PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: Installing new laptop LCD

bashir26
05-25-2009, 08:39 PM
3 months ago I had an issue with the LCD on my laptop (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/259853/laptop-issues/). So I took it into WestPeak calgary that deal with all Sony products. They quoted me $414 to fix the LCD screen.

So I did some searching online and the OEM screen is $140~. I know how to open up the laptop and get to the LCD screen part, thats fairly easy, but I'm not sure on how to replace it.

I wanted to know if anyone is willing to help me install the LCD on my laptop!?

I am willing to pay, but not $300 in labour!

Stealth22
05-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Whats the model# for your laptop? I haven't dealt with Sonys much but you can probably find a service manual from a google search for your laptop, and those things will explain how to properly get to and replace a particular part.

EDIT: It depends on the laptop, sometimes the LCD is (fairly) easy to replace, or it can be challenging too...just depends on how the thing is assembled, and on the skills of the person opening it up :D

G-ZUS
05-25-2009, 10:15 PM
I did it on one not too long ago took me about half an hour or so. If you're not far from me Id help you

bashir26
05-27-2009, 01:02 AM
The model name for my laptop is: Sony VGN-CR120E/Red

Cool thanks G-Zus!

I just went down to the repair facility again today and they told me its $304 for the part and $110 for the labor.

I'll let you know when I buy the LCD, it may not be until August. I'm going on vacation soon!