PDA

View Full Version : Remote Car Starters

CarNewbie
05-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi,
I recently purchased my first car (a 2001 Acura 1.7 EL), and realized that it'll need a remote car starter for when winter rolls around. I'm really new to the automotive world and would love some help in finding out where to get a starter and where to get it installed, all hopefully for a decent price.
The car is an automatic, and I only need the starter to start the car.. I don't need the door lock/unlock button, or alarm, or trunk opener.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you

silvercivicsir
05-23-2009, 05:35 PM
car has a factory alarm, and an transponderkey that will need to bypassed.

Basic starter $149, transponderkey bypass with install is $80 and $30 for factory alarm. aprox $260

sabad66
05-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah that price is for a 1 way probably. I had a 1 way on my old car and now I have a 2 way alarm starter combo and I would never go back. If I were you I'd save up a bit more (winter isn't for another 6 months) and just get a 2 way. I was quoted around 500 for just the 2 way starter but just went with the alarm combo for about 650.

Also, as far as I know most places don't charge extra to make the remote work to unlock the doors. Plus you don't wanna carry around 2 remotes do you?

dj_rice
05-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Alarmtec