PDA

View Full Version : recommended car detailers in Calgary

dionysis
05-23-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm just about to buy a 2010 Corolla XRS and would like to get the "full protection package" done on it (paint, rust proofing, leather care) as well as the 3M PPF.

Can anyone recommend a good shop for this here in Calgary?
I was looking at "The Auto Protectors" - any experiences with them?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

supe
05-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Ive got detailing done at 2clean great work. Funny because when I got my car from fish creek nissan i turned down the protection package then went to 2clean where they showed me protection package invoices for nissans from fish creek.

dionysis
05-24-2009, 05:56 AM
Yeah, after doing some checking around, I found that if I took care of the protection package myself, I could save at least half of what the dealer charges for the same thing.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Originally posted by supe
Ive got detailing done at 2clean great work. Funny because when I got my car from fish creek nissan i turned down the protection package then went to 2clean where they showed me protection package invoices for nissans from fish creek.

yohan4ws
05-24-2009, 11:25 AM
How much did/do they charge?

dionysis
05-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Auto Protectors quoted me a price of $599 as opposed to the Toyota dealership's $988. And this does not include any 3M ppf work.

Originally posted by yohan4ws
How much did/do they charge?

dionysis
05-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Said they would reduce their price to $688.

Hello, I can still get it for cheaper from the outside source so why would I go with them? Of course, he starts in on how their warranty is life time and I should bring it in every 2 years to get checked over (so they can recommend another "treatment" and make even more money for themselves).

Told him thanks by see ya later. I'm going to try "The Auto Protectors" out on Manchester Road.

Team_Mclaren
05-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Try Shin Factory, many dealers just outsource it there to have their protection packages done then mark it up to profit from you.

dionysis
05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
I just talked with Darren at "The Auto Protectors" shop - nice guy and very helpful. They will do the full protection package for $599 and will give me 15% off the 3M PPF for my 2010 Corolla XRS.
They are right by the 39 St. LRT station so no problem getting to work.

I'll try phoning the Shine Factory as well to see what they offer.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
Try Shin Factory, many dealers just outsource it there to have their protection packages done then mark it up to profit from you.

smancer
06-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Hey man. I used to work at The Auto Protectors and their protection package is a lot cheaper than dealerships and they use good quality products also. I really miss working at that place really nice people.

Cheers

Sebasshole
06-16-2009, 01:00 AM
i agree i worked at auto protectors. darrens a good guy and will make sure your cars done on time and for a good price. +1

BerschtDetails
06-26-2009, 03:42 PM
wow $599 that is a lot of money.

Pollywog
06-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Yea it really took a lot of effort for us at Carters for the protection packages, haha.

danny.ta
06-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Jed @ mobile reflections...

Best guy. can come to your house too.

BerschtDetails
06-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Hahaha like an hour and a half. Now I spend 8 hours doing protection packages and only charge $200 while the dealer charged $1000 for an hour of work. what a joke

Toaster
07-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by danny.ta

These guys are the best in town.... They also do 3M as well.

runnerman
07-27-2009, 08:15 PM
BerschtDetails
.....AN HR AND 1/2!!!!!!!!

Well there is an old saying..."YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"...if someone only took an hour to do a full protection package on my truck i would have to assume they are not doing there job well or very thorough. Especially on something to protect your vehicle.....FOR LIFETIME.... I would Not be impressed:facepalm:

BerschtDetails
02-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Runnerman: Yeah when I used to work at a dealership thats how long they managment told us to take on protection packages. Trust me.. we got a lot of come backs.

KoukiS14
02-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by danny.ta

Originally posted by Toaster

These guys are the best in town.... They also do 3M as well.

Agreed