PDA

View Full Version : Getting Bell Satellite

5000Audi
05-25-2009, 02:59 AM
Well i want to get a dish since shaw is WAY over priced for cable.. so i was wondering how dose one go abouts getting hooked up with bell? i seen you can buy the units from bestbuy or FS, but with that said if i buy a unit; how do i get service? is it a contract i would need to sign or do they go month to month like shaw?

if anyone knows that would be great, i canceled my cable and its gone tommorrow so i dont want to go to long without tv

also what about free to air? how dose that work?

JRSC00LUDE
05-25-2009, 03:53 AM
Satellite.

old&slow
05-25-2009, 04:50 AM
Go to your local london drugs and inquire there. They will set u up.

Zero102
05-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Call Bell?
Go to Future Shop and ask?
Read the Bell web site? (where your questions ARE answered)

Basically,you go to future shop and they will have you sell you a receiver / dish package and have you sign a contract. In the next couple days an installer will come out to your house and set everything up. Receiver pricing depends on how long of a contract you sign, but it is possible to go month-to-month if you pay full price for all of the equipment up front. I recommend against this as their service is quite good and is cheaper both for a monthly fee and for equipment when compared to Shaw.

And, unless you like getting banned and your threads deleted, drop the FTA talk. There are more than enough forums for that. NAGRA 3 is out and bell is down on FTA, 'nuff said.

Grogador
05-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Call up a friend with Sat, or get a group together, and just add more legit receivers to the one account. It's not illegal, and you'll end up paying <$50/mo/ea for *all* of the channels/packages you could ever want, even the odd PPV. I think you can do 5 receivers per account?

rage2
05-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Grogador
Call up a friend with Sat, or get a group together, and just add more legit receivers to the one account. It's not illegal, and you'll end up paying &lt;$50/mo/ea for *all* of the channels/packages you could ever want, even the odd PPV. I think you can do 5 receivers per account?
Account sharing is illegal dumbass.

5000Audi
05-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

And, unless you like getting banned and your threads deleted, drop the FTA talk. There are more than enough forums for that. NAGRA 3 is out and bell is down on FTA, 'nuff said.

i dont know anything about free to air.. only heard its a way of watching satelite...i just googled it and its the stealing one.. i dont wanna go that route haha..

but thanks for all the replys, going to head to f/s or bb tonight to cheak stuff out.. Thanks

Euro838
05-25-2009, 01:34 PM
The only thing that I notice with Bell HD is the variance in volume amongst the different HD channels or even some of the local channels too. I find I have to turn it up for Calgary Global but channels like ABC or WGN are quite loud. Not sure if other pple who have Bell have noticed this or if it's just me.

Curious if this is also the case on Shaw too. I'm using the Bell 6131 HD receiver.

RC-Cola
05-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Euro838
The only thing that I notice with Bell HD is the variance in volume amongst the different HD channels or even some of the local channels too. I find I have to turn it up for Calgary Global but channels like ABC or WGN are quite loud. Not sure if other pple who have Bell have noticed this or if it's just me.

Curious if this is also the case on Shaw too. I'm using the Bell 6131 HD receiver.

I have the same issue, certain stations (Global 244 in particular) is very quiet others are louder. I've had the 9200 HD PVR for three or so years now and it's been mint.

No way I'd go back to shaw now.

signature7
05-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I have bell, as of now I have one HD receiver and two standard receivers, is there EASY way that I can add two more HD receivers without getting another dish?

kenny
05-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by signature7
I have bell, as of now I have one HD receiver and two standard receivers, is there EASY way that I can add two more HD receivers without getting another dish?

Get another SW44 switch and 4 splitters. Split everything before the switches. The splitters need to pass power.