PDA

View Full Version : interesting read for ya beware of seller

hengster
05-19-2009, 05:55 PM
take a look at this thread

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2946872#post2946872

7thgenvic
05-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Unit came off a working car.... You purchased it...Its all yours now...Figure it out.

hengster
05-19-2009, 06:04 PM

turbotrip
05-19-2009, 06:06 PM
rough him up when u catch him

hengster
05-19-2009, 06:06 PM
i did figure it out, its not working i got shafted

KoukiS14
05-19-2009, 06:09 PM
oh noes, another one of these threads :facepalm:

JTC180
05-19-2009, 06:10 PM
You fucked up somewhere. Hes a good guy and he has a good rep. Im sure he did not do anything wrong.

ABteg00
05-19-2009, 06:11 PM
:cry:

BlackArcher101
05-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Well HOLY SHIT... thanks for letting us know. Go fight your own battle with him... what do you want us to do? From our end it seems like you just like to complain and not sure what you got yourself into... meanwhile the seller has a good background and the unit was working before he sold it.

But in the end, none of us know what's really gone on and we can't do jack shit.

It's part of the game when buying used/private... Should've bought new eh?

hengster
05-19-2009, 06:16 PM
ya i shoulda, just some warning to other buyers make sure if its electronic to check it out first before u buy and make sure u meet the person at there house rather meeting at a mall like i did

89s1
05-19-2009, 06:18 PM
I've dealt with the member that sold you the unit. Besides his busy schedule making a meet-up take a week to arrange he was a great buyer, and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

canuckcarguy
05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't know, just because the seller has a good reputation doesn't automatically mean that the buyer screwed up. Electronic things sometimes get messed up. If this was on the car when the car was totalled, maybe that messed it up? Wouldn't that mean that it didn't actually come from a running working car? I don't think it's unreasonable for the buyer to want some compensation, and it sounds pretty reasonable that he's only asking for 50%. Especially if, as he says, he used the seller's recommended installer to install this thing...

As far as him posting the complaint on this forum, since when is that a no-no? It seems to me that those complaints get posted here pretty frequently, and if the complainer is a long-time member, nobody says boo about it.

trunks_phil
05-19-2009, 06:47 PM
that was what i was thinking too ..from what i heard car was in a roll over .. could of messed the unit up..plus the unit was a plug and play soo how the hell can he messed the unit up

Adrian_C
05-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
Unit came off a working car.... You purchased it...Its all yours now...Figure it out.

Well it came with a plug and play harness what is there to fuck up ???
also my unit works 100% and his is shot !!
checked software and upgraded in case that it was a software issue. Long story short we tried everything and the unit is still a no go !!

Regardless of schedule seller had at least attempted to contact the buyer about issues specially in conditions like this where there no room for error!!
Basically unit was DOA !!

5000Audi
05-20-2009, 01:23 AM
ive bought an eletrical device from this guy your blaming, worked just fine, he even installed it for me at no charge.. +1 for sr20s14zenki

FullMetal
05-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
I don't know, just because the seller has a good reputation doesn't automatically mean that the buyer screwed up. Electronic things sometimes get messed up. If this was on the car when the car was totalled, maybe that messed it up? Wouldn't that mean that it didn't actually come from a running working car? I don't think it's unreasonable for the buyer to want some compensation, and it sounds pretty reasonable that he's only asking for 50%. Especially if, as he says, he used the seller's recommended installer to install this thing...

As far as him posting the complaint on this forum, since when is that a no-no? It seems to me that those complaints get posted here pretty frequently, and if the complainer is a long-time member, nobody says boo about it.

Good point u got there, as the saying goes "Bros before Hoes" but on fourms its "Oldies before noobies" :rofl: :rofl:

Tik-Tok
05-20-2009, 08:20 AM
What I find interesting is the fact that sr20s14zenki said HE WOULD DEAL WITH IT, when he got to Edmonton. Instead of just waiting until that meet up, this moron decides to trash him with an other thread instead.

Good job buddy, instead of just being calm and collective and waiting to see what sr20s14zenki would do for you, you blow your top, and piss him off, that's definitely a good way to get your money back :rolleyes: :facepalm:

thinmyster
05-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Looks like the buyer got the shaft here. I dont know when sr20s14zenki is planning to go to edmonton next but its been nearly a month since hengster bought the unit. Id be pretty pissed if this were me. He most likely met you at the mall because he didnt want you to see the condition of the car it came off of.

I think only asking for half the money is more than fair. Can sr20s14zenki confirm the unit worked after the accident? Probably not.

ekguy
05-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Some people here sound like the seller intentionally ripped off the buyer. People also say he's got an extremely good reputation on here which has been shown to be true time and time again. So wouldn't said seller do everything in his power to maintain his reputation on here by not selling faulty products to anyone. I feel there may be more to this story than is being told.

Just my 2 cents. The buyer has no tact and dealt with this in a horrible way rather than waiting and seeing if the sr20s14zenki would rectify the problem or at least try.

:thumbsdow to the op.

thinmyster
05-20-2009, 09:00 AM
He probably didnt intentionally rip off the buyer but again, can sr20s14zenki confirm the unit worked after the accident? Probably not.

bundi
05-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Seller has been around for a while and seems like a pretty reputable guy. Also seems to be pretty knowledgable. His trader rating is also really good...

That being said, yeah unfortunately there is no way to tell, I can see your side of the story though... there isn't much to screw up...

But from his side, there's no telling what you could have done to it... maybe something happened after you bought it.. there's no way to tell.

My suggestion would be to try and work something out with him like.. send it in to Greddy and get them to look at it and diagnose the problem. If it points towards it being likely that it was sold to you as dead... then Zenkie might be inclined to help you cover repair costs.. who knows maybe it's only $50 to fix it.

Good luck to both of you.

hengster
05-20-2009, 09:17 AM
ok i just got a pm and sr20s14zenki was not the guy who sold me the emanage, its actually his buddy Aymen who used his account. and its been like 3 weeks since i bought it. ive made attemps to get in contact with him and waited long enough, he was here looking at it right after i bought it. for someone who had it in his car didnt seem convincing and keep saying "its something to do with jumper settings and ill get back to you on it, " never got back to me. i got a hold of greddy tech and its not the jumper settings. i didnt know that sr20s14zenki was not the seller, I thought i was buying from a good rep guy. plz get a hold of Aymen because he doesnt answer my calls. we can work something out for the bad rating i can remove it.

Geeman
05-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Of course another it was someone else using their account... god this got boring quick.

:whocares:

By the way this isn't me posting its my buddy, donthaveabeyondaccount using my account cause he/she forgot their password or their internet is down or their dog's hair is too long.

canuckcarguy
05-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Let somebody else use your account and trade rating at your peril.

If the transaction goes well and you get a positive rating, you never tell anybody that it was your friend's item. If there's a problem, blame your buddy. Sounds brilliant.

2EFNFAST
05-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Isn't that the same guy who's holding somebody's powersteering line hostage? :lol:

FullMetal
05-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
Let somebody else use your account and trade rating at your peril.

If the transaction goes well and you get a positive rating, you never tell anybody that it was your friend's item. If there's a problem, blame your buddy. Sounds brilliant. :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl: lol now the story changes to he said she said lool

gretz
05-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Let me get this straight:
-Guy buys e-manage set for sr20.....
-guy changes jumper setting from sr20 to ...what the guide says (and back???) before even testing the unit
-guy claims the unit is fucked

I'd say you should have tested it before you messed with it, then i would imagine a refund/exchange would be appropriate but....

i'd say your SOL:dunno:

hengster
05-20-2009, 06:54 PM
fyi, the jumper setting was jumper 8 (ignition output signal) it was set at 12v wen i got it, but when reviewing install manuall recomended it to be 5v. i questioned it searched the net and called greddy tech, it was in the right setting 12v the manuall was wrong. 1st tried 12v and nothing switched to 5v nothing...tried my buddys emanage set at 12v and works.

and your right i should have tested before i even bought it.