PDA

View Full Version : wtb: Cheap shitty laptop

civiclvr
05-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Hey all,

Looking for a REALLY cheap shitty laptop.
needs:
windows 98 or above
be able to run adobe acrobat reader (or some pdf reader program)
CD drive
minimal internet abilities wouldn't be bad either

Don't care about battery life or other amenities so long as the adapter comes with it. Doing a course in which all supplied reading is via PDF so I need something that can be moved around a bit.

the cheaper the better.. let me know if you've got something lying around that will fit the bill!

TIA

quazimoto
05-27-2009, 01:13 PM
I've got an emachine that is actually relatively decent that I am looking to get rid of. Not sure what you consider cheap though. I'd like to get $200 for it since its not a horrible laptop. I believe its running XP around 1.5 GHZ processor.

Sugarphreak
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Go to memory express and buy one of their "open box" laptops

civiclvr
05-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks Sugarphreak: I intend to visit both there and laptop depot to see what I can get

quazimoto: got a serial/model number so I can look up the specs?

quazimoto
05-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Err It's an emachine M5310. Its the laptop my fiance used for school and we just simply no longer need it.

A clean install of windows was just done as well. I believe its 1.8 GHZ with 512MB of ram. It does have built in wireless as well.

Jfro962
05-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by civiclvr
Thanks Sugarphreak: I intend to visit both there and laptop depot to see what I can get

quazimoto: got a serial/model number so I can look up the specs?

Don't make the mistake of going to laptop depot

kvanderlaag
05-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Jfro962

Don't make the mistake of going to laptop depot

I am posting this on a laptop I purchased from Laptop Depot that I am EXTREMELY happy with.

That said, this is the exception, not the rule. Do not go to Laptop Depot - it's not worth your time, and CERTAINLY not worth your money. They WILL try to sell you crap.

civiclvr
05-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Got One!! Thanks Jason!
Mods please close:closed: