PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Planner

shox
05-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Me and the fiance are having trouble finding a good wedding planner. We haven't actually talked to one yet, we've Googled a lot but have only come up with a couple. Probably going to call within the next couple weeks.

For those who has used a wedding planner, or those who have gone to an awesome wedding that was coordinated by a wedding planner, who did you use? Thanks

1-Bar
05-19-2009, 10:24 PM
http://inspiredoccasions.ca/

Used Terra for our wedding a couple weeks ago....she is the greatest! I don't think our wedding would have been as good as it was without her....

If you goto her blog, May 5th entry was our wedding....LMK if you want more detailed info :thumbsup:

~Leah~
05-20-2009, 08:55 AM
I got a 2nd job doing serving for weddings at a golf course and was in awe at the one we were setting up, it was amazing. The Wedding Planner walks in, and it's no other than an old friend of mine from Regina. She did an AMAZING job!! Let me know if you want her contact info.

barmanjay
05-20-2009, 09:15 AM
www.erosevent.ca

shox
05-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
I got a 2nd job doing serving for weddings at a golf course and was in awe at the one we were setting up, it was amazing. The Wedding Planner walks in, and it's no other than an old friend of mine from Regina. She did an AMAZING job!! Let me know if you want her contact info.

Does this friend of your's still live in Regina and was ask to come in town to arrange this wedding? Hopefully she lives in Calgary cause we were looking for someone local to keep the cost down.

~Leah~
05-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Yep she has lived in Calgary for a few years now.

cancer man
05-23-2009, 07:36 AM
My wife does this and it's alot of work,she'll be glued to your
fiance for hours and you for the paychecks.
Unless you want to waste weekends and nights go with a planner.Chicks love shopping and i can't stand it.

Wait till you have to make a guest list :banghead:

Happy Wife Happy Life.

snoop101
06-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Didnt want to start a new thread since this one is going.

I got a question though. Is it worth going with a planner? Will you save because they have the hook ups or will it be worse because they charge you an arm and a leg for there services?

97'Scort
06-23-2009, 01:58 PM
It does wind up being a little more, but it's worth it to save you the hassle. I get hired to DJ through planners all the time, and the bride and groom seem much more relaxed since they don't have to deal with as much crap.

quazimoto
06-23-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't think planning a wedding is that hard in all reality. There are only so many key things that you need the planner for.

* Venue
*Officiant
*Photographer
*DJ
*decor and flowers

There is only so much the planner can do for you. When I get hired to photograph a wedding through a planner they are typically paying 15-20% more for my services as a result since the planners usually make a percentage of the overall cost of the wedding. I wouldn't call it a small price to pay in any event.

I more a less look at this like hiring a travel agent or booking it yourself. I will cost you several thousand dollars more to have your wedding.

A proper wedding planner is just going to take the research out of everything for you and arrange to have the vendors meet you. So you are still spending your time meeting with vendors seeing what they have to offer. The one thing you save time on is research.

97'Scort
06-23-2009, 04:26 PM
^ Several thousand is a gross exaggeration. Most of the planners I've worked with make about $2k on a big wedding of 200 or more. Some planners have you meet with the vendors, but most don't. They already have a vendor list and know which ones they like to work with.

For a good planner, you should wind up meeting them, viewing the flowers, tasting the dinner (if it's catered by a higher end company), and that's about it, unless you want to meet everybody.

Bizzareo
06-23-2009, 10:37 PM
I worked in the tuxedo industry for a while and allot of people were doing things by themselves but just planning a year or so in advanced.

Wedding planners just help remove some of the hassle.

If you have time though, shop around, go to bridal expos (2 a year) etc.

Also all tuxedo shops have a policy for grooms being free w/ 5 or more rentals (this includes you). Though IMO its much better to buy a suit than rent a tux.

And steer clear from the bridal pavilion! Its just sooooooooooo tacky, the only thing they have going for them is the amazing food (I had to do a show there).