PDA

View Full Version : Asian people cutting lawns with weedwacker or hedge trimmer

legendboy
05-26-2009, 09:57 AM
haha just wondering whats up with this? it takes you hours and looks like a blind person gave your lawn a haircut

i see this all the time in hidden valley

is this like fucking lawn bonsai or what

kenny
05-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Lawnmower too much... you know? even no GST too much!

szw
05-26-2009, 09:59 AM
I do this...fml

benyl
05-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Haha, I cut my lawn on the weekend.

My neighbors must have been laughing.

My lawnmower is a manual push mower (no engine).

My trimmer is a 2-stroke gas powered brush cutter! haha (I couldn't find the interchangeable whip head).

89coupe
05-26-2009, 10:08 AM
I've seen people out there with siccors:confused:

I guess they have never heard of these. Cheap and efficient.

http://www.thesustainablevillage.com/products//product_images/TL11566.jpg

97'Scort
05-26-2009, 10:35 AM
My last landlord used to send her FOB cousin to cut the grass, and all she'd give the poor guy is a hedge trimmer. Used to take him four or five hours to cut the grass, and it looked like hell afterwards.

benyl
05-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
I've seen people out there with siccors:confused:

I guess they have never heard of these. Cheap and efficient.

http://www.thesustainablevillage.com/products//product_images/TL11566.jpg

Efficient, yes. Cheap, no.

01RedDX
05-26-2009, 10:46 AM

89coupe
05-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Efficient, yes. Cheap, no.

Whats your idea of cheap?

They are only $79 at Canadian Tire.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/GardeningTools/Gardening/PRD~0601521P/Jobmate%2B12-in%2BReel%2BLawn%2BMower.jsp

scat19
05-26-2009, 10:49 AM

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/GardeningTools/Gardening/PRD~0601521P/Jobmate%2B12-in%2BReel%2BLawn%2BMower.jsp

Not exactly as pictured :rofl: This is a base model

Condo living FTW ;)

89coupe
05-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by scat19

Not exactly as pictured :rofl: This is a base model

Condo living FTW ;)

Regardless, it still gets the job done a whole lot better then a weed whacker, which costs just as much.

Tomaz
05-26-2009, 10:58 AM
I guess I am not used to the small yard scenario. I lived on an acreage and had a ride mower with a 64"deck. It took me 6 hours, 3 tanks of fuel, and a 6-pack of Sleeman to mow all 20 acres!

Scissors? Really? My god! lol

Kloubek
05-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
My last landlord used to send her FOB cousin to cut the grass, and all she'd give the poor guy is a hedge trimmer. Used to take him four or five hours to cut the grass, and it looked like hell afterwards.

Ha! That's awesome. I can just imagine someone down on all fours for hours on end trimming a lawn...

http://images.inmagine.com/168nwm/digitalvision/dvs148/dvs148182.jpg

Machi
05-26-2009, 11:02 AM
I saw this one guy vacuuming his lawn!
and another guy wearing a toque and parka mowing the lawn.. :rofl:

and no, they weren't asian.. LOL

scat19
05-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
I guess I am not used to the small yard scenario. I lived on an acreage and had a ride mower with a 64"deck. It took me 6 hours, 3 tanks of fuel, and a 6-pack of Sleeman to mow all 20 acres!

Scissors? Really? My god! lol

Word! When I lived with my parents, I had 10 acres to mow. We had JD with 64" Deck and not one, but TWO cupholders :D

topmade
05-26-2009, 11:38 AM
I know some cheap ass people and they would call the people who cut their lawns with scissors or weedwackers cheaper fuckers. So you would have to be one cheap ass SOAB to do something like that. For the few bucks you save, you'd kill your back. I also love the people who mow their lawns right to the dirt so they don't have to mow it as much.

Tomaz
05-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by scat19

Word! When I lived with my parents, I had 10 acres to mow. We had JD with 64" Deck and not one, but TWO cupholders :D

Bastard! I had to fab my cup holders! Bought some from crappy tire along with some zip-ties. worked pretty good. :thumbsup:

Prolly the same Mower too!

John Deer 445 (or 455, cant really remember) Liquid cooled V-twin
- 4-blade 64" Deck
- Front end bucket loader
- 60 Gallon Tank trailer with dual spray arms and a hand-wand attachement.
- 50 Gallon grass catcher/mulcher

Man that thing kicked ass! If it wasn't so huge, I might be able to do some of these city yards in 3 minutes!

heavyD
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Maybe they can't afford the gas?

MikeAg
05-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

And by the time she was almost done, it started to grow back. FHL.

Kritafo
05-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Machi

I have always wanted to take a picture of my neighbor when she mows the lawn. Winter boots, parka and sun hat.

She has killed 3 lawnmowers since we moved here 6 years ago. She has it set to mow just above the dirt.

This year we freed ourselves from the backyard lawn. It's all patio, raised beds and mulch. It's fabulous I must say.

The front lawn is about a 5 minute cut job with the push mower.

LUDELVR
05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Stop being such a tosser mate! I use a pair of industrial strength cutting shears!! :thumbsup: :poosie: That's where it's at!

blackteg2
05-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo

I have always wanted to take a picture of my neighbor when she mows the lawn. Winter boots, parka and sun hat.

She has killed 3 lawnmowers since we moved here 6 years ago. She has it set to mow just above the dirt.

The problem is.... she is a woman.

Kennyredline
05-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Funny how nobody's touched on the Asian theme here.....

TeamBestBud
05-26-2009, 01:49 PM
my lawnmower has Vtec. honda power ftw.

Xtrema
05-26-2009, 01:56 PM

Anything made by Jobmate is almost single use only.

hampstor
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
haha just wondering whats up with this? it takes you hours and looks like a blind person gave your lawn a haircut

i see this all the time in hidden valley

is this like fucking lawn bonsai or what

oh man, I used to see that when i lived in the NE. Were they also wearing a winter coat , a hat, and possibly holding an umbrella while trimming the lawn on a sunny day?

jaylo
05-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I have an electric lawn mower for free. You should toss it on their yard one day

benyl
05-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, you are lucky that you neighbors have grass and not a dirt lawn. Asians are notorious for not doing their landscaping. I have seen some houses in my neighborhood that were build 5-6 years ago that still have dirt and weeds! Can almost guarantee and asian lives there!

hampstor
05-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, you are lucky that you neighbors have grass and not a dirt lawn. Asians are notorious for not doing their landscaping. I have seen some houses in my neighborhood that were build 5-6 years ago that still have dirt and weeds! Can almost guarantee and asian lives there!

Your sister in law and her husband who live across from me are prime examples of that. :rofl:

5000Audi
05-26-2009, 02:14 PM
ive got a awsome custom gas lawnmower. its got a 5HP Honda engine, 2.5x6 inch chrome stack exhuast,custom intake with a princess auto hks style air filter.. lol.. it also has Binford decals on it.. my dad made it for me like 5 years ago.. still runs strong, oil change every 50-60 lawn cuts!!!.. it sucks right now since i rent and the land lords cut the grass.. so i cant fire up ol binford..

benyl
05-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

Your sister in law and her husband who live across from me are prime examples of that. :rofl:

ROFL. so true. No fence, no deck, no grass. I don't expect them to do it this summer either... hahahaha

nismodrifter
05-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Random question:

Are Chinese/AZN ppl really conscious about how dark their skin is? Ie: Lighter skin is preferred? Dark skin = ghetto?

My Chinese neighbor never EVER comes outside of her house. The blinds to her house are sealed shut. Her lawn maintenance is done by some gardening crew. She thinks her garden full of mulch (no plants) is the SHIET. There are literally ZERO plants in it but she waters it once, maybe twice everyday.

If she does come outside to check her mail or pick some weeds she wears full sleeves, a hat, sunglasses, etc, as if she is going to melt/get skin cancer upon the slightest sun exposure.

Alot of EI's do the whole "light skin = better" thing too, but I haven't seen EI's take it to the level that this lady does. :nut:.

szw
05-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Random question:

Are Chinese/AZN ppl really conscious about how dark their skin is? Ie: Lighter skin is preferred? Dark skin = ghetto?

Mostly yes, fair skin is preferred. Dark skin = farmer.

benyl
05-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by szw

:werd:

Korean people wear these things in the sun:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3gR2n-EGt70/SdEy613E5cI/AAAAAAAAAyk/PcsTBk8zmzk/s1600/hat.jpg

tentacles
05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
My Chinese neighbor never EVER comes outside of her house. The blinds to her house are sealed shut. Her lawn maintenance is done by some gardening crew. She thinks her garden full of mulch (no plants) is the SHIET. There are literally ZERO plants in it but she waters it once, maybe twice everyday.

Your Chinese neighbor is running a meth lab and/or a grow op. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Plus she probably doesn't like the sun in any case.

legendboy
05-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Machi

they weren't white tho :D

oh man, I used to see that when i lived in the NE. Were they also wearing a winter coat , a hat, and possibly holding an umbrella while trimming the lawn on a sunny day?

haha yes this man knows what i am talking about :rofl:

stevieo
05-26-2009, 03:46 PM
back in like vietnam women wear like gloves that go up to their arm pits, face masks, rice picker hats, long pants when they go about in the sun. while my sister was tanning it up everyone questions why she wants to be dark.

dandia89
05-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Maybe they can't afford the gas?
electric mowers?

kamakurakid
05-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Ha! That's awesome. I can just imagine someone down on all fours for hours on end trimming a lawn...

http://images.inmagine.com/168nwm/digitalvision/dvs148/dvs148182.jpg

My father in law has a guy living across the street who would trim his lawn with scissors. I asked if if the guy was an engineer, and yes was the answer.

Great photo.

B20EF
05-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
back in like vietnam women wear like gloves that go up to their arm pits, face masks, rice picker hats, long pants when they go about in the sun. while my sister was tanning it up everyone questions why she wants to be dark.

:werd: When I went there, none of the women let sun touch their skin. And they seem to water the road/empty gardens everyday to keep dust down. Maybe that what the lady is trying to do?

Xtrema
05-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by szw

Speaking of farmer, saw a Azn in my hood turning the backyard into a complete vegetable farm. The front is all rock garden.

Except nothing looks good an messy as hell. There are always junks around house. Hate to be their neighbors, they will never sell their house being in a $500k+ area.

cocoabrova
05-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Random question:

If she does come outside to check her mail or pick some weeds she wears full sleeves, a hat, sunglasses, etc, as if she is going to melt/get skin cancer upon the slightest sun exposure.

Alot of EI's do the whole "light skin = better" thing too, but I haven't seen EI's take it to the level that this lady does. :nut:.

Flips too: light skinned=beautiful, dark-skinned=no one wants to marry you!!!

Canmorite
05-26-2009, 09:57 PM

A lot of the people on my weekly schedule are asians, they HATE doing lawn work apparently. No flowers, decks, lawn furniture or gardens either :rofl:

blownz
05-27-2009, 09:52 AM

In my cresent, about half of the Asians (mostly Filipino I think) have absolutely no grass. Everything is rocks/shrubs and patio stones. Two of the guys I have talked to say they do it because it is low maintenance but they spend more time in the yard picking weeds and trying to level the patio stones then I ever have with cutting my grass. lol

The worst in my area though is east indians for some reason. Only 2 houses in our 5 year old cresent still don't have sod or decks or fences and they are both east indian families (and the only two in the cresent). Not only are they bad at that, but those two houses each have the most people living in them and the most vehicles in the garage/driveway and also the most dumpy vehicles. It is so bad.

I actually have an east indian friend that comes over quite a lot and he always says "fuck my people are embarassing". lol Also the other east indians don't talk to anyone but each other and you won't even get a wave as your drive by (I'm one of those guys that tries to aknowledge the people that live around me) but they always wave at my buddy when he comes over. He has started giving them the finger though so I think it will stop. lol

prae
05-27-2009, 10:30 AM

quoth the man with no sidewalk and crazy-person signs :nut: :nut: :thumbsup:

hampstor
05-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by prae

quoth the man with no sidewalk and crazy-person signs :nut: :nut: :thumbsup:

I'll have the last section of sidewalk w/in 2 weeks, the sign partially worked. I only put it up to take a pic to send to the developer & homebuilder - they are paying for most of it between the 2 of em :bigpimp:

prae
05-27-2009, 11:08 AM

I'll have the last section of sidewalk w/in 2 weeks, the sign partially worked. I only put it up to take a pic to send to the developer & homebuilder - they are paying for most of it between the 2 of em :bigpimp:
Haha, that's sweet. I figured you probably would have had it taken care of by now. It's ridiculous that's what it took to get the developer/builder to fix a problem like that. Good on ya for taking them to the mat. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Landscaping is a bitch. Luckily I've got our basement reno as an excuse and I get to do easy things like framing/drywall, and my SO gets stuck outside shovelling/weeding/gardening. :rofl:

sillysod
05-27-2009, 12:27 PM
wow you can get a lawnmower at a yard sale for $10.00.

HHURICANE1
05-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Buddy of mine HATES mowing the lawn so he had the bright idea of killing everything in his backyard with Round-up. Sure enough it killed all the grass but the dandelions loved the stuff. He ended up having to mow twice as often to keep them down because the neighbors started complaining to the city and he would get notices from by-law enforcement to mow it or they would.

masoncgy
05-27-2009, 12:52 PM
^ Since when do dandelions survive a round-up application? lol...

slick2404
05-27-2009, 04:21 PM
so yeah, i read half of this thread this morning and was thinking wtf, thats a random thing to see....

until I go out into the backyard and get ready to cut to grass only to see a few houses down:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g249/slick2404/IMG_2357.jpg

yes folks, thats a hockey helmet. I apologize to whoevers pops that might be, but I found it pretty....funny.

stevieo
05-27-2009, 04:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHA
battle gear

Super_Geo
05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Lawnmower too much... you know? even no GST too much!

This is now the go-to line in the office where I work. :rofl:

nonlinear
05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
NICE WORK ON PIC MAN!!! love the fucking helmet!

nismodrifter
05-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Hilarious pic hahahah.

signature7
05-27-2009, 07:12 PM
That visor looks like it's stolen windshield off a civic

GQBalla
05-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by slick2404
so yeah, i read half of this thread this morning and was thinking wtf, thats a random thing to see....

until I go out into the backyard and get ready to cut to grass only to see a few houses down:

yes folks, thats a hockey helmet. I apologize to whoevers pops that might be, but I found it pretty....funny.

LOL

looks like my dad, cept its not him

ahha my dad always wears this over the head walkman while listening to chinavision

KeepItGully
05-27-2009, 07:37 PM
off topic, but today at work I watched a brown guy sweep his driveway with a dustpan handbroom. fml

signature7
05-27-2009, 07:43 PM
I've seen broom sweepers used to rake leaves...Looks like it works decent too.

schocker
05-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Oh beyond never fails to deliver :rofl:

brown911
05-27-2009, 08:18 PM
hey slick2404 im fairly sure i have seen that guy without a hockey helmet though.

you wouldnt by chance happen to live in panorama hills estates would you?

bignerd
05-28-2009, 01:00 AM
I didn't realize this was an asian thing, I thought our old neighbors were just one-offs. When they bought their house they put down grass seed instead of sod so it grew all patchy and un-even. They let it grow (well I let it go before calling the city) to about three feet tall, then the bylaw officer left a note for them to mow it. So the dad comes out and cuts the whole lawn with a weed wacker while the entire family (2 sons, wife, gramma, grampa) stand on the side walk and watch.

There was fucking grass everywhere. They ended up just laying sod after so they could sell the place.

szw
05-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Grass is a retarded weed. All those lawns in the world waste so much clean water and resources. I want to cement over all that shit.

legendboy
05-28-2009, 08:10 AM

:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
05-28-2009, 12:02 PM
hahahahaha well done slick2404

hampstor
05-28-2009, 07:37 PM
fuck, my wife reminded me that I used to use a weed whacker to cut the lawn at my old place :rofl:

In my defense though, the patch of grass was ~12x12ft and surrounded by blocks on all 4 sides.

Eleanor
05-28-2009, 07:57 PM
:rofl:

abyss
05-28-2009, 08:44 PM
fuck, my wife reminded me that I used to use a weed whacker to cut the lawn at my old place :rofl:

In my defense though, the patch of grass was ~12x12ft and surrounded by blocks on all 4 sides.

:rofl: Too bad I never got a picture of you doing it!

max_boost
05-28-2009, 09:03 PM
OMFG. Classic.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Marsh
05-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Hahaha my parents made me cut the lawn with scissors when I was a kid haha

urban.one
07-28-2009, 03:48 PM
can you repost this picture?

Mar
07-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I've noticed Asians would prefer to put in an extra 4 hours manual labour rather than spend $10 to make the job easier. My ex did weird things like that all the time.
Though in her defense, she did save up 25% of her condo purchase in under 7 years of being here.

r3ccOs
04-29-2012, 07:31 AM
http://www.ferociousbeaver.com/forum/userpix/14_chinesedriver_1.jpg

googe
04-29-2012, 09:55 AM
I see you are new to forums. Try checking the date before making a post that is totally irrelevant to the thread anyway.

r3ccOs
04-29-2012, 01:56 PM
weird I did post in the other thread, its like my browser is having issues with my cookies

TomcoPDR
04-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs
http://www.ferociousbeaver.com/forum/userpix/14_chinesedriver_1.jpg

FTW, let's get some made up.

Or C with the "flames" on the side of the letter, Calgary driver.

legendboy
04-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Lets have some 2012 lawn cutting action shots!!