PDA

View Full Version : It's A VTEC!

Mar
05-18-2009, 05:05 PM
This is pretty funny, the guy might actually be on this forum, that's why I'm posting it here.
I was driving west on 16 Avenue by Home Depot yesterday or the day before and some kid in a green Accord with gross exhaust ripped into my lane in front of me, cutting me off. My passenger starts screaming at him and gave him the finger and right away we all stopped at a light. I stopped a bit too far back from him so I put the car in first gear and overreved it a little to move up behind him. When I did that, he started reving his beehive to redline over and over and over and my friend and I started laughing. Then the driver stuck his head out the window and yelled out, "IT'S A VTEC!"

Hilarious! I think he was joking, I hope he was. But it's possible that he wasn't for sure. Pretty funny though.

InLoveWitRSX
05-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Mar
This is pretty funny, the guy might actually be on this forum, that's why I'm posting it here.
I was driving west on 16 Avenue by Home Depot yesterday or the day before and some kid in a green Accord with gross exhaust ripped into my lane in front of me, cutting me off. My passenger starts screaming at him and gave him the finger and right away we all stopped at a light. I stopped a bit too far back from him so I put the car in first gear and overreved it a little to move up behind him. When I did that, he started reving his beehive to redline over and over and over and my friend and I started laughing. Then the driver stuck his head out the window and yelled out, "IT'S A VTEC!"

Hilarious! I think he was joking, I hope he was. But it's possible that he wasn't for sure. Pretty funny though.

I'm so sure... :rolleyes:

Jlude
05-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Good story

chkolny541
05-18-2009, 06:21 PM
1.5/5

2 thumbs down

89s1
05-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
1.5/5

2 thumbs down

That 1.5 is being pretty generous.

DGill
05-18-2009, 08:45 PM
:facepalm:

ShermanEF9
05-19-2009, 12:37 AM
this thread sucks

Numi
05-19-2009, 12:41 AM
one time i was diving... and a civic hit vtec beside me...

Adrenaline101
05-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Numi

DUDE!! Now That is totally awesome.
I wanna know where the guy get it converted to a submarine at?

atgilchrist
05-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Can I have those 22 seconds back?

gen2teggy
05-19-2009, 09:49 AM
i didnt cut u off idiot, if u didnt notice YOU were in the construction zone line which merged into mine. YES my car has vtech and at least it isnt automatic...NOOB.

Mar
05-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Had to be there, I guess. :dunno: It was a pretty funny sight.

JTC180
05-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Did this actually happen right by the home depot?

Numi
06-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Adrenaline101

DUDE!! Now That is totally awesome.
I wanna know where the guy get it converted to a submarine at?

i dunno man but it was sick!
I was at the bottom of the ocean and all the sudden a civic sprayed vtec beside me.

obviously i meant driving.

xecutivip
06-17-2009, 06:21 PM
:whocares:

mowglee
06-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
i didnt cut u off idiot, if u didnt notice YOU were in the construction zone line which merged into mine. YES my car has vtech and at least it isnt automatic...NOOB.

*vtec :thumbsup:

rumeo
06-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy

your car has a cordless phone in it? sweeeett!

Zli
06-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by rumeo

your car has a cordless phone in it? sweeeett!

:rofl: :rofl:

Eleanor
06-17-2009, 08:07 PM
one time i was diving... and a civic hit vtec beside me... I call BS, there`s no way you would`ve been able to escape the rip in the space-time continuum that would`ve torn open.

G-ZUS
06-17-2009, 08:17 PM
go buy an intake

mowglee
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
go buy an intake

HAHA

Ihatetowait
06-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Mar

So you're the guy at the lights who stops too far back and makes EVERYONE behind him creep up 10 feet?

Diccccccck.

badatusrnames
06-19-2009, 07:21 PM

How did you survive?

Disoblige
06-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

How did you survive?

I know, this guy is full of bull. One time I saw a guy hit VTEC in his hatch on 6th ave and I suffered minor concussions while on the 28th floor of an office building.

FivE.SeveN
06-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Honda drivers are funny

*edit* haha, 3 x Z32's in a row, what do we win for that?

71car
06-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Then the driver stuck his head out the window and yelled out, "IT'S A VTEC!"

:facepalm: What is the big deal? That guy yelled out about his VTEC - so what? Sorry but I see that engines all the time many times in my work and not in just civics but other many models.

They're like a dime a dozen in my eyes and nothing thrilling about them. IMAO is this statment.

Mar
06-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Ihatetowait

So you're the guy at the lights who stops too far back and makes EVERYONE behind him creep up 10 feet?

Diccccccck.
So instead of simply asking me why I did it, you just assume the worst and call me names? Are you 5? And you should have accentuated the I in dick, not the C. Try pronouncing what you wrote.
The reason I stopped so far back is because he had just cut me off and I knew he had to jam on the brakes to stop for the light so I stopped right away not knowing how much room I would have. Once we were both stopped, I moved up to accommodate the space. Had you simply asked I would have explained it to you without you having to resort to name calling.

Originally posted by 71car
:facepalm: What is the big deal? That guy yelled out about his VTEC - so what? Sorry but I see that engines all the time many times in my work and not in just civics but other many models.

They're like a dime a dozen in my eyes and nothing thrilling about them. IMAO is this statment.
I can't quite figure out your post.....are you saying he shouldn't brag about his engine? That was the point of my post, though I'm pretty sure he was just saying it to be funny. I can't imagine anyone shouting that seriously.

71car
06-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Mar

I can't quite figure out your post.....are you saying he shouldn't brag about his engine? That was the point of my post, though I'm pretty sure he was just saying it to be funny. I can't imagine anyone shouting that seriously.

Yeah, right in what you're saying. Why brag about this engine if it's a everyday common engine? This kid is a moron seriously. Funny? Well...yea you could say that. It's funny in a SAD way if the kid thinks like that! :thumbsdow

cyrusli
07-02-2009, 04:18 PM
edit. not even worth my time commenting.