PDA

View Full Version : Rock the Bells 2009

2002civic
05-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Anyone getting tickets to this? Might check it out as there are some pretty good acts. Our lineup isn't as good as other's however...

Rock The Bells Calgary featuring: Nas, Damian Marley, Common, Big Boi, Tech N9ne, Reflection Eternal (Talib Kweili & Hi-Tek), Slaughterhouse (Joe Budden ft. Crooked I, Royce Da 5'9), K'NAAN, Chali 2na, and guests. Hosted by KRS One, Supernatural, and Pete Rock.

http://www.guerillaunion.com/rockthebells/

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/110042B686E897A7?artistid=1070805&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=766

EK 2.0
05-26-2009, 09:58 AM
I'ma be thurr with "bells" on....

dj_honda
05-26-2009, 10:07 AM
I will be going to either the Vancouver show or as a last resort the Calgary show. I'm going to try to do Vancouver as I bet a bunch of the acts won't come here and those will be the ones I want to see (Talib, Common). I've seen Nas a handful of times now, and went to Talib as well...so I guess mainly Common lol.

I went last year to the show in Washington....it was an awesome show. I recommend checking it out for sure.

Also, it doesnt hurt to buy your tix later, as the lineup changes as you get closer to the date. We were supposed to get Raekwon and a couple others but they cancelled closer to the date.

EK 2.0
05-26-2009, 10:08 AM
But J. we are getting Kweli and Common....

Even though I have seen them both a few times each...Along with NaS...but yeah...

Jeremiah
05-26-2009, 10:47 AM
fuck i would go for just common so im in for sure

petoria
05-26-2009, 10:58 AM
presale passwords?

D_2K
05-26-2009, 05:07 PM
ill be in vancouver. but i dont this will go to Calgary. Its not listed on the main site. Even though it is on ticketmaster..just like last year. Hopefully they will.

edit: Nevermind it IS on the mainsite now.

Jeremiah
05-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by D_2K
ill be in vancouver. but i dont this will go to Calgary. Its not listed on the main site. Even though it is on ticketmaster..just like last year. Hopefully they will.

it is listed on the site actually

ajooo
05-26-2009, 08:05 PM
anyone get presale codes yet? i havent got mine yet.

thrasher22
05-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

it is listed on the site actually

Where are you seeing it on the site? Its on ticketmaster but I can't find it on the rock the bells...

2002civic
05-27-2009, 07:04 AM
hmm it was there last night but it appears off the site now:nut:

aget
05-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Presale password: jamrock

HuMz
05-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Theres 3 promotions, the password for the last one is illmatic

sexualbanana
05-31-2009, 05:23 PM
last i checked common wasn't on the lineup which sucks because i'd totally go for common.

pf0sh0
08-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Who else is stoked for this today.. :D

Black Gts
08-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I spent more time in lineups, the atm broke/ran out of money. I missed three separate sets in various lines. I thought it was terribly organized. The show lineup I thought was pretty good.

brownchild
08-02-2009, 10:37 PM
How was Crooked I?

He is the best lyricist in the industry right now, I wanted to go see him.

pf0sh0
08-02-2009, 11:13 PM
It was ridiculous and you suck if you didn't go.

HuMz
08-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Terribly organized, how they can run outta water on a day like that is beyond me. But the show itself was very good and the performance at the end with Nas and Damian Marley was worth the price of addmission alone.

D_2K
08-03-2009, 12:46 PM
when Common came out and did "I use to Love H.E.R." made the show for me....Nas was sick too.

Manhattan
08-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Talib Kweli and Cypress Hill both rocked the house.

Nas and Damian Marley was pretty good too although I wish Nas would've played a longer set. It was cool to hear them sing over each other's tracks though. But definitely glad I went. It was such a better venue than anything held at Saddledome.

JordanEG6
08-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by D_2K
when Common came out and did "I use to Love H.E.R." made the show for me....Nas was sick too.

Common wasn't there. :dunno:
Maybe they played his music between sets, but he wasn't in the Calgary schedule. Unless you saw Vancouver's RTB or different city.

Nas/Damien's set was SICK. Made the show worth while for me. Reflection Eternal was a good one too. Those are the only acts that I really enjoyed. Slaughterhouse was alright, the covers were lame though.

They should've let all the performers know we live in Alberta. I heard almost every act call out "BC" so many times, it was embarassing. :banghead: :rofl:

Jeremiah
08-03-2009, 02:57 PM
So common did come? Fuck

JordanEG6
08-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
So common did come? Fuck

Common, Cube, The Roots and Mos Def never made it out for Calgary. Unless I was completely lost through out some of the show, Common never performed yesterday. But I came at 1. If he performed at 12, that sucks for me.

Jeremiah
08-03-2009, 04:14 PM
yeah thats why i didn't go. Not really a fan of the acts that were here for calgary. Nas and Talib were all i would be interested in, and i saw them both in the past year, so not really worth the price of admission. Had the roots, mos def and common come out, it would definitely be a different story

Hash_man
08-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by HuMz
Terribly organized, how they can run outta water on a day like that is beyond me. But the show itself was very good and the performance at the end with Nas and Damian Marley was worth the price of addmission alone.

Ya that was retarded... Running out of water on a hot day like that is total bullshit, especially when they weren't letting people bring outside drinks in at first, and initially said no re-entry.... We ended up walking over to co-op for water before Cypress Hill came on, and I felt much better after that.

Other then that mess... Was a fun day. We were there from about 1:30 onwards, and it was good times. Overall the beer gardens and the field kind of turned into a shit show littered with garbage which wasn't really cool, but the performances overall were great.

Nas and Damian Marley was amazing, I haven't seen Nas in concert before, and he was awesome. Big Boy was good shit, but was kind of pissed that the equipment kept malfunctioning during his set, he did make the best of it though.

I would have loved to see the Roots again, along with Common and many of the other artists which made other cities, hopefully they will bring more next year.

van
08-03-2009, 05:56 PM
The best part of the day was when this girl was walking with her boyfriend down the pathway and then he decides to hurl everywhere, hahahaha, then she has to carry him away. How embarassing!!

Big Boi killed it, loved the set from Nas and Damian and I definitely loved hearing Jamrock (that's why I was there lol). The dude the was doing the differfent voices forget his name he was pretty awesome as well, very entertaining.. and of course.. if you were to look down from the sky all you see is the color green. hahaha

aget
08-04-2009, 02:45 PM
^ you mean supernat? I guess I was in the beer gardens cuz I missed that.

Common wasn't there. I think he was at the Van show. Sucks that RZA pulled a no show. And what happened to KRS and Pete Rock hosting as well?

Reflection was sick. That was the 3rd time I seen Nas and this was the best time for sure. Performing with Damian and a live band, they killed it.

JordanEG6
08-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by aget
^ you mean supernat? I guess I was in the beer gardens cuz I missed that.

Common wasn't there. I think he was at the Van show. Sucks that RZA pulled a no show. And what happened to KRS and Pete Rock hosting as well?

Reflection was sick. That was the 3rd time I seen Nas and this was the best time for sure. Performing with Damian and a live band, they killed it.

The RZA was there, but he did a semi-Wu-Tang track set right before Cypress Hill came out. I think he was working the drums for them as well. Not sure, I was pretty far.

aget
08-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Damn, I went for food when cypress came on. I only saw the end of their set.

Manhattan
08-04-2009, 06:23 PM
What?! They decided to allow re-entry after all?? :banghead:

I can't believe I starved from 2 to 10pm when I could've gone across the street to get a bite at Co-op or something. Did they even make an announcement? This and running out of water made the show seem terribly organized. I really hope they come back...but hopefully I'll be catching the show in another city next year.

James Winz
08-04-2009, 07:03 PM
The best was super naturals freestyle where he grabbed shit from the audience.

urbannomad
08-05-2009, 01:09 PM
yo, was tech n9ne there too?

James Winz
08-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Yea tech n9ne was so sick

urbannomad
08-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by James Winz
Yea tech n9ne was so sick

haha, what did he play?