PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Roadblocks in Calgary

Pages : [1] 2

blackteg2
05-23-2009, 07:31 PM
this is probably thread 143 on this topic, but why do people insist on driving the exact same speed in lanes 1, 2, and 3. morons :banghead:

sxtasy
05-23-2009, 07:37 PM
You should come to Vancouver island (apparently the left lane is the slow lane here) Its way worse than Calgary for that

swak
05-23-2009, 07:43 PM
I think its more commonly known as the "alberta road block"

If you do it when the highways dead, or with nobody behind you, fine go right ahead..
But if theres A car, have some consideration.

Kozikman
05-23-2009, 07:51 PM
why is this considered "chinese" road blocks?

n1zm0
05-23-2009, 08:09 PM
the worst is the semi trucks doing that, why is is chinese roadblock OP, care to explain?

theken
05-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Semis are trying to pass each other but one is governed at 109 and one at 111. For the one doing 111 the 109 is super frustrating. Then you get to an incline at all in the road and they both slow down sucks but nothing you can do

Enhance
05-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Some of you are whiny PC bitches.
It's a "Chinese" road block because Asian people are notorious in western Canada for driving slow/bad. Not that you didn't already know that. Learn to laugh at yourself just like everyone else does.

Thomas Gabriel
05-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Good line lol.

sexualbanana
05-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Enhance
It's a "Chinese" road block because Asian people are notorious in western Canada for driving slow/bad. Not that you didn't already know that. Learn to laugh at yourself just like everyone else does.

First of all, I don't know a single person that has referred to that as such.
Second of all, you don't see that as being remotely inappropriate?

Denslayer
05-23-2009, 08:44 PM
time to grab a rope and lynch the OP...:thumbsup:

Enhance
05-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

First of all, I don't know a single person that has referred to that as such.
Second of all, you don't see that as being remotely inappropriate?

Very very remotely. So remotely that I'd consider the black people and fried chicken stereotype about twice as inappropriate, and I've never seen anyone take offense to that.

Aleks
05-23-2009, 08:49 PM

Very very remotely. So remotely that I'd consider the black people and fried chicken stereotype about twice as inappropriate, and I've never seen anyone take offense to that.

:rofl:

Kobe
05-23-2009, 08:54 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

blackteg2
05-23-2009, 08:54 PM
easyyy. the stereotype about asian drivers is that they are slow = chinese roadblock :D

TYMSMNY
05-23-2009, 09:07 PM
wow. I can't believe he just made two comments like that.

I'm SOOO offended. LOL.

dj_rice
05-23-2009, 09:37 PM
I always thought it was called the Mexican Road block :dunno:

Mexican-Roadblock

A Mexican-roadblock occurs on a two or more lane road where 2 (or more) cars are traveling next to eachother at the same speed (usually under the speed limit), not allowing the following traffic to pass. Most noticeable on the highway in a light traffic situation, where two cars stop the flow of traffic wishing to pass.

Chinese-Roadblock

Any amount of cars blocking the road due to violent destruction of engines, tires, or drivers. Typically used by gangsters to elude police chases.
Thug A: The cops are on our tail man!
Wheelman: No problem, just stick your Mac 10 out the window at the next intersection and we'll setup a chinese roadblock.

pictorial example: In the movie The Corruptor, escaping gang members stop police by shooting up innocents in a traffic intersection.

sabad66
05-23-2009, 09:42 PM
lol you must not get out much if you are offended when someone says chinese (asian) people suck at driving.

TYMSMNY
05-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I always thought it was called the Mexican Road block :dunno:

Mexican-Roadblock

A Mexican-roadblock occurs on a two or more lane road where 2 (or more) cars are traveling next to eachother at the same speed (usually under the speed limit), not allowing the following traffic to pass. Most noticeable on the highway in a light traffic situation, where two cars stop the flow of traffic wishing to pass.

Chinese-Roadblock

Any amount of cars blocking the road due to violent destruction of engines, tires, or drivers. Typically used by gangsters to elude police chases.
Thug A: The cops are on our tail man!
Wheelman: No problem, just stick your Mac 10 out the window at the next intersection and we'll setup a chinese roadblock.

pictorial example: In the movie The Corruptor, escaping gang members stop police by shooting up innocents in a traffic intersection.

HAHAHA, that's funny.

I don't think chinese people usually drive side by side to block people. I do know that older chinese people are more passive drivers vs. younger being assertive.

5000Audi
05-23-2009, 10:11 PM
think calgary is bad... Richmond BC... WOW... just WOW...

sexualbanana
05-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
lol you must not get out much if you are offended when someone says chinese (asian) people suck at driving.

I'm not offended by the actual name. I just find it funny that enhanced doesn't find the name to be remotely inappropriate, and it was more of a response to his "whiny PC bitches" comment.

Canucks3322
05-23-2009, 11:46 PM
I find this comment interesting...I grew up in Richmond/Vancouver and although the Asians are usually bad drivers, they are never slow, they just do stupid things...it's when I came to Calgary that I encountered these so called roadblock drivers and they almost ALWAYS had a Saskatchewan plate....everytime I've had to come to a complete stop before merging onto a freeway was behind some jackass, inbred, Saskatchewan driver. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Apparently, they don't have freeways in SK so these hicks expect to actually come to a complete stop and wait for someone to let them in at 90km/hr. Another one is for some reason SK drivers, when waiting at a red light to turn right into 2 lanes of traffic, they will either wait until the light goes green or if the opposing lane has a turn light, they will wait for all the cars to go through instead of fucking turning into their own fucking lane and letting the opposing drivers continue to turn into their own lane, it's as if they think it's illegal to turn on a red light. Oh and here's another one, I had a SK driver HONK at me because they flicked on their turn signal and I sped up so they could do their lane change, it's as if they fucking expect you to slow down and let them in first, wtf?:dunno:

PS...you will almost never see a Chinese driver do what the OP is talking about as they have the left lane for passing only rule in Hong Kong...in my experience, it has always been a white person most likely from a small town.

kenny
05-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Another one is for some reason SK drivers, when waiting at a red light to turn right into 2 lanes of traffic, they will either wait until the light goes green or if the opposing lane has a turn light, they will wait for all the cars to go through instead of fucking turning into their own fucking lane and letting the opposing drivers continue to turn into their own lane

I wait sometimes before turning even though I may have a lane I can turn into. You can't assume everyone turning will go into the proper lane. In fact, more often than not people swing wide and go into the right lane (middle if theres 3 lanes).

If you just blindly proceed, you could get hit by someone that decides to go into your lane on a turn.

Canucks3322
05-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Well obviously, when I do the turn I'm watching to see if the other car coming is looking like he's gonna be a dick and turn into my lane or cut over.....but these people will literally just sit there and wait until the light turns green for them.

black13
05-24-2009, 12:19 AM
As innappropriate as it sounds the name is pretty accurate.
Notice this way too often.

alloroc
05-24-2009, 12:25 AM
What I find weird is the older Asian people speed nearly double what is appropriate through a parking lot and pass you. Then they get on the main street and drive 10 under the limit.

cancer man
05-24-2009, 12:48 AM
To be politically correct it should be called the pacific rim road block.

revelations
05-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
think calgary is bad... Richmond BC... WOW... just WOW...

People have NO IDEA how bad it is..... unti they come to Richmond.

Old FOB drivers behind the wheel of a grey Mercedes SUV - just downright scary.

The mindset for other drivers is to treat them like drunk drivers, as they could make a right-hand turn from the left lane - or vice versa - or at any given moment brake for the lastest sale at Aberdeen mall.

van
05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
lol, I think I find equally older people of every race performing these so-called road blocks. My all time favorites are people in pick-up trucks going 20 under the limit blocking both lanes of high way 1. This usually occurs in the summer time though as in the winter time both said trucks usually drive 20 over the limit while it is slippery and icy conditions.

revelations
05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
BkcybEL6tYIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkcybEL6tYI

SJW
05-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Why do people find it inappropriate to label the chinese as shitty drivers? The point is.....they are. Period.

How many chinese race car drivers do you see in the world?

Jlude
05-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by kenny

I wait sometimes before turning even though I may have a lane I can turn into. You can't assume everyone turning will go into the proper lane. In fact, more often than not people swing wide and go into the right lane (middle if theres 3 lanes).

If you just blindly proceed, you could get hit by someone that decides to go into your lane on a turn.

Bang on... I always see people turning left but enter the far right lane after they complete their turn. If you just assume that they're going to do what they're supposed to, well then you're asking for an accident.

The_Rural_Juror
05-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Don't get me started on the Jewish-Mexican roadblocks. Those are the worst.

Xtrema
05-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Why do people find it inappropriate to label the chinese as shitty drivers? The point is.....they are. Period.

Japanese counts? We all look alike? :rofl:

The facts are:

- The exam system passes everyone

- A lot of Chinese examiners won't fail you more than once. Especially when you "tip".

- Asian punks drive like asshats thinking they are playing Initial D

- Asian women, old folks don't know their surrounding when they drive. All they do is look forward.

There are a lot of good Asian drivers but I think they are in the minority because you never notice them like other good drivers.

BTW, I almost got T boned by a Mexican. I got the right of way and she got the yield but didn't stop til last sec. Then I look over, she either has one glass eye or cross eye (example: http://foundationcenter.org/grantmaker/jameshall/images/halleye2.jpg), her eyes are just fucked up. Her passenger was scared shitless. How the fuck are these people on the road?

Aleks
05-24-2009, 05:09 PM
I find this comment interesting...I grew up in Richmond/Vancouver and although the Asians are usually bad drivers, they are never slow, they just do stupid things...it's when I came to Calgary that I encountered these so called roadblock drivers and they almost ALWAYS had a Saskatchewan plate....everytime I've had to come to a complete stop before merging onto a freeway was behind some jackass, inbred, Saskatchewan driver. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Apparently, they don't have freeways in SK so these hicks expect to actually come to a complete stop and wait for someone to let them in at 90km/hr. Another one is for some reason SK drivers, when waiting at a red light to turn right into 2 lanes of traffic, they will either wait until the light goes green or if the opposing lane has a turn light, they will wait for all the cars to go through instead of fucking turning into their own fucking lane and letting the opposing drivers continue to turn into their own lane, it's as if they think it's illegal to turn on a red light. Oh and here's another one, I had a SK driver HONK at me because they flicked on their turn signal and I sped up so they could do their lane change, it's as if they fucking expect you to slow down and let them in first, wtf?:dunno:

PS...you will almost never see a Chinese driver do what the OP is talking about as they have the left lane for passing only rule in Hong Kong...in my experience, it has always been a white person most likely from a small town.

Originally posted by SJW

It's almost as if some people take it too personally. Every time asians are made fun of he brings out the hicks comments

:nut:

blackteg2
05-24-2009, 05:20 PM

okay buddy

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/517/loljy5.gif

fluid
05-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by revelations
BkcybEL6tYIBkcybEL6tYI

:rofl:

Canucks3322
05-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Okay, I know I wrote a lot...but my point basically was just that Saskatchewan drivers, and other "white" drivers from small towns are just as bad as the TYPICAL Chinese driver.

Just be glad the only places you'll see these typical Chinese drivers is in the Northeast and maybe the NW near the border.....

Richmond is another story, as yes, it's indeed true that you will get a lot of rich Asian people there who literally paid off the testers to get their licenses.

While I do think it's unfair to label all Chinese as bad drivers, like one comedian I've seen say, hey, I'd rather have the bad driver and small dick stereotype than the stereotypes other races have to deal with...at least Chinese are also known to be smart and rich and make good food. :dunno:

TorqueDog
05-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Just be glad the only places you'll see these typical Chinese drivers is in the Northeast and maybe the NW near the border....That is a "liar-liar-pants-on-fire" statement, right there.

88coupe
05-24-2009, 06:45 PM
k, i'm confused about this different lane/speed thing. I know on the highway, left lane is for passing. Is there a rule about that for city driving too?

wardpr68
05-24-2009, 06:47 PM
chinese drivers :thumbsup:

:whipped:

SJW
05-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Every race has their shitty drivers.

The_Rural_Juror
05-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Every race has their shitty drivers.

Except for the Finns according to Top Gear.

SJW
05-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Bahahaha.

TYMSMNY
05-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by 88coupe
k, i'm confused about this different lane/speed thing. I know on the highway, left lane is for passing. Is there a rule about that for city driving too?

88coupe and 89coupe the same person? lol.

slower traffic is always to the right if possible.

rage2
05-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by SJW

While I agree with the 1st point, the 2nd point is due to the fact that Chinese race car drivers aren't marketable, there's just no chinese sponsors in the big racing series. Thats why there's no top chinese race car drivers.

There are a lot of chinese guys that can drive and race awesome only to get stuck at the top of the amateur level.

TDA
05-25-2009, 08:37 AM
First thing I thought was, having been to china was: what? no way, they would have been speeding and weaving like hell like its the autobahn trying to get ahead of each other....!

Kloubek
05-25-2009, 08:46 AM
There is so much gold in this thread, I can't even count the amount of times I lol'd. "Pacific Rim?" Gold Jerry... GOLD!

Seriously though, this is indeed very annoying, and for the most part entirely true. When this happens to me, 80% of the time it really is an asian driver. Other culprits are people from out of town, females, and old people. But they don't make up enough percentage to blame them. :)

For those getting pissed about the terminology, it should be said that this generally pertains to asians who immigrated here. Those born and raised here are generally ok drivers from what I've seen.

Mar
05-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Completely agree. My girlfriend moved here from China 6 years ago and I'm afraid to get in the car with her. Multiple times she has come to my place and asked me to go outside and look at the other car behind hers because she backed into it by mistake. Yesterday I freaked out at her because she pushed my car door open to get out without even looking to see if a car was coming. And once when I honked at someone for driving too slow in the left lane, she told me she wouldn't move for someone either. If she's doing 110, then she's already over the limit so nobody can go faster than her right? She should not have a license.

msommers
05-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Yesterday I was coming home from soccer and at the light, I noticed an Asian grandmother on a cellphone coming up behind me. I feared for my life.

n1zm0
05-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
For those getting pissed about the terminology, it should be said that this generally pertains to asians who immigrated here. Those born and raised here are generally ok drivers from what I've seen.

Truth through and through, what do you expect from people who usually took public transit everywhere (namely in HK) for their entire lives to come over here and sit in a camry/crv and drive right away, it's a no brainer that it'll happen.

But to counter that, how about all the born/raised homegrown caucasians that have been driving for 20+ years in Canada with horrible/dangerous driving habits, the ones who slow down to a gdamned crawl after slamming on their brakes on southbound Deerfoot to watch a small fender bender on northbound deerfoot (why, have you not seen an accident before?) and here i thought the accident was legitimately in our lane, but no i'm late for work cause 2 cars pulled over on the complete opposite freeway is enough to end the world (yeah try and notice it for yourself next time), then the retard reversing into oncoming deerfoot traffic in the hazard lane who missed their ramp turn off and are too lazy to drive to next cloverleaf ramp, how fken dangerous is that? what about the guy who cuts across 3 lanes of deerfoot to make the bow bottom turn off at 140km/h and throw up gravel in the lane divider because of poor route planning or distractions?

IMO for all motor vehicle operators here (and the whole N.A for that matter), it stems primarily from the fact that getting your license and learning how to drive in this country is waaaaay too lax (compared to strict countries like Germany, UK, Sweden etc), most ppl are very poorly educated from the beginning regarding the operation of motor vehicles for function and control, half the population does not know how to change a dummy tire by themselves, many can't parrallel park worth shit who end up giving up then parking half assed anyways and driving etiquette is irrelevant since day one (and if you notice it's gradually dying in Calgary as well, people rarely wave tnx anymore).

Trini
05-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Except for the Finns according to Top Gear.

:werd:
that short clip on the training one has to do before getting a license says alot.

Originally posted by n1zm0

(and if you notice it's gradually dying in Calgary as well, people rarely wave tnx anymore).

most people still wave from what I've experienced.

sh0ko
05-25-2009, 10:18 AM
this thread is hilarious

im asian and cant agree more

when my mom drives and i hafta get in....i usually buckle up .. grip on the handles... and sweat for my life

but i wouldnt say its asians compltely

id hafta say for me 70% of the time if its not an asian.. its a friken bitch

...big boobied blonde bimbos in big trucks....chicks with those stupid bug eye sunglasses in their lil chevy cobalts or pontiac sunfires...they just dont seem to get it
ESPECIALLY free lane signs... since when the fuck were those yield signs

Kloubek
05-25-2009, 10:18 AM
But to counter that, how about all the born/raised homegrown caucasians that have been driving for 20+ years in Canada with horrible/dangerous driving habits,

I don't disagree in the slightest. Most young people are not that great at driving; of ANY race. Good driving comes with experience, and as a white male I'll be the first to admit I was pretty bad when I started out too.

If I'm being tailgated, there is a good chance it is a white person driving. If someone is weaving in and out of traffic and driving like a madman, there is a good chance it is a white male. Typically, us white guys know how to drive ok... but we decide that because of that it gives us a license to drive like an asshole. My roommate tailgates REALLY badly on a regular basis. How he has managed not to get in an accident because of it I really don't know...

I've explained my thoughts on race & age to my girlfriend. At first, she thought I was just being a bigot. But after a few examples, she started to realize I actually knew what I'm talking about. Now, she points at certain cars and says "That person is driving like crap. Must be an Asian AND a female". lol. She's Flip btw - so it's pretty funny coming from her.

Originally posted by sh0ko
id hafta say 70% of the time its not an asian.. its a friken bitch

...or an Asian bitch? :)

Really, as far as women drivers are concerned, I think it probably close to evens itself all out in the end. While they tend not to be as good of an actual driver, they do tend to take it easy on the car and not drive particularly aggressively. (Tailgaiting, speeding, making abrupt maneuvers, etc)

nusneak
05-25-2009, 10:25 AM
#1 morons: everyone that thinks they are a race car driver in their race car. Even if it is a stock $9,000 brand new front wheel drive. So they speed to get in front, then slow down to not get a ticket. And speed up to not let anyone in front because they are #1 and a complete moron.

#2 is the retard that does not want you to go in front, because he is doing the speed limit and wants to decide for you the speed to travel.

#3. V_______ Plates... EVERY TIME someone has done something retarded on the road around me, it has been a veteran. Yeah, yeah... Thanks for whatever the fuck you did I really am grateful, now if you can't; see, hear, move your arms in a consistent manner... Maybe you should give up the keys, if you have to drive by idling... Give up the fucking keys and get a ride from someone!!!!!!

#4 and last, is the old, clueless, or stupid people: they do not even know they are blocking 100 cars behind them while going 95km/hr in the fast lane.

The shoulder makes for a perfect place for passing any of the above morons and should be used at your discretion :clap:

I have never (that I can remember, lol) pulled a Mexican roadblock just for fun.
However cutting off, or going in front and slamming on the brakes, or taking trips out of my way while running Mexican roadblocks on drivers #1, or #2 is fucking fun!

With that said, I feel like I am in the fucking Truman show driving Northbound on the #2 from Calgary past Airdrie.
Every goof on the road drives so close to the next guy, the whole road is like grid lock traffic moving along AT or UNDER the speed limit with no chance of passing on the road, not even any room to change lanes..

Then going Southbound on the #2 usually is retarded, no matter how fast you go, idiots will still fly past you, in every lane, then you still have all the above drivers to navigate around.

I would like to see increased testing for vision, and driving licenses, and mandatory retesting of vision and a road test every 6 or 12 months for people once they reach a certain age.

-Sorry, but if you are so old your main goals in life are to not have a heart attack while taking a shit, and to get some groceries the minute the store opens, you should not be driving.

sh0ko
05-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

...or an Asian bitch? :)

Really, as far as women drivers are concerned, I think it probably close to evens itself all out in the end. While they tend not to be as good of an actual driver, they do tend to take it easy on the car and not drive particularly aggressively. (Tailgaiting, speeding, making abrupt maneuvers, etc)

haha spot on buddy... yea asian women...i actually saw one tailing and swerving in and out of lanes yesterday on crowchild doing at LEAST 120... i was beyond scared when i saw her coming up from behind me... i actually moved far right onto the shoulder to avoid her.. she was INSANE... older too

Skyline_Addict
05-25-2009, 10:40 AM

IMO for all motor vehicle operators here (and the whole N.A for that matter), it stems primarily from the fact that getting your license and learning how to drive in this country is waaaaay too lax (compared to strict countries like Germany, UK, Sweden etc), most ppl are very poorly educated from the beginning regarding the operation of motor vehicles for function and control, half the population does not know how to change a dummy tire by themselves, many can't parrallel park worth shit who end up giving up then parking half assed anyways and driving etiquette is irrelevant since day one (and if you notice it's gradually dying in Calgary as well, people rarely wave tnx anymore).

Werd. The root of the problem is the driver education system. "What driver education system?", you ask? Exactly.
You hit it right on the head in terms of how technically unrefined drivers in North America are. Whether you were born and raised here or immigrated from another country - if this is the first place you got your license/started to drive... you could probably compare a "graduate" of our driving programs here as a highschool drop out compared to someone in europe who is relatively a PhD in the field.

But at the very end of the day... not everyone has equal motor skills or vehicle performance/capabilities. However, with the proper education...every driver should respect driving ETHICS and ettiquette...something that anyone has control over. Many people here think driving 80 on Deerfoot makes them the beacon of all that is safe-driving. Many people switch into a merging lane while other cars are trying to merge, to get a whopping 2 cars ahead. I can't even count the number of people who double park these days. Do people really just not give a flying fuck about making the world a slightly better place for those they share it with by parking between two yellow lines? None of these would normally warrant a fine or even a slap on the wrist.... and that's good enough for most people to not lose any sleep over. People do this shit because they can get away with it...when doing the right thing takes just as little or less effort. Even worse than that - most people who do stupid shit like that don't even think they're wrong in the first place!

Like the absense of a wave to say "thanks for letting me in", we really lack the social harmony seen in other places in the world. That's why places in Europe and Asia have places with no speed limit. Because at the end of the day, rules are rules, laws are laws, and speed limits are speed limits...but what you really need is respect. The autobahn and wangan is a testament that social harmony can exist...and that north america generally does not display itself as one of the places that it can.

freshvibes
05-25-2009, 10:45 AM

Yep. I'm not surprised to hear this. Sask has some of the worst drivers I've ever seen. I have deal with this shit everyday. Traffic is like a ghost town here compared to other cities and a lot of them still can't even get it right.

Mar
05-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I refuse to wave based on principle. It doesn't serve any logical purpose unless both parties understand the physical communication factor. If their window is down, I'll thank them verbally, otherwise I'm concentratnig more on what else is happening around me.

atgilchrist
05-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by sxtasy
You should come to Vancouver island (apparently the left lane is the slow lane here) Its way worse than Calgary for that

They're called PBH's! (Parksville Blue Hairs)

D'z Nutz
05-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Haha this is hilarious! I've never heard that term. So does that mean "Chinese Parking Stall" is what everyone else calls parallel parking? :rofl:

superflychief
05-25-2009, 11:19 AM
There are 3 types of bad drivers out there.

1. Women
2. Asians
3. Old people

If you see an old asian woman driving you best pull over.

:thumbsup:

And yes I fully agree with the OP that it's definitely the chinese roadblock. If you're used to driving a rickshaw back home, maybe it's best not to drive a full size automobile when you come here. (puts on flames suit)

sh0ko
05-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by superflychief

1. Women
2. Asians
3. Old people

If you see an old asian woman driving you best pull over.

:thumbsup:

And yes I fully agree with the OP that it's definitely the chinese roadblock. If you're used to driving a rickshaw back home, maybe it's best not to drive a full size automobile when you come here. (puts on flames suit)

bahhahahaha

hilarious but at the same time u obviously havent been to asia

masoncgy
05-25-2009, 11:30 AM

1. Women
2. Asians
3. Old people

This and add new immigrants from Africa to the list.

I have a total prejudice against these 5 vehicles in particular: Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, Toyota Camry because the idiots behind the wheel always seem to be clueless Asian morons who don't know how to drive, at all! Whenever one of these 5 come around me, I cringe and I do whatever I can to stay clear of them, even though you usually get cut off anyway. lol

Women are bad drivers too... don't get me wrong... my hate-on isn't just for the bad asian drivers... women are notoriously bad as well. Always yappin' on the cell phone, driving slow, wandering... etc.

I fully support mandatory re-testing for all drivers at age 65.

Whoever made the comment about the NE being bad for Asian drivers... take a spin from Chinatown up Centre Street all the way to the edge of the city... they're everywhere the whole way up.

For fun, go grab a coffee at the Harvest Hills Tim Hortons outlet... haha... make sure you're well medicated/stoned first!

Skyline_Addict
05-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Mar
I refuse to wave based on principle. It doesn't serve any logical purpose unless both parties understand the physical communication factor. If their window is down, I'll thank them verbally, otherwise I'm concentratnig more on what else is happening around me.

I am pretty sure most people understand a wave as a gesture of gratitude as they would understand the middle finger being a gesture of something slightly different ;). It's not like you have you look at them while you do it (especially when they're behind you). It takes 2 seconds to do. You make it sound like driving with 1 hand on the wheel for 2 seconds takes away from your "concentration".

superflychief
05-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I definitely agree that there are sh1tty drivers of all races here. The problem is our testing system. Any moron can get their licence. You get failed if you can't master a parallel park but more often then not, an instructor will never see if you can merge or not. How often to we really actually parallel park? If you screw up parking you ding a bumper. If you screw up a merge you kill somebody. Half of this city doesn't know how to merge. It's incredible to watch. Long merge lanes and people stop at the start regardless of traffic flow. Or the idiots who are going 50 in the merge lane for a road that has 80 as the speed limit and expect to be let in. Everybody makes mistakes here and there but when you dont understand the principles of safe driving you shouldn't have a license. I'm also a firm believer in retesting for all age brackets. You think the kid who got his license at 16 hasn't picked up any bad habbits by the time he's 26? The older you get the more often you have to get retested for your license in my opinion. Especially if you're 100 yrs old and can't see past the front of your car, is it really necessary to be driving the huge cadillac or motor home? (do old people in those enormous motor homes scare anybody else as much as they scare me?) This city is full of sh1tty drivers of all races. And to the person who thinks that waving is still normal in this city....dream on. I let people in on a regular basis and never get waved at anymore. CALGARY DRIVERS SUCK!!

end rant :D

psycoticclown
05-25-2009, 12:22 PM
I let people in on a regular basis and never get waved at anymore. CALGARY DRIVERS SUCK!!

:werd: Me too. I always wave when people let me in, but the waves I get back are maybe 1 out of every 15 people I let in.

superflychief
05-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Even better when it's totally obvious you slowed down to let ther person in and they dont even acknowledge you. Makes you want to stop letting anybody in.

blackteg2
05-25-2009, 12:38 PM
I definitely agree that there are sh1tty drivers of all races here. The problem is our testing system. Any moron can get their licence. You get failed if you can't master a parallel park but more often then not, an instructor will never see if you can merge or not. How often to we really actually parallel park? If you screw up parking you ding a bumper. If you screw up a merge you kill somebody. Half of this city doesn't know how to merge. It's incredible to watch. Long merge lanes and people stop at the start regardless of traffic flow. Or the idiots who are going 50 in the merge lane for a road that has 80 as the speed limit and expect to be let in. Everybody makes mistakes here and there but when you dont understand the principles of safe driving you shouldn't have a license. I'm also a firm believer in retesting for all age brackets. You think the kid who got his license at 16 hasn't picked up any bad habbits by the time he's 26? The older you get the more often you have to get retested for your license in my opinion. Especially if you're 100 yrs old and can't see past the front of your car, is it really necessary to be driving the huge cadillac or motor home? (do old people in those enormous motor homes scare anybody else as much as they scare me?) This city is full of sh1tty drivers of all races. And to the person who thinks that waving is still normal in this city....dream on. I let people in on a regular basis and never get waved at anymore. CALGARY DRIVERS SUCK!!

end rant :D

I never let pickups in. ever :rofl:

Mar
05-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by blackteg2

I never let pickups in. ever :rofl:
Here, here. If I see a big truck trying to get in, I'll usually do whatever I can to avoid having them get in in front of me. It's dangerous not being able to see around them.

you&me
05-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Even better when it's totally obvious you slowed down to let ther person in and they dont even acknowledge you. Makes you want to stop letting anybody in.

And that's why you have to be a good ambassador of decent driving and continue to wave.

At least, that's what I try to do... agreed that it's very aggravating to not have the lane changer acknowledge your accommodation.

(Personal pet-peeve - the the apparently urgent lane change that you slow down to accommodate, only to have that driver continue on... and not wave!)

nobb
05-25-2009, 03:38 PM
You dont have to wave, but I think it's kind of rude not to. However, I never wave since I have limo tint in the back, so there is no point. Usually I just flash my flashers once to acknowledge being let in. Not sure if people actually take that as a thank you though. :dunno:

3g4u
05-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by nobb
You dont have to wave, but I think it's kind of rude not to. However, I never wave since I have limo tint in the back, so there is no point. Usually I just flash my flashers once to acknowledge being let in. Not sure if people actually take that as a thank you though. :dunno:

I do the same thing.

Tomaz
05-25-2009, 04:42 PM
I think anything as an acknowledgement is appropriate. I enjoy having less stress on my daily commute and will thank anyone for making my journey that much more enjoyable.

Canucks3322
05-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy

Whoever made the comment about the NE being bad for Asian drivers... take a spin from Chinatown up Centre Street all the way to the edge of the city... they're everywhere the whole way up.

For fun, go grab a coffee at the Harvest Hills Tim Hortons outlet... haha... make sure you're well medicated/stoned first!

Uhhh, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is all part of the NE as well. :dunno: I live downtown and only really travel southward.....white people everywhere lol.

stevieo
05-25-2009, 05:47 PM
people who don't wave/give appreciation when I let them in into a backed up lane already pisses me off. I mean when someone is considerate enough to let me in, i give em a wave to say thanks. its not that hard to say thank you. such a pet peeve of mine.

oh and I hate those mother fuckers who drive in the lanes that are about to cut off because of construction or what not and then they signal and just poke their front end into the lanes of people waiting forever haha

Kloubek
05-25-2009, 05:56 PM
I wave my arm in a large sweeping motion. It can be hard to see through my tint sometimes so I want to make sure they catch the motion.

I actually never had someone put on their hazards to symbolize thanks until a couple of days ago.

On the other hand, yesterday going West on 16th one of the lanes ended for construction, and a guy in a BMW (go figure) pushed his way in and didn't wave. I invisioned stepping on it and destroying his back end. I wish daydreams could last longer so I could relish that though for a few minutes.

badatusrnames
05-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by nusneak
#3. V_______ Plates... EVERY TIME someone has done something retarded on the road around me, it has been a veteran. Yeah, yeah... Thanks for whatever the fuck you did I really am grateful, now if you can't; see, hear, move your arms in a consistent manner... Maybe you should give up the keys, if you have to drive by idling... Give up the fucking keys and get a ride from someone!!!!!!

Not everyone with a veterans plate is old and senile.

jenzan
05-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
chinese drivers :thumbsup:

:whipped:

What was that sir? Don't make me come over there...

wardpr68
05-25-2009, 08:50 PM
you are as white washed as they come bro.... you clearly do not count.

luv2ride_bikes
05-26-2009, 07:14 AM
I find it funny how people are critizing woman drivers here. I myself see bad woman drivers out there, but the worst drivers I notice are the young punks driving like assholes. They tailgate, weave in and out of traffic, cut you off so they can get ahead of you. Then throw a cell phone into this, and they get all stupid. Can't drive a staight line. They either drive too fast or are going slower than the Asian drivers people are complaining about on here.

So here is my list.
1. Men (Age or skin color doesn't matter)
2. Asian Women
3. Women

Tomaz
05-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by luv2ride_bikes
I find it funny how people are critizing woman drivers here. I myself see bad woman drivers out there, but the worst drivers I notice are the young punks driving like assholes. They tailgate, weave in and out of traffic, cut you off so they can get ahead of you. Then throw a cell phone into this, and they get all stupid. Can't drive a staight line. They either drive too fast or are going slower than the Asian drivers people are complaining about on here.

So here is my list.
1. Men (Age or skin color doesn't matter)
2. Asian Women
3. Women

I would agree on this list in context. If you were able to take peer pressure, and movie/television influence out of the list, then the list changes to something more like:

1. Old Asian Women
2. Women
3. Small town folk

Then you have to determine if the person who knows nothing about driving is safer than the person who knows everything but CHOSES to not obey. Tough call.

8Ball
05-26-2009, 09:09 AM
:burnout: :burnout:

wardpr68
05-26-2009, 09:17 AM
The reason people say chinese drivers are the worst is because there is so damn many of them. Sure teen punks are terrible.... but there is wayyyyy less of them, at least in the NW.

01RedDX
05-26-2009, 09:49 AM

luv2ride_bikes
05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz

I would agree on this list in context. If you were able to take peer pressure, and movie/television influence out of the list, then the list changes to something more like:

1. Old Asian Women
2. Women
3. Small town folk

Then you have to determine if the person who knows nothing about driving is safer than the person who knows everything but CHOSES to not obey. Tough call.
Oh, I forgot about the small town folks, or farmers. They are pretty bad too. Most of them are just too damn slow. :)

legendboy
05-26-2009, 10:02 AM
i swear the worst road blockers have jesus fish emblems on the back of their car

n1zm0
05-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
"Whatever the fuck they did" was a lot more important than whatever the fuck you were doing.

+1, my grandparents from either side were never involved in any wars but i still have respect for all veterans.

Tarrantula
05-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
i swear the worst road blockers have jesus fish emblems on the back of their car

"I Brake for Jesus" :werd:

TorqueDog
05-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
"I Brake for Jesus" :werd: I'd just run his ass over.

If Jesus can walk on water, get his ass nailed to a cross, and get out of a sealed cave, he clearly doesn't need me to slow down when he's trying to cross Deerfoot.

vengie
05-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
I'd just run his ass over.

If Jesus can walk on water, get his ass nailed to a cross, and get out of a sealed cave, he clearly doesn't need me to slow down when he's trying to cross Deerfoot.

you sir are going to hell! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that was too funny

Canucks3322
05-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
people who don't wave/give appreciation when I let them in into a backed up lane already pisses me off. I mean when someone is considerate enough to let me in, i give em a wave to say thanks. its not that hard to say thank you. such a pet peeve of mine.

oh and I hate those mother fuckers who drive in the lanes that are about to cut off because of construction or what not and then they signal and just poke their front end into the lanes of people waiting forever haha

This is a phenomenon I only encountered when I moved to Calgary....when the fuck are you supposed to get in to the lane then, the correct way has always been to go till you can't go no further and then cut in one by one no?! Meaning you drive to end if you were already in that lane, then one car cuts in, one car in the proceeding lane goes, then one car in the cutting lane cuts in...that's how it works, why do you need this wave to say thanks bullshit, those are the rules and that's how you do it. :dunno: I always see these idiots who want to cut into the proceeding lane halfway through and hold up traffic for cars who want to go all the way down to get onto an overpass or exit...wtf??

The problem with Calgary is that the number of cars has grown to big city levels but the drivers, including the native Calgarians, don't have a clue of how to drive in it. The only ones that know what they're doing really are people from bigger cities.

Mar
05-26-2009, 04:39 PM

This is a phenomenon I only encountered when I moved to Calgary....when the fuck are you supposed to get in to the lane then, the correct way has always been to go till you can't go no further and then cut in one by one no?! Meaning you drive to end if you were already in that lane, then one car cuts in, one car in the proceeding lane goes, then one car in the cutting lane cuts in...that's how it works, why do you need this wave to say thanks bullshit, those are the rules and that's how you do it. :dunno: I always see these idiots who want to cut into the proceeding lane halfway through and hold up traffic for cars who want to go all the way down to get onto an overpass or exit...wtf??
Wrong. Once you see any sign letting you know your lane will end, you try and merge to the other lane right away. Of course if that lane is backed up and bumper to bumper, then you don't stop dead in your (currently) open lane to try and merge over, you keep going until you either find a break or reach the end of your lane. But even just yesterday I was driving on Country Hill Boulevard and there was a sign on both sides of the road saying the left lane would end and there was lots of space in the right lane. Nobody did anything, the left lane cars just kept on going, ignoring the sign until finally they had to brake and come to a complete stop because traffic in the right lane was now traveling too fast for them to cut in.

you&me
05-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Basically, if one driver adjusts their speed to accommodate another, I think a waive from the one who caused the adjustment is in order... it's just courtesy.

Canucks3322
05-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Wrong. Once you see any sign letting you know your lane will end, you try and merge to the other lane right away. Of course if that lane is backed up and bumper to bumper, then you don't stop dead in your (currently) open lane to try and merge over, you keep going until you either find a break or reach the end of your lane. But even just yesterday I was driving on Country Hill Boulevard and there was a sign on both sides of the road saying the left lane would end and there was lots of space in the right lane. Nobody did anything, the left lane cars just kept on going, ignoring the sign until finally they had to brake and come to a complete stop because traffic in the right lane was now traveling too fast for them to cut in.

That is so odd. So basically you cut in randomly then? That is ridiculous. Wouldn't it make more sense to cut in by alternating at the end? Your way may have worked back in the olden days when there were less cars and people had the time to let in other cars randomly down the line...?!

dragonone
05-26-2009, 09:29 PM
so what if all these 'chinese' road blocks dissapeared? u don't have the balls to drive over the speed limit in Calgary do u?

funny, i'm in asianville and i just pass all the 'asian' roadblocks as fast as i want

Xtrema
05-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy

I have a total prejudice against these 5 vehicles in particular: Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, Toyota Camry because the idiots behind the wheel always seem to be clueless Asian morons who don't know how to drive, at all! Whenever one of these 5 come around me, I cringe and I do whatever I can to stay clear of them, even though you usually get cut off anyway. lol

We should stop letting class 5 to drive all cars. class 5 should only entitle you with cars 5' or lower.

luv2ride_bikes
05-27-2009, 07:14 AM

The problem with Calgary is that the number of cars has grown to big city levels but the drivers, including the native Calgarians, don't have a clue of how to drive in it. The only ones that know what they're doing really are people from bigger cities.
I will speed up and block drivers like you from getting in, if you pulled that crap in front of me.

luv2ride_bikes
05-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

We should stop letting class 5 to drive all cars. class 5 should only entitle you with cars 5' or lower.
That is a stupid comment. lol

Tarrantula
05-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by luv2ride_bikes

I will speed up and block drivers like you from getting in, if you pulled that crap in front of me.

Yeah fuck that. If im in the lane and some Civic boots it down the ending right lane (example from 17th to northbound deerfoot) then I cockblock them on the outside. Everyone else can merge in before the lane ends. Why not you?

luv2ride_bikes
05-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

Yeah fuck that. If im in the lane and some Civic boots it down the ending right lane (example from 17th to northbound deerfoot) then I cockblock them on the outside. Everyone else can merge in before the lane ends. Why not you?
Was that directed at me? Because I was basically saying the same thing as you. I block the cars that try to boot up to the front of the ending lane to get in front