beecue
05-18-2009, 07:31 PM
1P9Gpr4Fc9w

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810045845/video/13526202

Looks decent. Rachel McAdams looks hot as hell. :drool:

SilverRex
12-29-2009, 05:57 PM
im thinking of watching that tonight

but my wife is picky and cant handle being scared or with extreme violence/blood

anyone seen it can comment?

thanks

Tik-Tok
12-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
im thinking of watching that tonight

but my wife is picky and cant handle being scared or with extreme violence/blood

anyone seen it can comment?

thanks

A coworker saw it with his wife (she's the same way), he said it was an awesome mix of humor/drama/action, his wife enjoyed it as well.

Jlude
12-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Saw it last night... thought it was pretty good.

I'll say this, Guy Ritchie should stick to the british gangster movies... he's better at those.

flipstah
12-29-2009, 06:50 PM
It was an entertaining way of showing Sherlock Holmes, I tell you that.

Pure gold! :thumbsup:

msommers
12-29-2009, 08:46 PM
I really liked it. It's overall very...clever.

arktrance
01-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Just wanted to chime in on what I thought about the movie.

Saw it this Wednesday and thought it was amazing haha! When I first think Sherlock Holmes, I think of a slow paced investigating sort of atmosphere but if you watch the trailer, it is pretty action packed and it definitely is in the whole movie. Quite cunning as well.

I wanna be like Sherlock Holmes now...well, his way of thinking haha. :D

shakalaka
01-08-2010, 09:40 PM
I was pleasantly surprised. Went because me and the gf couldn't find anything else on at that time. But I came out happy, it was very witty.

coventyhills
01-08-2010, 10:41 PM
I saw the movie but had to get up in the middle of it to take a #2 in the washroom at the theater. I didn't flush as I wanted to get back

shakalaka
01-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by coventyhills
I saw the movie but had to get up in the middle of it to take a #2 in the washroom at the theater. I didn't flush as I wanted to get back

Good riddance!:banghead:

HiTempguy1
01-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I actually found the movie incredibley mediocre. Yes, Robert Downey Jr. was his usual awesome self, and I thought Jude Law did a good job as well (not a fan, but he did a very good job in this movie). While the acting itself was good, I found the actual story itself boring. I knew instantly what was going on (it wasn't magic), instantly what the next sequence of events would be, and almost what the characters would say.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it cliched though, as the movie definitely followed its own beat. But for some reason I was expecting a lot more from it :dunno: I also found it a bit too comedic. I guess I'm being picky, but it was only (IMO) a 75% (which isn't bad or anything).

3x2u
01-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Living in Europe, the movies come WAYYYY later than in the States. Still hasn't come out yet. :(((((

300rwhp
01-11-2010, 11:55 AM
it was out in london dec 25 when i was there

l/l/rX
01-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I found this movie to be quite boring as well. I found Robert Downey Jr's accent to be unbearable at times. There were a lot of times were he just sounded like he was mumbling.

Gorilla
01-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
It was an entertaining way of showing Sherlock Holmes, I tell you that.

Pure gold! :thumbsup:

I thought it was better then Avatar..

Blacura
01-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
I found this movie to be quite boring as well. I found Robert Downey Jr's accent to be unbearable at times. There were a lot of times were he just sounded like he was mumbling.

I am usually good with accents, after a few minutes I can understand everything the characters say. This movie was a struggle the entire time to understand them. I had a bit of a sinus thing brewing so maybe that affected it. I will have to watch it on blu ray with a better sound system to eliminate the mummbles.

It was a visually interesting movie, neat settings and a unique feel to it.