PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend might be pregnant...uh oh

The BMW Guy
05-24-2009, 01:56 PM
So my girlfriend and I just had unprotected sex this weekend. It was great but now I'm worried she might be pregnant and its making me very anxious.
I pulled out before I came and I was thinking that would be enough, but I've been reading online and most people say its not an effective form of birth control.

I'm really worried now, we're both under 18 (17 & 16) and both "were" virgins at the time so very unexperienced in sex.
I'm just wondering where I can get a "morning after" pill since I'm under legal age?

I've read they have them over the counter now but other articles say I need a prescription.

Anyone know of any stores in Calgary that have these over the counter or on the shelf?

Please help, I'm very very worried. We won't be able to take care of a child this young and in this current economy.

soupey
05-24-2009, 01:58 PM
sell ur bimmer.

kidding aside, just be patient, she'll likely have her period in no time. after that, invest in a pack of condoms.

The BMW Guy
05-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by soupey
sell ur bimmer.

kidding aside, just be patient, she'll likely have her period in no time. after that, invest in a pack of condoms.

But my bimmer is like a baby too! :drool:

Hopefully she does, but what if she doesn't?
Morning after pill is effective within a small window of time after intercourse is it not? :eek:

badatusrnames
05-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Chances are she isn't pregnant, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

You shouldn't have any problems getting emergency contraceptives. Phone or drop into the sexual health clinic and maybe look at getting her on birth control at the same time:

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/programs/sexualhealth/clinics.htm

Canmorite
05-24-2009, 02:04 PM
I think the morning after pill, or plan B is effective within 72 hours.

The BMW Guy
05-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Chances are she isn't pregnant, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

You shouldn't have any problems getting emergency contraceptives. Phone or drop into the sexual health clinic and maybe look at getting her on birth control at the same time:

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/programs/sexualhealth/clinics.htm

Thanks alot!
But all of their clinics are closed today :(

Would local pharmacies (Co-op, superstore, etc.) have the morning after pill?

Originally posted by Canmorite
I think the morning after pill, or plan B is effective within 72 hours.

Thats what I read as well, so far approx. 40 hours have passed since intercourse.

~Leah~
05-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by The BMW Guy

Thanks alot!
But all of their clinics are closed today :(

Would local pharmacies (Co-op, superstore, etc.) have the morning after pill?

Thats what I read as well, so far approx. 40 hours have passed since intercourse.

I was getting stuff from the Wal-Mart pharmacy the other day and you can get Plan B over the counter there, but hurry, the pharmacy closes soon I think! You have to talk to the pharmacist who will ask the required questions. Your gf has to be the one to get it I think.

sneek
05-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Just go buy it at Walmart...

The BMW Guy
05-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

I was getting stuff from the Wal-Mart pharmacy the other day and you can get Plan B over the counter there, but hurry, the pharmacy closes soon I think! You have to talk to the pharmacist who will ask the required questions. Your gf has to be the one to get it I think.

Okay, I'll hurry!
What do they ask though?

BlackArcher101
05-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Is our system failing us this much or are kids these days that stupid where they still thinking pulling out is a form of birth control, especially at 16/17?

Holy shit. Did you not get The Talk™?

~Leah~
No idea.... I would assume when you had sex, if you know if are currently pregnant because it won't abort a pregnancy... umm... I dunno, I'm not a pharmacist... just go. I don't think it's that hard to get.

Super_Geo
You joined Beyond just to ask this question?

Tripen
05-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Never taken a sex ed class?

Don't be screwing around if you're not responsible enough to have a kid.

BenC
05-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Congrats on the new addition!

Lol on a side note good luck

Supa Dexta
05-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Unless things changed in the last 10 yrs the girl has to be the one to get it. You can be there too if you want to (she prob will want you there) but they have to give it to her directly.. Seems to me we had to go to the hospital to get it back then though, so it probably has changed.

That was my one and only time having sex... Just like you I made that mistake, if you get thru this you should quit while you're ahead.

Kritafo
05-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Shoppers Drug Mart has a behind the counter kit called the Emergency contraception kit. Call them, find out if you can get it. It's $40.00 or so. If you need a prescription some pharmacists are capable of doing this here in Alberta now. It's only good for up to 72 hours after unprotected sex.

The BMW Guy
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
Is our system failing us this much or are kids these days that stupid where they still thinking pulling out is a form of birth control, especially at 16/17?

Do you have anything constructive to say to help me with this problem? Or are you going to continue telling me how stupid I am?
Yes I'm dumb and what not, but thats life. You make mistakes, you fucking learn from them. I'm a teen, I'm learning.

Originally posted by Super_Geo
You joined Beyond just to ask this question?

Beyond is that great! :thumbsup:
...and its a local community

Originally posted by Tripen
Never taken a sex ed class?

Don't be screwing around if you're not responsible enough to have a kid.

They teach us what happens. And from what I've learned, pulling out seemed logical. I know better now.

badatusrnames

Yeah it is quite a shame that a young couple can be so ignorant and naive when it comes to sex as to not use any form of contraception...

I know that the Catholic school system has a pretty poor sex-ed program... the only method of contraception we were taught was abstinence (we all know how completely unrealistic that is) and the rhythm method that we were to use when we all got married. We weren't even told how intercourse physically actually occurs...

They teach us what happens. And from what I've learned, pulling out seemed logical. I know better now.

Yeah, but they should be telling you that relying upon pulling out isn't logical. Are you in the Catholic system? Like I said, they basically skirted around any sort of "practical" component, skimmed over the basic biology and told us to forget all of this until we are married. Pathetic and the teachers knew it, but they had no other choice.

alloroc
05-24-2009, 02:34 PM
OK:

This is for all you kiddies out there whose parents were too chicken to give them 'the talk.' In all my years of volunteering I have learned to break down 'the talk' into a three word sentence (depending on sex)

Ready?

For the girls ..
Pills don't break.

For the boys ..
Condoms don't lie.

Done.

BlackArcher101
05-24-2009, 02:37 PM

Do you have anything constructive to say to help me with this problem?

I don't have anything to say to resolve your problem that's different than what's been said already... but this is still relevant.

Your last sentence scares me... what exactly did they teach you then? (I'm not saying you are stupid, I'm actually concerned at how they are teaching this stuff).

The BMW Guy
05-24-2009, 02:40 PM

I don't have anything to say to resolve your problem that's different than what's been said already... but this is still relevant.

Your last sentence scares me... what exactly did they teach you then? (I'm not saying you are stupid, I'm actually concerned at how they are teaching this stuff).

Basically they teach us how sex is done. Like, how the penis gets hard, where it goes in and how a baby is made.
Thats it.

I was only informed that sperm would come out at ejaculation, and pulling out seemed smart?

lol, now I know.
I'll be heading to shoppers drug mart, they are 24 hours :)

A790
05-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Get off beyond and go to the pharmacy. This isn't something I'd fuck around with.

And, regarding sex ed, don't even LIE to us about it. I took it when I was in high school 5 years ago and we learned everything from contraception, to STD's, to safe sex, to differences among types of sex. Don't even say it's basic, because it sure isn't.

nonlinear
05-24-2009, 02:48 PM
PFFFFFTTTT!!!! what a bunch of moronic responses. just kick her in the stomach, you idiot!!!!!

theken
05-24-2009, 02:48 PM
guys can buy plan B, i have had to do it, pharmacy bitch was pretty upset with me buying, she had attitude haha, I said "my wife just gave birth to our son like 3 weeks ago and hasn't got on the pill yet, I dont want another 9 months of pregnant wife" she was fine with it then

Ukyo8
05-24-2009, 02:51 PM
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9664/linkprego.jpg

Jlude
05-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Is this for real?

Kloubek
05-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Im pretty sure its for real....

OP: Honestly, the chances of her being pregnant are fairly slim. If you pulled out beforehand, the majority of your stuff never made it in her. But there is still a chance; it doesnt all come out during climax.

The morning after pill is a good idea at this stage for sure - if for no other reason than to give you piece of mind.

Let this be a learning experience; actually LEARN from it and use protection from here on in. You do not want to go through all this BS again.

Kritafo
05-24-2009, 03:21 PM
while you're at shoppers get the condoms, take your girlfriend to family planning and get started on the birth control pill. You have lots of options.

Don't be embarrassed.

TorqueDog
05-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
Is this for real? I was thinking the same thing.

http://torquedog.gotdns.com/lulz/yallniggz.jpg

01RedDX
05-24-2009, 03:23 PM

revelations
05-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

You only came to one class, didn't you. :facepalm:

Like the part where CONDOMS were invented....oops!

Maybe they should teach ADVANCED sexual positions in HS now too... foreplay, etc. :poosie:, might get more ppl in class!

The_Rural_Juror
05-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Obviously not a Catholic.

xLostx
05-24-2009, 03:59 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/xjuddsonx/donxpj.png

TorqueDog
05-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
Obviously not a Catholic. You say that like it's a bad thing.

403ep3
05-24-2009, 04:27 PM
=dkp8-vuOWYU

badatusrnames
05-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
dkp8-vuOWYU

Majestic12
05-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Ask Yahoo Answers! They're full of great info.

http://www.somethingawful.com/flash/shmorky/babby.swf

rumeo
05-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
I was thinking the same thing.

http://torquedog.gotdns.com/lulz/yallniggz.jpg

ahahahah thats the best picture ever

buddy have you not heard of pre-cum? pulling out does not work.

asp integra
05-24-2009, 04:59 PM
congrats on the kid! but u might want to tell ur gf to get birth control to prevent scares in the future! and condoms help too!

zipdoa
05-24-2009, 05:32 PM
lollerskates... this has to be a troll

Ashers
05-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Can't be that bad... He's only 16... must have pulled out after what? 20, maybe 30 SECONDS, tops...

5000Audi
05-24-2009, 05:57 PM
dood, 99% chance she isnt preggo, my wife HATES rubbers and to lazy to get birth control.. been like that for the past 4 years.. never once used a rubber.. never got preggo.. and now you might ask.. one of you might be infertile.. but negative.. we tried for a baby once and BAM she got preggo..so dont sweat it or freak out.. she prob not preggo.. Cudoos to you for going bare back for the first time.. one thing sucks tho.. now when you use rubbers it will suck haha..

TorqueDog
05-24-2009, 06:20 PM
In the event this isn't a troll thread, hopefully his BMW is a four-door; makes getting the baby-seat in much easier. :thumbsup:

psycoticclown
05-24-2009, 06:30 PM
^^:rofl:

Trini
05-24-2009, 06:38 PM
there is a chance she could get pregnant..the Withdrawal method is not reliable so in the future don't do it!

hopefully you got her the emergency contraceptive in the recommended time period.

in the future use a condom or she could go on the pill but research those options in detail as there are some side effects

all the best, you're probably turning grey if you worry too much lol

DJ Lazy
05-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
dood, 99% chance she isnt preggo, my wife HATES rubbers and to lazy to get birth control.. been like that for the past 4 years.. never once used a rubber.. never got preggo.. and now you might ask.. one of you might be infertile.. but negative.. we tried for a baby once and BAM she got preggo..so dont sweat it or freak out.. she prob not preggo.. Cudoos to you for going bare back for the first time.. one thing sucks tho.. now when you use rubbers it will suck haha..

:rofl: :rofl: .. That's some stellar advise right there.

V6-BoI
05-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

:rofl: :rofl: .. That's some stellar advise right there.

Lol I was thinking the same thing haha! Best advice I've seen yet on this thread :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Heh I think it happens to be high school grad season as well.

But to the OP, good luck with this man

The BMW Guy
05-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Got the Plan B at shoppers :D
Girlfriend took the dose, no side effects yet.

Thank you to all who helped with the constructive comments.

As for sex ed, Its actually called "Family Life" in my school but they only taught it up til Grade 9.

We never learned about STDs or protective devices in sex ed. (Except for a condom)
BUT, I did learn about those things in Biology class. But that was because we were learning about the reproductive systems and related diseases as well as preventions.

So yea...my sex ed was my biology class. :D I still didn't know about sperm coming out before ejaculation, I thought it was just the Cowpers gland releasing its neutralization fluids to clean the urethra before the prostate gland releases its fluids along with the sperm.

But lesson learned. Use a condom. I'll see if I can get her on birth control as well.

Thanks guys. See you at the next meet.
:thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
05-24-2009, 08:37 PM
we both "were" virgins at the time

Gratz.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/startracks/061127/borat.jpg

zipdoa
05-24-2009, 08:44 PM
:rofl:

the hilarity of a teen coming of age experience, as told from a first person perspective online @ beyond.ca

TorqueDog
05-24-2009, 08:44 PM
^^ LOL @ Sigging it. :rofl:

But lesson learned. Use a condom. I'll see if I can get her on birth control as well.Use a condom, make sure she's on birth control... then at climax, pull out, rip off the condom and make her swallow it.

Guaranteed 100% not to cause pregnancy. :thumbsup: Plus, it's beneficial to get her used to it now before she gets too set in her ways and refuses to later.

5000Audi
05-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Use a condom, make sure she's on birth control... then at climax, pull out, rip off the condom and make her swallow it.

now thats worth a sig LOL

blackteg2
05-24-2009, 08:55 PM
lulz were had

trliniar
05-24-2009, 09:58 PM
you can get morning after over the counter... had to get it at superstore.. and they gave it to me for my girlfriend.. asked a bunch of questions like her date of birth, if she has allergies, her phone number.. etc.. just general info.. cant remember the price but im sure in this situation it doesnt matter.

also used the pullout method non stop with my ex and i walked around paranoid 24/7, especially if her period came late i thought i was going to lose it.. haha but she never ended up getting pregnant thank God..

hope you can relax now, everything will be fine...

Tearin
05-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

the hilarity of a teen coming of age experience, as told from a first person perspective online @ beyond.ca

I lawled.

nich148_9
05-24-2009, 10:39 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~pendraggin/TrollCat.jpg

/oblig.

Jlude
05-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Use a condom, make sure she's on birth control... then at climax, pull out, rip off the condom and make her swallow it.

Guaranteed 100% not to cause pregnancy. :thumbsup: Plus, it's beneficial to get her used to it now before she gets too set in her ways and refuses to later.

QFT

The OP is still young... he still has a chance!

nonlinear
05-25-2009, 02:05 AM
get her on the pill. not only does it allow you to cum buckets up her gash, but it also makes her titties bigger and bouncier :poosie:

msommers
05-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Not always man, some girls lose weight when they go on the pill.

bubbley
05-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Ok one problem may be solved..but..what about the std/aids check?

403Gemini
05-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Yeah it is quite a shame that a young couple can be so ignorant and naive when it comes to sex as to not use any form of contraception...

I know that the Catholic school system has a pretty poor sex-ed program... the only method of contraception we were taught was abstinence (we all know how completely unrealistic that is) and the rhythm method that we were to use when we all got married. We weren't even told how intercourse physically actually occurs...

Yeah, but they should be telling you that relying upon pulling out isn't logical. Are you in the Catholic system? Like I said, they basically skirted around any sort of "practical" component, skimmed over the basic biology and told us to forget all of this until we are married. Pathetic and the teachers knew it, but they had no other choice.

That's not true at all. I grew up in the Catholic system and knew pulling out wasn't even a form of contraceptive in GRADE SEVEN. I don't know if I just had an exceptional teacher teaching it, but she took a very mature approach to the discussion.

FivE.SeveN
05-25-2009, 10:44 AM

Jesus fuck me I LOL'd way too loud at this and I'm at work, aaahahaha

scat19
05-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Swallow and/or facial FTW!

rage2
05-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Not always man, some girls lose weight when they go on the pill.
Can you point me to these girls please? Thanks. :rofl:

msommers
05-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Can you point me to these girls please? Thanks. :rofl:

Why the hell would I wanna do that:rofl:

malcolmk14
05-25-2009, 12:55 PM
A+ thread.

Probably been said already but the "Morning after pill" is available over the counter at most pharmacies. Take your girl with you and get one, get her on regular birth control, and buy a box of condoms.

Welcome to the world of sex that doesn't feel good.

malcolmk14
05-25-2009, 12:56 PM

First time I've actually laughed out loud at a post on Beyond.

Well done.

Dumbass17
05-25-2009, 05:49 PM
this is a joke right?

alloroc
05-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

That's not true at all. I grew up in the Catholic system and knew pulling out wasn't even a form of contraceptive in GRADE SEVEN. I don't know if I just had an exceptional teacher teaching it, but she took a very mature approach to the discussion.

We covered this in Grade 5 and in the early 70's - catholic system.

legendboy
05-26-2009, 08:52 AM
dude, pulling out works man.

It took me like 14 years of that before i actually impregnated a female.

considering i had sex probably around 3500 times thats -99.971% effective. pretty fucking good if you ask me

TorqueDog
05-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
dude, pulling out works man.

It took me like 14 years of that before i actually impregnated a female.

considering i had sex probably around 3500 times thats -99.971% effective. pretty fucking good if you ask me

:rofl: Maybe it was because of your narrow urethra, Hank Hill.
http://breedingferrets.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/hank-hill.jpg

R!zz0
05-26-2009, 04:13 PM
I remember my first time...Best 20 seconds of my life :(
I also remember saying "Is it in yet" :rofl:.............. :(

TorqueDog
05-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
I also remember saying "Is it in yet" :rofl:.............. :( ... why were you saying that? Aren't you a dude? :rofl:

Tomaz
05-26-2009, 04:46 PM
... why were you saying that? Aren't you a dude? :rofl:

Been there before. Girl got around. After 4 hours of pounding the mattress and the girl complaining of being raw, I went to the bathroom and finished myself off in a few minutes. Worst sex of my life.

CMW403
05-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 5000Audi

so you're stating that for the past four years you have been lettin'em go into your hand as opposed to the inside of your wife because she's too lazy to get birth control? :whipped: :whipped:

extm88
05-26-2009, 05:29 PM
As much as I agree he was a dumbass some of the comments were a joke.
Pg 1 someone said you shouldnt be screwing around until your ready for a kid.....gimme a break. I would lay money on the fact 90%+ of beyonds had sex prior to actually wanting a child.

Im sure everyone remembers their first time with no rubber. Somehow once a day her being prego would creep into your mind.

Yes your a dumbass for doing it
Yes ALOT of people just pull out and have no issues

Qtec
05-27-2009, 02:31 AM
Heres your Sex Ed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LZ2BgWk4Ek) @3:24