PDA

View Full Version : Flames vs. Oilers!

Davetronz
10-26-2003, 02:00 AM
Hows about those fights under 30 seconds into the game!
Turned out to be a good one! That young kid playin with Iginla looks like he has LOTS of potential!

jayvtec
10-26-2003, 11:24 AM
yep...matthew lombardi...funny...he was a pick of edmonton but couldn't come to terms wit them....re entered the draft and was taken by calgary....a la jarred stoll....taken by calgary couldn't sign him....re entered the draft and taken by edmonton...only difference....lombardi can play with the big boys.

Aleks
10-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Calgary 4 edmonton 2 :clap: :clap: :clap:

So that makes it 2-0 this year in games for the Flames

max_boost
10-26-2003, 02:38 PM
Good to see Iggy have a break out game

hjr
10-26-2003, 03:07 PM
ohh calgary. it really doesnt matter who the team is, if the can hold out to the last period against the oil, they will win cause the oil crumble in at the end of the game, every game. Take Oilvs.Blues. Oilers were up 3-0 in the first and lost the game 5-3. fucking blew it in the 3rd. But hey, maybe you guys can make the playoffs this year, wouldnt that be great ;)

Davetronz
10-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by hjr
But hey, maybe you guys can make the playoffs this year, wouldnt that be great ;)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Well .... Highly unlikely, but maybe we will not be in the bottom this year. Thats a more realistic goal...

Hows about the fact that the flames are SHOOTING on their powerplays for the first time in like 10 years. Before they just used to play "Keep Away".... It seems to be working well for them. I think they outshot Edmonton 2:1 yesterday.

Ajay
10-27-2003, 12:50 AM
7 Years in the making.....2Pac didn't come back...but the Flames will!

ryder_23
10-27-2003, 12:52 AM
:rofl:
GO FLAMES GO

Davetronz
10-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
7 Years in the making.....2Pac didn't come back...but the Flames will!
Hahahahaha thats great!
lol

Maybe if the games stay interesting this year like they have been I will keep watching. I havent watched hockey since I quit playing 3 years ago.
But now that I work as a hockey/board/bike tech I need to get back in the sport scene.

SoSlowDx
10-27-2003, 02:16 PM
It's too early to tell, awesome that they're winning their games but we'll have to see if they can make it to the playoffs;highly unlikely.

thich
10-27-2003, 03:36 PM
it IS highly unlikely,
but if they do, i'm going to watch their playoff game :)

NickGT
10-28-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Well .... Highly unlikely, but maybe we will not be in the bottom this year. Thats a more realistic goal...

Hows about the fact that the flames are SHOOTING on their powerplays for the first time in like 10 years. Before they just used to play "Keep Away".... It seems to be working well for them. I think they outshot Edmonton 2:1 yesterday.

I couldn't agree more. I love that they're actually shooting now, not just on the powerplay but all the time. I remember cursing and swearing the last couple years watching them attempt to cycle the puck, and fail miserably. With the defensive strategies they've got now its hard to cycle the puck and setup that perfect play.

Sometimes you just gotta get the puck on net, and bang it in. Seems to work for them, and really fucks up the defensive strategy of the other team. Cause now the other teams have to worry about a shot at any time, as opposed to watching the puck go around, predicting the next pass, and intercepting it.

The last game was definitely a good one. :thumbsup:

Davetronz
10-28-2003, 09:42 AM
I think they play the Avalunch tonight.

Roadrage
10-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318
I think they play the Avalunch tonight.

It's Patrick Roy night at the game.

Davetronz
10-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Roadrage

It's Patrick Roy night at the game.
Right, they are retiring his jersey/number tonight I hear....
Which reminds me, I didnt check to see if this game is on TV...
w00t 7:30 on TSN!

Davetronz
10-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Cool they just raised his WRINKLED number....
I cant see why they couldnt IRON it.....