PDA

View Full Version : Strut bolts just spin

cjay^
05-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey I am trying to install my lowering springs on my teggy, and the lower strut bolts on the rear LCA's have been screwed out about an inch, but now they just spin and never actually come out. The strut isnt loose in the slightest. Any suggestions?

sr20s14zenki
05-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Jack up the lca a bit, i bet there is pressure on the strut still. Also, you can try using a drift to drive out the remainder of the bolt that is still sticking in there.

im guessing there is still tension and that is why it wont come apart.

cjay^
05-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Thats what i thought the problem was too, because the bolt came out crooked. I jacked the LCA up and now the bolt wont go in or out, and is still crooked. :dunno:

Mr_ET
05-23-2009, 11:34 PM
looks like the bolt is out of the nut but still in the bushing part, try to put a 17 mm wrench to the back side of it and pry it out while you turn the bolt with an impact gun it should slide out.

88jbody
05-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
looks like the bolt is out of the nut but still in the bushing part, try to put a 17 mm wrench to the back side of it and pry it out while you turn the bolt with an impact gun it should slide out.

this is what I usually do is use something to pry it out wile you spin it with the air gun, otherwise use the punch idea. you may have to jack and lower the control arm untill you get it where there is not too much up or down preasure against it

white
05-24-2009, 10:32 AM
put a smaller diameter bolt on the other side and take hammer and swing and hit the bolt out. I had to do this yesterday