PDA

View Full Version : Fat people are bad, caused global warming and increased fuel prices

Majestic12
05-17-2009, 10:16 PM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/Health/Bias+against+obese+people+increasing+study+says/1605386/story.html

In the past year alone in studies, obese people have been held partially responsible for rising fuel prices, global warming and causing weight gain in their friends

I'm not surprised at all... generally being heavily overweight is indicative of poor lifestyle choices, like eating shitty food, sitting at home watching tv all day/night... I'm not surprised there's a bias against it, because unlike a lot of the other "conditions" mentioned in the article, being a huge fatass is your own damn fault... you see it coming, it's a gradual process, and you can turn it around with some common sense, time, and willpower.

And I'm not surprised it at all that employers would rather hire a fit person over an obese person, because at least the fit person has shown that he/she is capable of maintaining discipline over lifestyle/diet/exercise. Being huge like that is indicative of a lack of respect for oneself, in my opinion.

I know there are a lot of people out there with genuine medical conditions which are the reason why they are obese, but I'm just speaking in general terms... your average 20-piece-bucket fat person.

TorqueDog
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
There's bias towards obese people? Say it ain't so!

Obesity should be something we strive to reduce in society, not embrace. Becoming more 'accepting' of obesity is taking a step backwards. Human beings were not meant to be 300 lbs.

FivE.SeveN
05-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Puhl says media portrayals of the obese need to be challenged, and legislation is needed to protect people from weight-based discrimination.

“I think we need to show examples of diverse body types. We need to show that a person can be successful, ambitious and happy and reach their life goals, even if they’re not a size 4.”

shut up fatty! :nut:

kertejud2
05-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog

Obesity should be something we strive to reduce in society, not embrace. Becoming more 'accepting' of obesity is taking a step backwards. Human beings were not meant to be 300 lbs.

If I were in charge, I'd round up all the fat kids in elementary, put them in a pen and let them run from the rest of the school that gets to beat them up. Hopefully it encourages kids to lose weight/not get fat but also can be used as a crude lesson in natural selection (I say crude because I don't think nature has such staged examples of competition but the spirit is there, if the kids are fat because of a hereditary glandular problem it applies even more).

Unless we want a program with great expense and great invasion of privacy, all we can do is point at, laugh at and most importantly opress overweight people until they get off their ass and change their way of life.

TorqueDog
05-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2
If I were in charge, I'd round up all the fat kids in elementary, put them in a pen and let them run from the rest of the school that gets to beat them up. Hopefully it encourages kids to lose weight/not get fat but also can be used as a crude lesson in natural selection (I say crude because I don't think nature has such staged examples of competition but the spirit is there, if the kids are fat because of a hereditary glandular problem it applies even more).

Unless we want a program with great expense and great invasion of privacy, all we can do is point at, laugh at and most importantly opress overweight people until they get off their ass and change their way of life. Pretty well. Being 'tolerant' of obesity is like being 'tolerant' of cancer. Maybe tumours will become the next big beauty flaw, like Cindy Crawford's mole.

For the fat kids vs the normal kids, I was going to suggest paintball guns, but the obese kids and the healthy sized kids should both be running around. Obese kids to lose weight, healthy kids to stay active. It's a win-win situation.

topmade
05-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Puhl says media portrayals of the obese need to be challenged, and legislation is needed to protect people from weight-based discrimination.

“I think we need to show examples of diverse body types. We need to show that a person can be successful, ambitious and happy and reach their life goals, even if they’re not a size 4.
You're right, size 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 is acceptable, but not when they stop using numbers, but letters like XXXXXL x 5

Parents make fat kids, not the kids themselves.

I have no respect for overly obese people. There is only so much you can blame on it being a thyroid problem when you have to admit you're a lazy cunt with no will power to resist a 25piece bucket of KFC for lunch. I should of taken a picture when I saw three overly large women at my work chomping down a bucket of KFC at lunch.

There was this fatty where I used to live and they put up handicap parking signs in front of her house. Like WTF!! she should of been told to lose some god damned weight. But instead was given handicap signs so she doesn't have to walk that far, probably making her gain more weight.

ragu
05-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Back in the day while working at Pizza Hut I met an awesome server.
One day a couple walked in (together:500lbs+) and ordered Large extrachesse n bla bla...
Server's reply: "seriously? why?"
He didn't last long since the manager was about 300lbs as well.

revelations
05-18-2009, 01:25 AM
I used to be "fat" years ago - as I have a problem with food.

Now, I've kept my intake about the same (calorie-wise) but have cut back on the garbage and getting exercise 2-3 times a week - even while working 60hr weeks sometimes (no excuses due to work).

If I can do it, anyone can. Why is it so hard? :dunno:

Oldskool
05-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by revelations

Now, I've kept my intake about the same (calorie-wise) but have cut back on the garbage and getting exercise 2-3 times a week - even while working 60hr weeks sometimes (no excuses due to work).

Because it a glandular problem!

G-ZUS
05-18-2009, 01:31 AM
fat people need loving too but they gotta pay

B4tMan
05-18-2009, 01:44 AM
I enjoy it

Get 2 seats in an airplane

CUG
05-18-2009, 02:59 AM

Obesity should be something we strive to reduce in society, not embrace. Becoming more 'accepting' of obesity is taking a step backwards. Human beings were not meant to be 300 lbs. People thought that about homosexuality a while ago too, look how THAT changed.

kertejud2
05-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by CUG
People thought that about homosexuality a while ago too, look how THAT changed.

People thought/think homosexuality was morally wrong and wrongly accused them of being a health risk as well. This of course is not the case and as such, nonsense comparisons such as this are moot.

Obese people on the other hand are a health risk to themselves and as such are a financial drain to the rest of society. There are health risks associated, if not caused by obesity, not so with homosexuality.

Now if we were to tax fast food and junk food and such like we do with cigarettes and alcohol I wouldn't have as much a problem with it, but while smokers and drinkers have helped balance their debilitating health habits, fat people have not.

Majestic12
05-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Homosexuality isn't a choice, nor is it a controllable condition. Nor is it reflective of that person's willpower, personal strength, and self-respect.

OH-EIGHT
05-18-2009, 09:26 AM
ricky gervais on fat people (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXTq2_3LfXM)

RXTq2_3LfXM

heavyD
05-18-2009, 10:22 AM
I go to the same Tim Hortons every weekday morning and see the same obese people order those artery clogging breakfast sandwiches every single morning. I've come to the conclusion that a large percentage of society simply don't care since they all have access to meds that will prolong their obese existence while draining our health care and every other resource while stuffing their face. IMO the government should start taxing food with unhealthy fat contents thus making it less available. They do it with tobacco so why not unhealthy food?

CUG
05-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2

People thought/think homosexuality was morally wrong and wrongly accused them of being a health risk as well. This of course is not the case and as such, nonsense comparisons such as this are moot.
Umm, other than their likelyhood of contracting fatal STD's like AIDS being astronomically higher.

Sorry, I don't play politically correct ball when it comes to facts, but you're very wrong.

Edit:
I agree on the fatty thing, but as is par for the course, most of you aren't taking the real fact into account here. Addiction is considered a disease through research proven data. People addicted to food fall into this category as well.

Lucky is the man who's willpower achieves results. For the addict, his willpower turns against him, and his will to consume is unbreakable.

TorqueDog
05-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by CUG
People thought that about homosexuality a while ago too, look how THAT changed. Seriously? :facepalm:

That changed because it was a complete farce. Obesity is not just a way that society is 'changing'. It's an unhealthy lifestyle characterized by low willpower, and a lack of self respect.

I won't go out of my way to chastise someone for being a fat ass unless, like KIA fat girl (http://torquedog.gotdns.com/lulz/globalparody.wmv), they start complaining and expecting society change for them. I don't fucking think so.

A790
05-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I have no sympathy for fat people. I lose 40lbs in under 7 months without having to make dramatic changes to my lifestyle. It was easy. Eat a little better and go to the gym 3 days a week.

It's easier to stay slim than to get slim. Now, I look at fat people and think "go to the fucking gym."

Don't get me wrong, I have friends who are fat and its cool because they DON'T BITCH ABOUT IT. It's the ones who sit there and bitch and complain about being fat that piss me off.

CUG
05-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Seriously? :facepalm:

That changed because it was a complete farce. Obesity is not just a way that society is 'changing'. It's an unhealthy lifestyle characterized by low willpower, and a lack of self respect.

I won't go out of my way to chastise someone for being a fat ass unless, like KIA fat girl (http://torquedog.gotdns.com/lulz/globalparody.wmv), they start complaining and expecting society change for them. I don't fucking think so.

This forum is notorious for posts like this; Stating an opinion or thought that is in no way a fact or reality, while nuturing argumentum ad populum.

If those parade floats could have stopped eating, it might have happened at 200lbs, 300 lbs, 400lbs or 500lbs, and you still believe they possess any type of control over their eating habits? I don't expect that to make sense to the people in this thread, but it's something to think about. I'm disgusted with gelatinous fatties as much as all of you are, but get your shit straightened out in the fact department.

Xtrema
05-18-2009, 11:08 AM

lol, that should be on youtube.

sr20s14zenki
05-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

lol, that should be on youtube.

It WAS on youtube, and was removed, proving the problem here. " dont make fun of that fat bitch, its not her fault, we just need to accept her"

disgusting

Mckenzie
05-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by OH-EIGHT
ricky gervais on fat people (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXTq2_3LfXM)

RXTq2_3LfXM

:rofl: I could not have said it better.

I know someone with a thyroid problem, who complains about being overweight. They do not exercise and eat like arse. Everytime I see them eat, the plate is full of potatoes, bread and rice. Second helpings are common for the main course and when desert comes, the answer is always, yes, with seconds again.

B4tMan
05-18-2009, 11:42 AM
^ Now that sounds like a good meal

OH-EIGHT
05-18-2009, 04:47 PM
fatty can't get kia alignment done (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8cskk_global-tv-parody_news)

TorqueDog
05-18-2009, 05:52 PM
"Fatty can't get alignment done" is back on YouTube, BTW.

Originally posted by CUG
This forum is notorious for posts like this; Stating an opinion or thought that is in no way a fact or reality, while nuturing argumentum ad populum.

If those parade floats could have stopped eating, it might have happened at 200lbs, 300 lbs, 400lbs or 500lbs, and you still believe they possess any type of control over their eating habits? I don't expect that to make sense to the people in this thread, but it's something to think about. I'm disgusted with gelatinous fatties as much as all of you are, but get your shit straightened out in the fact department. So they don't possess any sort of control over their eating habits? Someone is forcing food down their throats? Really? 'Cause I'm pretty sure a little self-restraint at the buffet table and some wiser choices at the grocery store would fix the majority of their issues.

JRSC00LUDE
05-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by revelations

Your example encourages me daily Jared!

Antonito
05-18-2009, 06:49 PM
If you ignore the gay comparison, CUG actually has a point:

Originally posted by CUG

I agree on the fatty thing, but as is par for the course, most of you aren't taking the real fact into account here. Addiction is considered a disease through research proven data. People addicted to food fall into this category as well.

Lucky is the man who's willpower achieves results. For the addict, his willpower turns against him, and his will to consume is unbreakable.

Acceptance is not the answer, but neither is mockery for the sake of mockery. Food addiction should be handled the same way any addiction is: don't ever reinforce the idea that continuing the self-destruction is anything but a bad idea, but also don't feed into the vicious cycle by destroying the persons sense of self worth.

A lot of obese people eat as a way to deal with emotional trauma. So what do you think happens when people make a fat person feel like a sub-human? They eat to overcome the negative emotions. Then that makes them fatter, which makes them more depressed, etc, etc, etc.

Long story short, something really needs to be done. Ignoring the problem obviously isn't working. Super Size Me was actually a really excellent movie and has a lot of great ideas, the majority of which involve educating people, especially children, about the issue.

It's going to be a sad day when so many people are having so many health related problems that the government ends up banning junk food....I mean other than the trans fats that have already been banned in a bunch of places.

CUG
05-18-2009, 11:41 PM
"Fatty can't get alignment done" is back on YouTube, BTW.
So they don't possess any sort of control over their eating habits? Someone is forcing food down their throats? Really? 'Cause I'm pretty sure a little self-restraint at the buffet table and some wiser choices at the grocery store would fix the majority of their issues. The same way a coke head should maybe show some restraint with his 20 dollar bill/bag of coke right? No one's forcing the powder into their noses, same applies for every other narcotic out there.

That's a pretty simple answer to your question I should hope.

As Antonito said, it's their way of dealing.

If you look at grotesque obesity as an addiction more than an eyesore, it will obviously make more sense. Really, who in their right mind wouldn't want to be healthy and tag a few years onto their healthy life.

I can't really see how this doesn't make sense to you TD.

The gay comparison is quite relevant in terms of the initial perception of these people; apprehensiveness, prejudice and so on.

ZenOps
05-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Obesity is an inherited trait, like red hair or a big toe that is shorter than the second toe.

Sort of like how Rob Anders is a racist son of a biotch because its inheri.... Oh nevermind :rofl:

urban.one
05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Pure gold!

Originally posted by OH-EIGHT
fatty can't get kia alignment done (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8cskk_global-tv-parody_news)

Antonito
05-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by CUG

The gay comparison is quite relevant in terms of the initial perception of these people; apprehensiveness, prejudice and so on.

This is true, however the reasoning is different, which is why people are bugging out.

Being obese is bad for you. Period. End of story. It's virtually impossible to be obese and not suffer from a variety of health problems.

Being gay is bad for you if you're highly promiscuous. Being straight is bad for you if you're highly promiscuous.

In order to avoid things like heart disease, fucked up joints, type 2 diabetes, etc, you have to not be obese

If you want to avoid AIDs you have to practice safe sex. Don't have to stop being gay.

So the scenarios are different. People should obviously stop being dicks to fat people, but fat people should still be pushed to not be fat. Gay people shouldn't be pushed to not be gay.

liquidboi69
05-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

This is true, however the reasoning is different, which is why people are bugging out.

Being obese is bad for you. Period. End of story. It's virtually impossible to be obese and not suffer from a variety of health problems.

Being gay is bad for you if you're highly promiscuous. Being straight is bad for you if you're highly promiscuous.

In order to avoid things like heart disease, fucked up joints, type 2 diabetes, etc, you have to not be obese

If you want to avoid AIDs you have to practice safe sex. Don't have to stop being gay.

So the scenarios are different. People should obviously stop being dicks to fat people, but fat people should still be pushed to not be fat. Gay people shouldn't be pushed to not be gay.

Doing a bit of coke = destructive to body
Doing a bit of heroin = destructive to body
Smoking anything seldomly = destructive to body
Eating a little bit = NOT destructive to body

What im saying is... yes I would view it as an addiction like anything else but unlike the drug addicts that use these chemicals, Food does not cause a physical dependency.

I agree that once they are fat, they need help like drug addicts do in terms of therapy. So instead of the public being so accepting of fat people, maybe we should all treat it like an "addiction" and start treating it early on.

The problem is people see friends and families getting fat and they don't comment on it because its offensive, if you view it like an addiction, then treat these people the same way.

johnboy27
05-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

I think everybody should stop saying Obese and start saying grossly obese people will be unhealthy. Technically you are considered obese when you are 30 pounds over your optimal weight. My optimal weight for my height is 190 pounds. I would look like a crack addicted alien if I weighed 190 pounds. With my build and body type I will never go below about 225 pounds and I am happy with that. I am not 225 pounds right now, I weigh more than that and I understand I am overweight but I still do not consider myself obese. I do not take 2 seats on an airplane or any of the other things "fatass's" have problems with.

I also have had no medical problems what so ever in my 34 years. I also do not have an eating disorder, I have always been a big guy for as long as I can remember. I lift heavy weight at work everyday, never blown my back out as quite a few of my "healthy" co workers have . I have only used one sick day in 4 years from being "ill" or injured etc. Not all fatass's have eating disorders and are unhealthy.