PDA

View Full Version : Engine Swap

EG6boi
05-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Hey guys, I have another question. I had posted a thread earlier about a transmission conversion but a friend of mine thinks he'll stick with an automatic (for personal reasons) but he wants to swap in a H22A automatic transmission. Do you think it is worth it?

Mr_ET
05-25-2009, 11:55 AM
what year H22A tranny that can make the wiring quite a bit more complicated from what I hear.

what car also?

EG6boi
05-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
what year H22A tranny that can make the wiring quite a bit more complicated from what I hear.

what car also?

Really? I heard it is a very complicated swap.

It is a 1995 Honda Civic Sedan

Mr_ET
05-25-2009, 10:28 PM
the swap itself isn't that bad but I hear making the h22 auto trans to work in the civic that's a bit tricky maybe a rywire harness or something similar could simplify it.

Primer_Drift
05-25-2009, 11:01 PM
No mounts available for the h22 automatic transmission, so you will be fabricating your own for the passenger side... Honestly he'd be better off going Auto-> manual with the H22, or "H2B" (H22 with B transmission) and use a B-series automatic transmission which uses the same mounts as D-series transmission. There are also H2D conversion kits available, but I wouldnt trust a 14 year old d-series auto transmission to hold much power for long.

EG6boi
05-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
No mounts available for the h22 automatic transmission, so you will be fabricating your own for the passenger side... Honestly he'd be better off going Auto-> manual with the H22, or "H2B" (H22 with B transmission) and use a B-series automatic transmission which uses the same mounts as D-series transmission. There are also H2D conversion kits available, but I wouldnt trust a 14 year old d-series auto transmission to hold much power for long.

Thanks,

Would you know anybody that can do transmission conversion then?? Nobody that I know of has done that before so I'm not too knowledgeable on it.

streethondas
05-26-2009, 08:12 PM
i think jdmsource does it :D

Mr_ET
05-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by EG6boi

Thanks,

Would you know anybody that can do transmission conversion then?? Nobody that I know of has done that before so I'm not too knowledgeable on it.

I know Hondas quite well but the man who posted above you has a substantial amount of experience with all kinds of swaps including quite a bit with H22 powerplants and custom fabrication.

If he has some time to help you out he is the best resource for that motor and conversion in town.

Primer_Drift
05-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks Ettiene!

Originally posted by EG6boi

Thanks,

PM me for details.