PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sports Ideas

timdog
05-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Looking for something to get into this summer, and I am open to almost anything. Even though I said this summer it doesnt have to be outdoor. If I can carry into the fall/winter that's cool too. Right now I play some hockey in the Winter and during the summer I'll do some hiking and stuff.

Some stuff of I have thought of so far and am interested in:

- Calgary Rowing Club (i hear its pretty cheap and you can row whenever you want at the reservoir, anyone know anything about this?)

- amateur boxing or kickboxing (dont know where to go for this)

- wall climbing/rock climbing (heard the calgary climbing centre is good)

any other ideas or help is appreciated.
some of this is 'go on your own time' type of stuff, but i sort of like the idea of a scheduled organized sport that I am held accountable to.

only sport I am really not interested in is baseball

89coupe
05-19-2009, 09:16 AM
How about Judo?

ExtraSlow
05-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Ultimate frisbee. Can be a great workout if you are on a competitive team. Good sportsmanship, and minimal investment required.

timdog
05-19-2009, 09:24 AM
both Judo and Ultimate Frisbee could be cool. Any specific clubs/organizations i should check out in Calgary?

ExtraSlow
05-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Calgary sport and social club runs ultimate leagues for beginner and intermediate players.
Calgary Ultimate Association is more for intermediate and expert players from what I've heard.

89coupe
05-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by timdog
both Judo and Ultimate Frisbee could be cool. Any specific clubs/organizations i should check out in Calgary?

Here you go.

We have some of the top Athletes in Canada training here.

http://www.calgaryjudosociety.com/

~Leah~
05-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Definitely Ultimate!!

www.calgarysportsclub.com