PDA

View Full Version : Where to take car parts to dispose of/recycle?

Hash_man
05-25-2009, 10:52 AM
So I'm doing a major clean-out and such of our garage this weekend, and I have a bunch of pretty big car parts to dispose of. Borrowed a truck from a friend for the day, and I'm just wondering where to take them.

I've got an old motor I don't need, a couple body panels (hood etc.) and I've got some big interior pieces like seats and such.

Do I just take these to the dump? or do places like buck's take parts like this to recycle?

:dunno:

MM99lude
05-25-2009, 12:07 PM
The best place to recycle metal in Calgary is a company called Westcan Recyclers.

They are down Glenmore trail East on 68th ST.

The thing is that you can only bring it metal (so your car seats and other stuff wont' be accepted) and you have to drain all the fluids and oils out of the pieces you are looking to get rid of.

I took a bunch of old parts in a while ago, brake drums, tranny, broken ass aluminum rims and got $70 bucks for the trouble.

G-ZUS
05-25-2009, 03:42 PM
The blue bin by your garbage bin :D

Proboscis
05-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey Hash_man, are any of these parts 3rd gen Accord related?

89s1
05-25-2009, 07:16 PM
yeah, or 88-91 civic.

I'll take that hood if so. :thumbsup:

Hash_man
05-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Proboscis
Hey Hash_man, are any of these parts 3rd gen Accord related?

The engine is, yes... its out of my old accord, had 22x,xxxkms on it, ran great, I just want it out of my garage.

other parts are from misc. hondas, some from a 91 accord i used to have.

The best place to recycle metal in Calgary is a company called Westcan Recyclers.

They are down Glenmore trail East on 68th ST.

The thing is that you can only bring it metal (so your car seats and other stuff wont' be accepted) and you have to drain all the fluids and oils out of the pieces you are looking to get rid of.

I took a bunch of old parts in a while ago, brake drums, tranny, broken ass aluminum rims and got $70 bucks for the trouble.

Thanks for the tip Mike... I might have to take some stuff down that way.