PDA

View Full Version : what's this civic worth?

moneywhore
05-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi folks, just wondering what a fully done up 93 civic would be worth.

Red Civic Si hatch w/ 100, 000 original kms and original owner
Never winter driven therefore absolutely no rust
Flawless factory paint and the car has had NO accidents including no door dings or even rock chips
JDM LED spoiler
16" rims w/ new tires. I don't know what rims they are but they're clean looking.
Piaa fogs
JDM front bumper lip
Type R seats
momo steering wheel (airbag has obviously been removed)
Factory A/C that was properly installed and converted to the R134a system
factory power windows, locks and mirrors (taken from a JDM civic hatch)
JDM cluster purchased with 0kms (now shows 60, 000kms)
B18C JDM motor w/ 60, 000kms. Was purchased new (created engine from Honda Japan) with 0km when it was new
LSD Type R tranny
Centerforce dual friction clutch
Spoon timing gears
Feels 4-1 header
Tanabe G power catback exhaust
Apex N1 coilover suspension
Type R calipers
New pads on all 4 wheels.
Never been really bagged - I've known him for 15 years and his car is well taken care of. Weird that he never drove his car hard.

My friend is thinking of selling his car but I'm not sure what he would ask for it. He's the original owner and I know for a fact that he babied that car. He's all about clean installs and doesn't cut ANY corners when it comes to his car and uses factory parts
whenever needed. I don't want to lowball him b/c of the fact that he's a friend AND the fact that his car is probably better than 90% of the 92-95 civics around Manitoba.

Feedback on what I should offer him? I see plenty of these old civics around that are done up but none that are quite as nice as this one. I am not a fan of red cars but this thing is beautiful - like dealership new...

Thanks

Jlude
05-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I've found that cars in winnipeg are more expensive than Calagry (Where beyond is based)

thinmyster
05-22-2009, 11:04 AM
post a pic

rc2002
05-22-2009, 01:14 PM
You say it has 100,000 original km and that 60,000km has been put on the cluster since the swap. Does that mean the car has 160,000km now? Did the car originally come with A/C or was that an afterthought?

If you're that concerned about lowballing him, you should ask your friend for a price first.

Your friend will probably be able to make more money selling it to someone he knows because it'll be hard to convince a random person that the car hasn't been driven hard considering the modlist.

bubbley
05-22-2009, 01:43 PM
hmm im gonna say $6000

Edit: less

moneywhore
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
no total mileage of 100, 000kms.

He had the original factory cluster in the car up to about 40, 000km. Then when he swapped the motor out he changed the cluster with a new jdm one.

So 100, 000 total kms and I know that he doesn't bag his car. The occasional rev to redline here and there but NOTHING I would say is constant abuse.

Slick looking vehicle. Bottom line is I like it a lot but before I present him with some amount I want to be sure I'm not lowballing nor am I paying way too much for the car.

I recall he said that over the years that he's added in the aftermarket parts that he's easily spent well over 20k in upgrades. The bulk of the cost of course was the crated motor which I believe cost him well into the 8-9k range back then.

Factory a/c is in the car and the only reason why he had to temporarily remove it was because he did the motor swap and he needed more clearance to get the new B motor in.

He mentioned something about how the del sol vtec a/c bracket to make his d series compressor fit on his b engine alone cost him 300 bucks. He's the type of person to put in everything new and everything as factory as he can get.

Definitely a lot of pride and care put into it. I just like the fact that its that old with not a spot of rust or scratch on it.

The crazy thing is that he's put so much time and effort into this car and he doesn't drive it around. It was as if this car was his play thing to look at more than to drive it. Either that or he's afraid of getting it jacked.

MoDo27
05-22-2009, 04:55 PM
:whocares:

911fever
05-23-2009, 07:48 PM
$3500.

BlackArcher101
05-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Well, if this one is worth $13,500, then the one you mention is worth over that.

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=1457551&pgno=1&srt=10&r=winnipegmanitoba

In the end the sample size is so small I have no idea.

topmade
05-24-2009, 12:34 AM
At the end of everything, it's only a 93 civic with lower km's. I'll give it 5k max if there is actually no rust on it.

Numi
05-24-2009, 02:49 AM
amazing how many arrogant ppl there are on beyond..
5k?? LOL

i would say with the amount of work into this car its probably worth up near 8,000 - 10,000 range.

In the end if a seller wants a certain price for a car he can get it if the right person comes along.

In your case just offer him what you think and see what he says.. if he doesnt except it than ask him what he thinks a reasonable price is.

SNAATCH
05-24-2009, 03:11 AM
If it's the kind of car you want and plan to keep, it should be worth about $8000-9000. Hard to fetch 5 digits for a 15+ year old honda hatchback. If I'm not mistaken JordanEG6 had to end up selling his EG hatch for under $10k and it had a K20 swap.

rc2002
05-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Numi
In the end if a seller wants a certain price for a car he can get it if the right person comes along.

[/thread]

Everyone's going to have a different number in mind for the car. The market keeps getting smaller for that kind of car, but if I was the owner, the lowest I would sell it for would be $8k.

89s1
05-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

[/thread]

Everyone's going to have a different number in mind for the car. The market keeps getting smaller for that kind of car, but if I was the owner, the lowest I would sell it for would be $8k.

This.

911fever
05-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

[/thread]

what a terrible price, who buys a 93 Civic for that price? I can get an E36 M3 for that price in the US, imported. Terrible.

Numi
05-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

what a terrible price, who buys a 93 Civic for that price? I can get an E36 M3 for that price in the US, imported. Terrible.

do you know anything about tuning cars?

if you want an e36 than go buy it. You clearly dont know jack shit about the cost of modifying cars.

You say this vehicle is worth 3500$ but a rusty ass piece of shit civic goes for around 2500.

The black book on this car is ~2200$ so your a fuckin moron to think this car has only gained 1300$ over the black book value for 20,000 in work like wow..

And besides bmw's that old break down and end up costing you out the ass to fix where a honda is a solid reliable car.

911fever
05-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Numi

do you know anything about tuning cars?

if you want an e36 than go buy it. You clearly dont know jack shit about the cost of modifying cars.

You say this vehicle is worth 3500$ but a rusty ass piece of shit civic goes for around 2500.

The black book on this car is ~2200$ so your a fuckin moron to think this car has only gained 1300$ over the black book value for 20,000 in work like wow..

And besides bmw's that old break down and end up costing you out the ass to fix where a honda is a solid reliable car.

hey i agree E36's are unreliable, no hate there
8k is a ridiculous price though, there's so many other cars you could get for that price. That seems insane.

BlackArcher101
05-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

hey i agree E36's are unreliable, no hate there
8k is a ridiculous price though, there's so many other cars you could get for that price. That seems insane.

You still don't get it do you? This isn't JUST a plain civic. :facepalm:

What other good cars with 100K on em, with newish components can be found for that price?

moneywhore
05-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Well I hit up my friend and offered him 9k and he said that was reasonable. He actually was looking at getting 11k for it because he also had some extra things I forgot to mention. He has a Apexi VFAC and a heads up race computer display that is pretty useful if one were to track race the thing.

Ultimately I think 9k is reasonable although I would've been really happy to buy for 7k, I guess for the amount of miles the car has and everything else taken into consideration 9k isn't so bad after all.

I'll have to see if I can scrounge up the extra funds to buy his car.

Thanks for everyone's input.

nykz
05-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Post pictures after you buy it? :)

moneywhore
05-25-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm new to beyond so I don't know how to really do anything other than post questions... :(

89s1
05-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

You still don't get it do you?

Nope, and he probably never will.