PDA

View Full Version : ibooks

That.Guy.S30
10-26-2003, 02:06 PM
how are they? can i use it for school assignments? ie. compsci webapges and shit. easy to use? thanks

Davetronz
10-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Well the only thing that might be an issue for you is learning MAC OS if you havent used it before. And interchanging file types from PC to MAC.
PM Fluidic Digital and ask him for his advice.

E36M3
10-26-2003, 04:47 PM
OS X is incredibly easy to use. If you are doing computer science at UofC, it is a great machine, cause you'll be able to develop and compile on it no problem, as well as use Microsoft Office for Word/Excel stuff.

They just released the G4 (their best family of mobile processors) iBooks, so it is a good time to get one.. or get a great deal on an older G3 model (although they are a lot slower).

Buy it with as little RAM possible, then buy as much as it will fit from a cheap computer store.

Also, they have huge discounts for students, so make sure to take advantage of that.

Originally posted by surfertech
how are they? can i use it for school assignments? ie. compsci webapges and shit. easy to use? thanks

That.Guy.S30
10-26-2003, 06:42 PM
yea i plan on gettin the new g4.. thanks..

hash
10-26-2003, 11:39 PM
if i were you, i would seriously consider the new powerbook... (the basic model.) For the extra couple of hundred, you'll get a lot more value. And if you go to apple.ca you can find the price list for your educational institution.

That.Guy.S30
10-27-2003, 12:25 AM
i have the price list for the apples from the uofc.. im just strapped for cash and need somethin to use without goin over my budget.. im goin for a g4 ibook. i heard these things are pretty crazy

D'z Nutz
10-27-2003, 01:04 AM
I'm considering getting one myself. I'm sort of torn right now between getting a Centrino laptop or a G4 iBook. The U of C's microstore has a pretty decent price on the iBooks. Futureshop is selling the G3 iBooks at a smoking good price if you can still get your hands on them (and if you will settle with an older model). About $1500 for the best one, and $1200 for the base one.

That.Guy.S30
10-27-2003, 06:48 PM
they have the 14 inch ibooks.. but the UofC is selling the new g4 12 inch ibooks for 1300 so same price.. im also tryin to decide between a centrino or an ibook.. so hard