PDA

View Full Version : Sl500 Amg

DJ Lazy
10-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Spotted a Black Mercedes SL500 AMG at the Shawnessy Co-op gas bar today... BC car.. it was sooo sweet... :drool:
Some old rich grey haired guy was driving it, had his wife with him too,.....
Soo sweet tho.. :thumbsup:

buh_buh
10-26-2003, 10:03 PM
SL500 is not AMG

DJ Lazy
10-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
SL500 is not AMG

It WAS an SL 500 ... and it had the AMG badging and AMG rims... slotted, AND crossed drilled front brakes... front 1/4 panel vents...

I was less than 10 feet from it... i know what I saw...

buh_buh
10-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Well it was a ricer then :D
the SL55 is the AMG version.

pinoyhero
10-26-2003, 10:10 PM
Either that or a SL 500 with a special order AMG package.

DJ Lazy
10-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Well it was a ricer then :D
the SL55 is the AMG version.

A 60 year old ricer?? hahahaha:rofl:

Wish I woulda had my camera on me... SHIT:banghead:

rage2
10-26-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Either that or a SL 500 with a special order AMG package.
It's called the Sport package, and it doesn't come with badging. Therefore, RICER! I know because I'm one too! :rofl:

Tuner1
10-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lo-Tec

It WAS an SL 500 ... and it had the AMG badging and AMG rims... slotted, AND crossed drilled front brakes... front 1/4 panel vents...

I was less than 10 feet from it... i know what I saw...

No slotted and drilled rotors on the SL55 AMG. Something fishy for sure!

DonJuan
10-27-2003, 12:13 AM
Rage, what is up with that new avatar? That is kina disturbing... why the new found hatred of Japanese school girls?

hondarunner
10-27-2003, 05:04 PM
yeah i saw the same car today traveling south on 14th street

C4S
10-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Nice ! there are lots of SL 500 around lately .. ( may be near the end of summer ? ) the silver one always park at " sun chi gee " is very nice !! :thumbsup:

Even SL 55 .. quite a few around (I saw some young east indian driving ! ).. calgarian is getting more and more rich ! :poosie:

I am not a M-B fan .. but .. these SL is really really awesome ! and good value too ! :bigpimp: I will get one if my Left leg broke ! :burnout:

finboy
10-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Rage, what is up with that new avatar? That is kina disturbing... why the new found hatred of Japanese school girls?

that avi rocks :thumbsup:

rage2
10-27-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Inspired by Kill Bill :).

DJ Lazy
10-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by hondarunner
yeah i saw the same car today traveling south on 14th street

Was it a BC licence plate?

girlRACER
10-27-2003, 08:33 PM

Was it a BC licence plate?

Strange...I saw a silver SL500 in Vancouver with an AMG badge :confused: (pic taken near granville/robson)

DJ Lazy
10-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

Strange...I saw a silver SL500 in Vancouver with an AMG badge :confused: (pic taken near granville/robson)

Got a side pic of that car??
Cuz thats what the back looked like on the one I saw..

If it was just a "sport package" then why the AMG badging, and why would a 60 y/o RICH fucker need to "rice" his Mercedez Benz??? Like seriously guys, 20 y/o guy.. yea i can see him ricing his car, but NOT an old rich fart... :dunno:

Tuner1
10-27-2003, 10:28 PM
If it was just a "sport package" then why the AMG badging, and why would a 60 y/o RICH fucker need to "rice" his Mercedez Benz??? Like seriously guys, 20 y/o guy.. yea i can see him ricing his car, but NOT an old rich fart... :dunno:

Age and money don't equal taste and class! I see older, seemingly mature adults, do stupid stuff to their cars all the time! I don't doubt for a second that there are SL500s running around out there with AMG badging. If you want to see a REAL SL55 AMG, swing by our shop on a nice day, there is often one around :drool:

Rob

www.tunerworks.com

ZorroAMG
10-28-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by rage2

It's called the Sport package, and it doesn't come with badging. Therefore, RICER! I know because I'm one too! :rofl:

Badgeneering! I "sent" my car for the full "upgrade" too LOL

missblondie
10-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

While in vancouver at the end of August I saw a silver SL500 with amg badges parked @ granville island right were all the fresh markets are. After I told zerovaccine that I had just seen that he made fun of me so I made him walk back to look at it to make sure he knew i wasn't lying!!! :dunno:

C4S
11-01-2003, 11:09 AM
I saw this in Edmonton too .. cool colour ..with AMG kit ( ? )

/////AMG
11-01-2003, 11:56 AM
^^^When did you see that? I think thats the 2004 Sl500, the new SL's have the SLR rims now, so I'm guessing that is the latest SL.

The 04's are slowly showing up at local Mercedes dealers...

As you can see, with every modification MB makes, the car is looking more and more like the SLR

http://216.73.106.70/E-class%20and%20sl/PICT0759.JPG
http://216.73.106.70/E-class%20and%20sl/PICT0760.JPG
http://216.73.106.70/E-class%20and%20sl/PICT0761.JPG
http://216.73.106.70/E-class%20and%20sl/PICT0762.JPG
http://216.73.106.70/E-class%20and%20sl/PICT0763.JPG

C4S
11-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Actually, I saw that " orange" SL half a yr ago, in Edmonton, in front of " Urban Fair "

You will see tons of super nice car over there, mostly nice M-B, since more "rich but old" people live in Edmonton .. so many many SL every where ! make the car nothing special somehow .. : o

Kieran115
01-19-2004, 07:32 PM
I don't know what the big debate here is! You can get the SL500 with the AMG package. When you get the package, the AMG badging is put on the back! I was having my Mercedes serviced at Mercedes-Benz Vancouver and noticed an S430 AMG sitting in the used car showroom! It's not an S55, just an S430 with the AMG package.

ZorroAMG
01-20-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Kieran115
I don't know what the big debate here is! You can get the SL500 with the AMG package. When you get the package, the AMG badging is put on the back! I was having my Mercedes serviced at Mercedes-Benz Vancouver and noticed an S430 AMG sitting in the used car showroom! It's not an S55, just an S430 with the AMG package.

DOOD!!! The AMG badge is NOT put on with the AMG sport package that you are referring to....EVER. One can, however purchase the badge at put it on at any time....but that does not make it a real AMG car, which was what the original poster in this thread was being correct on...If you put AMG on the back of an old Corolla with AMG rims (not that they'd fit) would you say you had an AE86 AMG? No, you wouldn't.

nine8civicSi
01-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

DOOD!!! The AMG badge is NOT put on with the AMG sport package that you are referring to....EVER. One can, however purchase the badge at put it on at any time....but that does not make it a real AMG car, which was what the original poster in this thread was being correct on...If you put AMG on the back of an old Corolla with AMG rims (not that they'd fit) would you say you had an AE86 AMG? No, you wouldn't.

like u can compare that :rolleyes:
its like putting an Si badge on a Dx civic, same principal....and an S430 or whatever has more rite than a corolla to have AMG badging!

ZorroAMG
01-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Yeah, ok buddy...good to see you have a firm grasp on the concept....here's a cookie...LOL

buh_buh
01-21-2004, 11:21 PM
its like putting type-r stickers on your civic.
rice is rice.

MM93
01-22-2004, 12:52 PM
MB offers a AMG styling package so i am guessing thats what it is!! the s55 comes with the AMG upgrades it is standard. So you can order a sl500 from the factory with AMG (factory upgrade) style pieces. Check the web site its fun building $$$cars

www.mbusa.com
then chose build car!!

buh_buh
01-22-2004, 01:56 PM
yes you can.
You can also buy Type-R parts from Honda.
Doesn't make your Civic a Type-R.

calgarys13
01-22-2004, 05:11 PM
i saw a black sl500 behins a restraunt in downtown this morning and a silver sl55 cruising around mckenzie lake today...must remember to bring digi cam!!

20incheyes
01-27-2004, 08:42 PM
if you ever see a post 200 BENZ rockin Calgary riced out take a pic, I can't picture it. Adding an AMG, Lorsiner, or Brabus pack to a Benz definetly ain't ricing it out.

-250-
01-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by C4S
Nice ! there are lots of SL 500 around lately .. ( may be near the end of summer ? ) the silver one always park at " sun chi gee " is very nice !! :thumbsup:

Even SL 55 .. quite a few around (I saw some young east indian driving ! ).. calgarian is getting more and more rich ! :poosie:

I am not a M-B fan .. but .. these SL is really really awesome ! and good value too ! :bigpimp: I will get one if my Left leg broke ! :burnout:

I know the young east indian.... his name is Raj, and he is a jackass, his parents shelled the money :guns: :guns: :guns: .

I wish my parents would do that for me :(

Drew
02-05-2004, 06:27 PM
yes you can.
You can also buy Type-R parts from Honda.
Doesn't make your Civic a Type-R.

sorry dude but MM93 is right, and no offense but comparing honda to M-B? come on now you should know better then that. Simply put, a type r integra is the modeling badge of the car, it IS a type R. however the difference is that for M-B, you can't have a car that is "AMG", its a tuner badge. Which means the car was simply tuned with some AMG parts, and not that it is a mercedes type AMG. Fact of the matter is you can't even buy most AMG parts for the sl-500 without having them come in some sort of package (in which case your car gets badged)....how do i know? cause we chucked our stock sl-500 rims on ours and only were able to buy the AMG ones from another guy who had an AMG benz and he didn't want them. BUT NO, we couldn't just get it from the dealer, hence why they stamp the cars so you know they're AMG "tuned"

Big_Lunn
02-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Yea i think, that u have to order a separate package in order for u to have a sl500. Anyone see the one that wuz at importfest at tha skydome. That one supposedly had an AMG package

buh_buh
02-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Just because its a MB it means it can't be just as ricey as a Honda? :rolleyes:
Yes it is a Type-R. There are also Civic Type-R's and NSX Type-R's, which in turn makes it a tuner badge. Same shit, different manufacturer.
Your putting an AMG badge on a non-AMG car trying to make people believe it is something it is not. That = rice. Case closed.

Drew
02-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Ya except that a civic type r etc are different models of that car. Performance and style are modified and replicated making an off the factory line,TYPE of civic. Hence there not tuned civics, there types of civics, completely different model from say the si. The benz on the other hand is tuned and there are different AMG packages for the same model of car making the AMG badge for "tuned" cars and the "type-r" badge for "models" of cars. So no, i don't think a benz can be riced out, maybe some german term, but definitly not RICE.

ninspeed
02-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Drew
Ya except that a civic type r etc are different models of that car. Performance and style are modified and replicated making an off the factory line,TYPE of civic. Hence there not tuned civics, there types of civics, completely different model from say the si. The benz on the other hand is tuned and there are different AMG packages for the same model of car making the AMG badge for "tuned" cars and the "type-r" badge for "models" of cars. So no, i don't think a benz can be riced out, maybe some german term, but definitly not RICE.
are you sure???? i saw a benz one day with BMW badges :D That guy was a ricer :D....

ZorroAMG
02-11-2004, 12:31 AM

sorry dude but MM93 is right, and no offense but comparing honda to M-B? come on now you should know better then that. Simply put, a type r integra is the modeling badge of the car, it IS a type R. however the difference is that for M-B, you can't have a car that is "AMG", its a tuner badge. Which means the car was simply tuned with some AMG parts, and not that it is a mercedes type AMG. Fact of the matter is you can't even buy most AMG parts for the sl-500 without having them come in some sort of package (in which case your car gets badged)....how do i know? cause we chucked our stock sl-500 rims on ours and only were able to buy the AMG ones from another guy who had an AMG benz and he didn't want them. BUT NO, we couldn't just get it from the dealer, hence why they stamp the cars so you know they're AMG "tuned"

Dood, you couldn't be more wrong. You can go to the dealer and buy any AMG part for any car in any arrangement (except maybe things that come in two's like side skirts) How do I know? Because I have quite a few AMG parts on my car, bought them from the dealer with no problems. There is no such thing as TYPE AMG. Whoever told you that you couldnt buy AMG wheels for your SL was full of shit. Also, there are no AMG tuning levels...it's all or nothing.
One either has an AMG car or they have a Mercedes. It is only an AMG car if it comes FROM THE FACTORY as either a Hammer, Baby Hammer, CL55, S55, E55/50/60, SL55, CLK 55, C55/32/43/36 or SLK32/55. Anything else and it is just a mercedes that's been modded.

All that being said, I have AMG badges on my car because they came with my spoiler and bumper, but I never claim that my car is an AMG, because it isn't. They are simply aftermarket changes on all MB's unless you have one the above noted cars.

The SL in question is NOT an AMG.

NOW the case is closed.

Drew
02-11-2004, 11:28 PM
k, i agree with you cause i think were talkin about the same thing.
I agree that unless its one of the vehicals you mentioned it isn't a AMG model of the car, like i said when the sl 500 was stamped with that AMG badge, it was simply to say it has an AMG style package on it, hence it was tuned with AMG parts, therefore it is a mercedez-benz with AMG tunning and therefore is marked with the AMG. And yes those cars are the only AMG models available and are the true AMG vehicals and i never said you should claim that you drive an AMG vehical, i just said that you should claim that its AMG tuned by putting the AMG tuned badge on. And no, the rims we put on our sl-500 we couldn't buy straight up from the dealer cause they weren't available, maybe it was just us but thats what the dealership said, regardless we got the rims so who gives a fuck. And if I couldn't be more wrong then how come the cars get stamped by mercedez-benz themsleves? Are you sayin they rice out there own vehicals prior to selling them? Im NOT saying they are AMG cars, i'm saying there AMG tuned and thats allllllllll the badge is tryin to say. (and just so ya know, no we didn't put the AMG badge on our ride after we got the rims, still says sl-500 but only cause we moded it, not the factory)

ZorroAMG
02-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Again, AMG either puts out a full car, or it doesn't. A car does NOT go to AMG and come out with anything LESS than the full package. AMG Wheels and bodykit on an SL500 does not make it "tuned by AMG" since AMG NEVER touched the car. That is the difference. AMG is a factory seperate from the MB factory that deals in ful car conversons, not modding with aesthetic parts. So if an SL500 had AMG wheels and a kit, they were put on at MB, not AMG. Bottom line, the SL is a german rice (or saurkaut, whtever you want to call it). With regard to "stamping" no where on an SL500 will it say AMG besides on the wheels from the factory, so I don't know what you are talking about. A dealership may put the badge on afterwards because the car has some minor parts (which is not wrong cause that's what I did) it just does not make it an AMG car. Are we clear on this yet? :) I am certain on this info, trust me.

Drew
02-12-2004, 12:33 PM
ya were clear, and thats all i'm tryin to say is that if benz puts the AMG badge on a car causa some minor parts on it, it is completely different than some fool puttin type-r on his integra cause he thinks it looks cool.

ZorroAMG
02-12-2004, 12:57 PM
cool :)

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by C4S
calgarian is getting more and more rich ! :poosie:

hows the education system doing up there.

MerfBall
02-12-2004, 01:59 PM
ya were clear, and thats all i'm tryin to say is that if benz puts the AMG badge on a car causa some minor parts on it, it is completely different than some fool puttin type-r on his integra cause he thinks it looks cool.

And how do you know that fool putting a type-r on his integra doesn't have Type-R parts in there? The intent of the guy to put an AMG badge on a MB can be the same as the guy who puts a type-r badge on his honda.

And it doesn't mean dealers can't pop on rice either... Prime example, T&T Honda seems to pop on all kinds of rice on their cars...

But in the end... :whocares: if you like the way it looks than power to you.

Drew
02-14-2004, 10:22 AM
holy shit buddy, did you read the essays that have been put down about this? cause the fool who put the type-r on could have type-r parts.....but he doesn't have a type r car and thats what he'd be tryin to say. and ya i agree with you tho, t&t does rice the shit out of some things but someone needs too offer that i guess...

/////AMG
02-14-2004, 10:51 AM
OMG, This is STILL going on?!?!?

ZorroAMG
02-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Can't we all just STFU about AMG??

LOL

Drew
02-14-2004, 12:31 PM
ha no doubt, i'm givin myself a fuckin headache......