gotta say that Bubblemania has some of the worst service in the city by far.

There have been numerous times when I've gone there w/ a group of friends and our drink orders arrive in different times. And I'm not talking 3-5mins in between, we're talking anywhere from 10-15mins form the time some of us get our drinks till the time the rest of our parties get theirs.

And don't even try to order food there. It's hit or miss whether they'll even get your complete order. I can honestly and confidently say that every time i've been there we end up cancelling a part of our order cause we end up waiting too long.

And before anyone posts "Why do you go there then?" response, i'll tell you guys that I don't go there because of these reasons.

probably been a good 2 years since i stopped going there.

i did however drop in a couple of weeks ago because of a friend who was visiting from out of town chose to go there. and low and behold it was the same level of service i had been acustomed to.

sorry for the rant. but i just had to throw that out there.

What time(s) did you go? Because I've had good service whenever I went there and the place was usually packed with the late-night crowd.

goat_killer
08-17-2009, 03:37 PM
I've been there at all hours. Used to frequent it on a regular basis during wing nights. During those nights i could understand if an order has been missed or if drinks take a while. But to come there when the place has only a few tables full and to receive that kind of service is not the kind of place i would recommend to anyone.

And don't get me wrong, their BBT is good and the servers are friendly and nice. When explaining to a server that an order has been missed and i want to cancel it they never give me attitude. They're usually apologetic and nice.

It's just the lack of consistent good customer service that has turned me off to Bubblemania.

nj2Type-S
08-17-2009, 06:33 PM
i just got back from bubblemania and it was ok. go there right when they open at 5pm and you'll get your drinks and your wings right away, hehe.

C4S
08-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Best bubble tea ..

HOME MADE ! :D

Last 2 weeks .. I make bubble drink every night, since my wife bought a 7 lbs pack "bubble pearl" .. :dunno:

It is ok to drive all the way to china town for bubble tea ..

However, ~ 30 min drive (back and for ) ~ 30 min wait, bad service .. and ~ $10 for just 2 drinks for take out ... not anymore!

( I rather not staying there before I get my bullet proof vest .. :rolleyes: )

P.S. bubblemania is actually not bad, but not a great place to bring a few month old baby .. lol

jfit09
03-30-2010, 10:39 AM
There is one in Westbrook mall again for any southwest peeps.

Highlights are:

4.50 fresh fruit one flavor

you can pearls or jelly for no additional charge

add ice cream for $0.59
extra pearls or jelly $0.59

they also have some salads and food there.

TYMSMNY
03-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
what about Thai Thai? :dunno:

Thai Tai isn't bad, avocado = :drool:

scat19
03-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
i just got back from bubblemania and it was ok. go there right when they open at 5pm and you'll get your drinks and your wings right away, hehe.

lol @ bubblemania. If you want to go see a ton of rice in the parking lot and a ton of fake asians with all their designer shit that probably end up going home to a shitty rented apartment afterwards :rolleyes:

G
03-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by scat19

lol @ bubblemania. If you want to go see a ton of rice in the parking lot and a ton of fake asians with all their designer shit that probably end up going home to a shitty rented apartment afterwards :rolleyes:

Asians don't rent they live at home if they can't afford to move out. Yes I have cousins who are nearing 40 living at home...very disturbing.

nj2Type-S
03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
^that's just sad, lol.

miyavivi
07-15-2010, 11:51 PM
bubble tea original from Taiwan, TRY AGAIN too Hong Kong-style , and Not fresh produce, various flavors of early deployment in large pot, like go to the store to buy no difference ~~~
Friend took me to one new Taiwanese bubble tea called ¡®3:30 teatime bubble¡¯ , on 3rd Ave cross Center St., beside the cup cake , they are fresh marking , for me best pearl in Calgary ,they¡¯re super Q, drinks taste good too , price cheap

LongCity
07-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Why the hell are there so many unnecessary symbols in your post?!

eglove
07-16-2010, 01:21 AM
chinese > english keyboard conversion

woovic
06-04-2014, 05:02 AM
Anyone tried a place called Quickly in Chinatown? Just walked by the place a few days ago.

96integra
06-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by woovic
Anyone tried a place called Quickly in Chinatown? Just walked by the place a few days ago.

Their smoothies look good. Milk tea was meh and pearls were very very bland.

Edit: tried smoothie over lunch. No bueno.

Disoblige
06-04-2014, 08:22 AM
I remember walking past the Grand Opening beside Hing Wah with tons of people lining up. Looked inside, saw a bunch of powdered bins and immediately walked away. Is all their fruit flavored stuff powdered with just some real fruit topping on top? If so, I'll go to Try Again any day.

The Taro smoothie might be good though, the pics make it look like they make it really thick.

flipstah
06-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Quickly wasn't great. Try Again is the best around that area.

taemo
06-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Quickly wasn't great. Try Again is the best around that area.

this.
although our favorite in Chinatown currently is Dessert house because of their pistachio shake.
Peerless Pearl Tea Shop used to have a nice pandan bbt as well but last couple of times we went there, they didnt have any so we stopped going

flipstah
06-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by taemo

this.
although our favorite in Chinatown currently is Dessert house because of their pistachio shake.
Peerless Pearl Tea Shop used to have a nice pandan bbt as well but last couple of times we went there, they didnt have any so we stopped going

Dessert House requires a patience of a monk. The food and drinks are good but I stand by my statement.

taemo
06-04-2014, 09:50 AM
^yep, a simple bite there means 30min to an hour for some reason, just drinks.. wait at least 15min, also if you decide to have your drinks in a to go cup, extra $1 :facepalm:

the wife loves the BBQ chicken wings there but personally I would rather go to bubblemania for wings.

pistachio drink is awesome though, although it costs $8

Sorath
06-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Try again, tea funny

bleu
06-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I need to try Tea Funny.
I usuallly go to Hot Point.

Cooked Rice
06-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Tea Funny for their real Taro with red bean. Too bad prices went up though

TYMSMNY
06-15-2014, 12:31 AM
^ yeah. funny how they get the customers to pay for the expansion.

TomcoPDR
06-15-2014, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by bleu
I need to try Tea Funny.
I usuallly go to Hot Point.

Had tea funny the other day, so watery. iPad system gets annoying sometimes.

Hot pointe ftw

flipstah
06-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Tea Funny is meh. Doesn't have much selection.

Hot Point, Try Again, or Bubbles

StreetRacerX
06-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Had a hankering for some taro bubble tea and decided to try something other than Bubblemania or that kind of in the hole Vietnamese restaurant near Centre Ave. I remembered this thread and that a lot of folk liked Try Again, unfortunately, according to their website they are only open until till 6:30PM, Bubbles was too far away in the Northwest, so we went to Hot Point, ordered 2 Taro Milk Tea for take out and sat down. In about 5-10 minutes they were ready, after drinking it I'm quite certain this is where I'll go for my bubble tea needs from now on, only thing I didn't see on their menu was wings, which have been pretty damn good at Bubblemania Cafe, regardless I preferred the more milkshake textured taro bubble tea from Hot Point.

black_2.5RS
06-18-2014, 11:20 PM
I like lazy monkey near the macs by churchill in the nw. We go every sunday before dinner at my parents house. We've only had the hk style teas and theyre pretty good. Bubbles are good too if a little sweet at times.

jltabot
06-19-2014, 12:26 AM
I'm surprised the place in dragon city (first floor of regency next to the escalators?) doesn't have more votes.

3.50 or 3.75 for a bubbletea, pearls or jelly

HONEYDEW :drool:

Type_S1
06-19-2014, 07:17 AM
You guys should give O-Cup a try where the old desert house was (across the street from the current one). It's the best bubbletea in the city by far IMO and the owner is a nice guy unlike the desert house c*nt.

Top 5 - O-Cup, Hotpoint, Desert House, Try Again, Bubblemania

Never go to again:

Tea Funny (worst drink I have ever had, terrible food and that Ipad is retarded...give me a damn menu)

Quickly (food+drinks were below average, 3/6 drink orders were wrong and they forgot 2 of the items we ordered for food)

woovic
02-06-2015, 12:36 AM
Anyone tried Chatime? Walked by the place last week and it was lined out the door... It looks like they got some interesting drinks on the menu.

Toyota Racing
02-06-2015, 12:53 AM
Chatime is not exactly the bubble tea you are thinking of... They have the smoothie ones but they are more actual tea with ice and pearls added for an extra charge. They are pretty much a tea place. Their milk tea with pearls is absolutely delicious though! :thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
02-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Too bad Chatime doesn't have snacks or food. Their Taro milk tea :thumbsup:

Disoblige
02-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Chatime's pretty good. They're a Taiwanese chain so selection is based on that. Milk Tea was excellent, and pearls were perfect (IMO).

Best thing is not only is it good, but you can choose the % sweetness and % ice in your drink. Even with 80% ice, I find it too much, so next time I'll go 50% or less.

Just wish they had more flavors like Try Again does haha. I'm a Durian/Jackfruit kinda guy.

TomcoPDR
08-28-2017, 09:54 PM
Chatime's pretty good. They're a Taiwanese chain so selection is based on that. Milk Tea was excellent, and pearls were perfect (IMO).

Best thing is not only is it good, but you can choose the % sweetness and % ice in your drink. Even with 80% ice, I find it too much, so next time I'll go 50% or less.

Just wish they had more flavors like Try Again does haha. I'm a Durian/Jackfruit kinda guy.

Yeah, Chatime is been pretty consistent since they opened. They should have a university station location too I believe, or is that someone else?

It ain't no $1 dollar summer iced coffee, but will still cool you to the core on a hot summer's day.

http://image.ibb.co/fKDVnQ/017582acb83675513a2512add17b7464c4c480fe89.jpg

TYMSMNY
08-28-2017, 09:57 PM
Yeah, Chatime is been pretty consistent since they opened. They should have a university station location too I believe, or is that someone else?

It ain't no $1 dollar summer iced coffee, but will still cool you to the core on a hot summer's day.

http://image.ibb.co/fKDVnQ/017582acb83675513a2512add17b7464c4c480fe89.jpg

Look like you got yourself some fresh bubbles.

flipstah
08-29-2017, 08:39 AM
Mmm, milky.

I like Presotea because it's closer to my place and the owner looks dedicated to make the concept work in a competitive street.

buh_buh
08-29-2017, 08:47 AM
Is Dessert House still open? Seems like it's been closed for a few weeks now with no signage to indicate anything. Been going to Quickly or Justfruit or whatever it's called now across the street. Think it's actually better than Dessert House.

HiSpec
08-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Try Again is still my go to place.

BigDL
08-29-2017, 11:08 AM

Brentwood Mall area, it is in the middle of the new condo towers. They even have some deep fried chicken for food.