PDA

View Full Version : Programming Job Opportunity

vinc456
05-20-2009, 09:49 PM
We're hiring! This is a excellent opportunity for a recent graduate (or anybody who is able to work 9 contiguous months)

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/264854/wanted-iphone-developer/

mazdavirgin
05-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Is there really a need to cross post across forums? Who in their right mind would skip a semester to go and work when they could do a full internship? No offense but a small startup that pays less than starting wages for new grads is not going to be an easy sell. Consulting gigs should be paying more not less due to the lack of job security/no benefits/long work hours. Then again who am I to say since well I am no longer a student. :dunno: All I know is you would have to be paying me roughly 25% more than I would make as a regular salaried employee to get me to consult.

vinc456
05-21-2009, 12:17 AM
[list=1]
No there isn't a need, but it surely doesn't hurt. I'm in CS but I'm sure there are many talented students in SENG, ENEL, and Computer Engineering that I otherwise would not be able to reach out to. If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears!
The target is new graduates who will get things done and don't mind working hard for 9 months. If you are an iPhone guru, by all means write your own app or bill at $150/hour! :drool:
Given the size of the company and the state of the economy, my salary is very reasonable by all standards. I don't know how much you will be offered.
[/list=1]
Just an opinion but I still think this is one of the better opportunities you'll find within Calgary. :thumbsup:

eur0
05-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Cross posting is not allowed, keep it to the Careers section.