PDA

View Full Version : $17/hr job - College students welcome

copynpaste
05-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Got this in my email and thought id pass the news along. I have no clue about the job details, but perhaps some of you may be interested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

College Students Welcome to Apply
$17 an hour to start
Fast growing company expanding to all areas. Openings in Customer Sales & Service. Schedules are flexible: day, evenings and weekends available.

No prior experience is required, as we provide training if accepted. The work is simple, but rewarding.
No door to door canvassing and No telemarketing involved.
Scholarships are available. All majors may apply.
Part time and full time positions are available
Conditions apply.

REQUIREMENTS:
Must be positive and friendly as those accepted for the positions will be working with customers.
All ages 17 & older may apply.

For Immediate Consideration:
Call 403-243-6635

GQBalla
05-20-2009, 02:29 PM
thats retarded, what do you do than?

LadyLuck
05-20-2009, 02:32 PM
its from Vector Marketing Canada

Vector Marketing (http://www.vmcanada.ca/)

Super_Geo
05-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I thought I'd make a call and save you guys some time:

The company is called Vector Marketing.

It's $17/appointment, not $17/hr. I'm assuming you'll be responsible for your transportation to and from.

You go to customers houses (who are expecting you, apparently) and show them shit that they may or may not want to sell.

Sounds shitty, I don't think there'd be many appointments... unless there are more idiots in Calgary than I originally thought.

LadyLuck
05-20-2009, 02:36 PM
^ the customers are "expecting" you, but what they arent expecting is a Sales person, instead someone to bring them a gift.

Its all the same shit, it will end up costing you more money for gas than what you will be making.

Super_Geo
05-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Yup, definitely shitty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_Marketing

Salespeople, many of them college students and recent high school graduates[1]market Cutco products (mainly kitchen knives) to customers, especially their friends and family members[2] via one-on-one demonstrations, and (infrequently) through fairs & shows.

copynpaste
05-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Yup, definitely shitty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_Marketing

OUCH, cutco knives? lol like many people care to spend big bucks on cutlery? :thumbsdow

7thgenvic
05-20-2009, 02:46 PM
waste of time.....

JAYMEZ
05-20-2009, 03:06 PM
:thumbsdow

SilverGS
05-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Cutco Knives are actually quite good. Comparable with Henkels and price point is fairly similar.

Things to know about Vector Marketing (Cutco):
- You will be a sales person
- You will probably get $17/presentation you make (which takes about an hour or so or less)
- You go to peoples homes to sell knives (So not really door to door but you call around and make appointments to go to their house)
- They say its not telemarketing because your calls are based on referrals starting with your friends and family instead of calling cold from a phone book
- There is a commission schedule for selling knives ranging from 10%-50%. You start at 10% or something like that and go up in amount as your sales total goes up. So after $1000 in sales you might move to 15% or something.

If you are a good sales person you can do quite well. Once you are at the highest commission level making 50% on a set of knives costing $1200 is a nice commission in your pocket.

No, I do not work for them. I did try it out a long time ago. I found out I am not a good sales person but there were some people that did quite well.

sputnik
05-20-2009, 03:17 PM
:closed:

Schwa
05-20-2009, 04:25 PM
if they are paying you 50% for $1200 knives then the knives must only be worth $600 or less. How is this a good deal for the customer?

Jim Rome99
05-20-2009, 04:40 PM
What a scam, delete this thread.

A790
05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Schwa
if they are paying you 50% for $1200 knives then the knives must only be worth $600 or less. How is this a good deal for the customer?
While I don't agree with Vector marketing, it's clear to me that you aren't terribly familiar with how retail pricing works...

jsn
05-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
^ the customers are "expecting" you, but what they arent expecting is a Sales person, instead someone to bring them a gift.

Its all the same shit, it will end up costing you more money for gas than what you will be making.

Bingo! i had this happen to me. They said they'd bring me some prize or something, so I let then bring it. When he came, he tried to walk into my house and set up some presentation. I simply said I had no time and sent him packing. Wonder if he still gets paid? He was at my house for a whole 5 minutes lol

Disoblige
05-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Cutco knives are great, if you need them :poosie:

Power_Of_Rotary
05-21-2009, 02:05 AM
kinda reminds me of college paint crap...except gayer

Prolifique
05-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Looks like more of a headache than a work opportunity...then again that is the case in finding a job atgm.

:thumbsdow

cancer man
05-21-2009, 06:14 AM
I thought they sold Encyclopedia's.

scat19
05-21-2009, 08:13 AM
If the ad tells you what you WONT be doing, you can tell its shit.

kamakurakid
05-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by scat19
If the ad tells you what you WONT be doing, you can tell its shit.

That has me laughing, good one. I am thinking of spending today at work telling people what they won't have to do, we shall see how that works out. Sounds like a character from SNL or Kids in the Hall... "Won't Man".

SilverGS
05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by jsn

Bingo! i had this happen to me. They said they'd bring me some prize or something, so I let then bring it. When he came, he tried to walk into my house and set up some presentation. I simply said I had no time and sent him packing. Wonder if he still gets paid? He was at my house for a whole 5 minutes lol

Wow they are getting worse. They never taught me to use a "gift" as a way of getting an appointment. In the end they tried to sell it off as a non-pressure tactic of selling but that wasn't true. I didn't really want to go through their taught sales method so just stopped making appointments.

Originally posted by Disoblige
Cutco knives are great, if you need them :poosie:

Yup I have them at home. If you don't want to deal with them coming to your house for a presentation and all that they have a booth at the stampede every year.

cycosis
05-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I have a few friends who do it, one of which has done it for a few years and hes pretty successful at it. He makes over $3,000 a month for limited effort.