PDA

View Full Version : Dog shit season...get off my fucking lawn!!!

radioactivesago
05-27-2009, 11:16 AM
It's really shitty to see all the dog feces lying around your lawn when you don't even own a dog yourself. :banghead:

What have you done to deal with this sort of problem?

FiveFreshFish
05-27-2009, 11:18 AM
I have deer shit and rabbit shit on my lawn. No dog shit though.

hampstor
05-27-2009, 11:20 AM
- Talk to the people who own dogs and be reasonable if you catch them (I offered one guy a co-op bag cause he forgot his)
- called city bylaw enforcement
- write to community newsletter, ask them to put in an article about it and that there is a fine if you are caught not picking up after your dog's shit.

This has mostly worked. I did catch this one girl who let her 3 dogs shit on my lawn, I know her mom cause she usually is the one walking the 3 dogs and ended up chatting with her about it one day. Haven't seen much dog shit on my lawn this year so far.

remember, it's not the dog's fault - it's the owner thats the problem. Don't do anything to punish the dog.

radioactivesago
05-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Yesterday, I saw this wigga type with 3 dogs dumping all over my neighbors lawn and he said he forgot to bring a bag. He didn't come back. It's just plain laziness. If your disgusted of picking up dog crap then you don't need to own a dog.

freshprince1
05-27-2009, 11:28 AM
I can deal with dog crap...I just fling it back on my neighbors lawn. What I hate is the dead patches from the female dogs' piss that burns you lawns to crap. If you can catch it early enough, douse it with water and you should be okay.

Just found a nice new dinner plate sized patch of grass dying right in the middle of my front yard. Pisses me off.

To all you dog owners, please continue making an effort to keeps your dogs defications to your own property.

kthxbye.

blownz
05-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Dog owners are the reason I would never want to own a corner lot. And l am happy that on my pie lot I only have about 6 feet of grass along the sidewalk because my entire front is basically driveway so I don't have to deal with it.

I do know one guy though that followed the dog owner home with the dog shit and smeared it all over the guys front door and garage door. He had been pissed about it for a while and even talked to the guy and then one day he just snapped. lol

jonnycat
05-27-2009, 11:46 AM
I've even used and old ratted newspaper to pick up my dogs shit. Sometimes she'll take more than one shit on a walk, this time it was the third one and I was out of bags.

Super_Geo
05-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by blownz
I do know one guy though that followed the dog owner home with the dog shit and smeared it all over the guys front door and garage door.

That's fuckin awesome! And I (well, my parents) own a dog.

I always pick up after my dog... except with this one shithead that has a loud as 5.0L mustang with a ridiculously loud exhaust that rips by my parent's house all the time. I do a "fake pick-up" whenever my dog shits on his lawn (ie: take the poop bag and pick up right beside the shit).

freshprince1
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

I do a "fake pick-up" whenever my dog shits on his lawn

:rofl: :rofl:

Sugarphreak
05-27-2009, 01:21 PM

radioactivesago
05-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Can I get charged if I hosed the dog with water if I caught it taking a piss?

blownz
05-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Just edge our your yard with some of that cheap 6" fencing; should keep them off your lawn

Except that it looks ghetto.

bubbley
05-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Dogs have surface and mineral rights thus are allowed to take shits freely anywhere they please, especially the dogs that were around when calgary was being settled. You can confirm this by calling the government.

The_Rural_Juror
05-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

That's fuckin awesome! And I (well, my parents) own a dog.

I always pick up after my dog... except with this one shithead that has a loud as 5.0L mustang with a ridiculously loud exhaust that rips by my parent's house all the time. I do a "fake pick-up" whenever my dog shits on his lawn (ie: take the poop bag and pick up right beside the shit).

Was it a 1989 coupe by any chance?

5000Audi
05-27-2009, 03:54 PM
haha, build some custom thing-a-ma-bob, that when someone puts pressure on your front lawn say a dog steps on it. it will trigger the lawn sprinklers pointed directly at the sidewalk.. then it will get the dog away plus the awsomeness of soaking the owner..lol

E36M3
05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Are you guys really that worried about your damn lawns? I'd recommend getting laid, it will solve the problem much faster.. although you may have to do it regularly or the problem will recur.

nonlinear
05-27-2009, 07:04 PM
wow, i've had many, many, many dogs all my life (my parents breed and trial english setters and german shorthaired pointers) but have NEVER had to pick up a hot, steamy pile of shit in my hand (with only a thin plastic bag as protection). ick

seriously, dog owners should either 1) have sufficient land to let the dog out where it can roam and shit wherever so you dont' even have to worry about it, or 2) pour a concrete slab run with a buried tank so you can just hose the shit down the drain each day, like a septic.

and you guys who live in the cookie cutter sub developments really shouldn't own dogs anyways. didn't you realize that the first time you had to put a bag of hot shit in your pocket?!?!?!?

Benny
05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
wow, i've had many, many, many dogs all my life (my parents breed and trial english setters and german shorthaired pointers) but have NEVER had to pick up a hot, steamy pile of shit in my hand (with only a thin plastic bag as protection). ick

seriously, dog owners should either 1) have sufficient land to let the dog out where it can roam and shit wherever so you dont' even have to worry about it, or 2) pour a concrete slab run with a buried tank so you can just hose the shit down the drain each day, like a septic.

and you guys who live in the cookie cutter sub developments really shouldn't own dogs anyways. didn't you realize that the first time you had to put a bag of hot shit in your pocket?!?!?!?

You're just a pussy :thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
05-27-2009, 11:53 PM
didn't you realize that the first time you had to put a bag of hot shit in your pocket?!?!?!?

Use a clear produce bag and don't pocket it so everyone can see your dog's output. ;)

Kloubek
05-28-2009, 12:11 AM
I generally shoot the dogs with a pellet gun. It pisses off the owner, but it pretty much puts an end to them shitting on my lawn.

Ok... that's not true. And I live in a condo - I don't have much of a lawn. But if I did, that seems like a viable option.

luv2ride_bikes
05-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I generally shoot the dogs with a pellet gun. It pisses off the owner, but it pretty much puts an end to them shitting on my lawn.

Ok... that's not true. And I live in a condo - I don't have much of a lawn. But if I did, that seems like a viable option.
Like another poster said, it is not the dogs fault. You should shoot the owner with a pellet gun instead.

Jason Lange
05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Just follow the owner of the dog home and lay a dump of your own on his property.

Mar
05-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Easy. Security cameras are cheap.

Kennyredline
05-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Jason Lange
Just follow the owner of the dog home and lay a dump of your own on his property.

:rofl: :rofl:

5hift
05-28-2009, 09:45 AM

I dont know who puts the bag of shit in their pocket. Maybe you tried it once and thats why your so bitter about this? They sell bags for really cheap specifically for this, that are much thicker and longer so you never touch/feel anything. You also dont pick up the shit right away, usually here its so cold if you stand for a minute its cold. There are these things called garbage cans in every single park. You hold the bag by the top until you walk by one and toss it in.

Even if you live on a acreage as I grew up on as well, just having your dog shit where ever and not picking it up is disgustingly un-hygenic. If your parents bred dogs you should know the dog shit attracts other dogs, your dogs would be shitting all over, and then smelling each others shit. You might as well inject them with parvo before you sell them to your poor clients. Your idea about a exposed septic is about as retarded as possible. The smell alone, forget the attraction to vermin and insects, would be brutal. You'd also be spending a lot more time hosing shit down, not to mention the cost. In order to have a septic, it has to be much more sealed and buried deep.

Instead of telling people that in order to own a dog they should have a crazy setup or have vast stretches of lawn, you should try what works for most people; being a responsible pet owner. If picking up dog shit through a bag scares you, I feel bad for your future children, or at least their mother who will have to do everything.

CMW403
05-28-2009, 09:51 AM
when we lived in the city, my dad would regularly walk out and tell the owner kindly that if he doesn't pick up the shit, he is going to be in a lot more shit than the pile of shit on our lawn. this worked everytime unless we weren't home when the shitter was shitting.:D

shit

van
05-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Jason Lange

hahaha...Me, Myself, and Irene.. oh man that was so funny

nonlinear
05-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

Your idea about a exposed septic is about as retarded as possible. The smell alone, forget the attraction to vermin and insects, would be brutal. You'd also be spending a lot more time hosing shit down, not to mention the cost. In order to have a septic, it has to be much more sealed and buried deep.

hah! what do you know about pro dog kennels? this isn't my idea, silly - this is how it's done when you are a breeder or have a large number of sport dogs.

e.g. a half-second google search http://www.gundoghousedoor.com/articles/complete_%20kennel_design.htm

Old Snake
05-28-2009, 11:26 AM

this is how it's done when you are a breeder or have a large number of sport dogs.

e.g. a half-second google search http://www.gundoghousedoor.com/articles/complete_%20kennel_design.htm

nonlinear,

Most people aren't breeders or have a large number of sport dogs.

I live in a corner lot so I know how this sucks.

kertejud2
05-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Whenever people feel to take the issue into their own hands, be sure to punish the owner, not the dog. The dog is just taking a shit, its the owner who's being the douchebag.

freshprince1
05-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2
Whenever people feel to take the issue into their own hands,

no pun intended...I hope.

misterrick
05-28-2009, 02:19 PM

the purpose of this thread is for people that DONT have dogs. they have every right to be upset. if they didnt mind picking up shit or dead grass, they would probably go get a dog........

sh0ko
05-28-2009, 02:25 PM
u should just pick up the shit.. follow the guy home.. and toss it at his house or lawn ahaha

teknical
05-28-2009, 02:29 PM
http://socialmediaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/loldogs-cute-puppy-pictures-gitoffm.jpg

5hift
05-28-2009, 02:30 PM

hah! what do you know about pro dog kennels? this isn't my idea, silly - this is how it's done when you are a breeder or have a large number of sport dogs.

So your idea is that every dog owner have a setup that pro dog kennels have?

atgilchrist
05-28-2009, 02:31 PM

So your idea is that every dog owner have a setup that pro dog kennels have?

And you need an acreage...

5hift
05-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by atgilchrist

And you need an acreage...

So pretty much in order to own a dog you should have a setup like a professional dog breeder? :dunno:

403Gemini
05-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

lol, if somebody shot my dog with a pellet gun, id throw a rock through their window.

Check mate.

Eleanor
05-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Put a dead dog on your front lawn to serve as an example to the other dogs :dunno:

nonlinear
05-29-2009, 11:29 AM

So pretty much in order to own a dog you should have a setup like a professional dog breeder? :dunno:

as I said, people living in cheap, cookie cutter subdivisions shouldn't have dogs. yea, i may not seriously beleive that, and i may just be trying to rile you up, but seriously, dogs need space and a square of 2'x2' square of grass just doesn't cut it.

move to old banff coach road or bearspaw if you want a dog.

B4tMan
05-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by radioactivesago
I saw this wigga with 3 dogs dumping all over ...

I lold

cloud7
05-29-2009, 11:48 AM
on a related topic, how do you get your neighbour's kids off you lawn? do you spray water at them? shoot them with a BB gun? what can you do? I have asked them to get off my lawn nicely but as you know with kids... you tell them to not do something, they'll do it more.

Hakkola
05-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I have deer shit and rabbit shit on my lawn. No dog shit though.

You should have seen my backyard during the winter. We get so many deer, the yard was covered in shit pellets and it was almost impossible to walk without stepping in it. The yard was half shit, no word of a lie. I don't even know how its possible.

5hift
05-29-2009, 12:24 PM

as I said, people living in cheap, cookie cutter subdivisions shouldn't have dogs. yea, i may not seriously beleive that, and i may just be trying to rile you up, but seriously, dogs need space and a square of 2'x2' square of grass just doesn't cut it.

move to old banff coach road or bearspaw if you want a dog.

How could you be trying to rile me up when you posted that before I posted anything in the thread?

You just continue to show how clueless you are in pretty much all aspects.

I live in a "cookie cutter" condo complex where I dont even have my own patch of grass. I run my dog through the nearby park every morning, and walk him through it every night. He eats better than most people do, and spends the rest of his day just sleeping around. I dont really see that as a bad quality of life for the dog, in fact I know its better than a lot of dogs with huge yards/etc. Its also not really a hassle for me or any responsbile dog owner to pick up my dog's shit when its on private property or somewhere public.

Its funny you mention Old Banff Coach road ... My parents still live on a acreage (sp?) community in Springbank just off that. Most the neighbours there have dogs and most the dogs are in dog runs/tired up/outside by themselves all day. Yeah their owners probably dont have to pick up there shit, but the dogs have horrible lives, despite living in huge forested yards.

The size of the yard has nothing to do with it, its the owner.

AndyL
05-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Ok so I'm not the only one with this issue... Last house before the friggin park... Goddamn it! Yes I have dogs, but I clean up after them...

I'm really starting to think motion sensor to 24vac sprinkler valve... Dogs don't mind getting wet - owners just love wet dogs & clean houses :)

Maybe it's time to raid the parts shelf...

cancer man
05-30-2009, 04:02 AM
Nothing like the smell of fresh Dogshit in the morning.

Canmorite
05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Flick it onto the sidewalk.

Or: http://www.allsignsco.com/nopoop.html?gclid=CIGSnbKI5ZoCFR0Sagodqi7PBw

pinoyhero
05-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by radioactivesago
It's really shitty to see all the dog feces lying around your lawn when you don't even own a dog yourself. :banghead:

What have you done to deal with this sort of problem?

If the normal course of personal reminder doesn't work, try to get on cam and call a bylaw officer.

Z_Fan
05-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah this pisses me off when I'm mowing the front lawn and there is a big heaping pile of dog shit. Can't blame the dogs. They need to go. It's the stupid fucking owners that are the problem. So if your master plan was to shoot the dogs with pellets, next time shoot the owner in the ass.

Sugarphreak
07-10-2011, 09:22 PM

MyMan23
07-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Has anyone seen the phenomenon where the owner will bag the dog shit, then leave the bag sitting on the sidewalk.

Its like they expect the shit fairy to come along and collect it.

sillysod
07-10-2011, 10:10 PM
I just went to Lowes and bought 2 rolls of sod and spent the day cutting out sections of dead piss grass and replacing it with new sod.

I have owned a few dogs in my time but it seems there are more and more shitty owners with shitty animals pissing and shitting on everyones stuff.

I feel your pain Sugarphreak.

I have yet to see someone do the shit bag on the sidewalk, the the park by my parents house garbage cans are completely full of dog shit all the time making you have to hold your breath whenever you walk past one.

ekguy
07-10-2011, 10:14 PM
i see it alot in fishcreek.

Pretty stupid to see bags of shit on the trails while biking...

J-hop
07-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by MyMan23
Has anyone seen the phenomenon where the owner will bag the dog shit, then leave the bag sitting on the sidewalk.

Its like they expect the shit fairy to come along and collect it.

hahaha, yea although i've never seen the phenomenon in action i've seen the after shock, every once in a while there will be a little baggy at the corner of our property tucked under one of the fur trees so if you don't check you get free fertilizer when you go to mow your lawn and stray to close to the tree. I wish some dog owners would get their prissy, mocha drinking heads out of their asses and realize that is not cool.

Deer and rabbit shit is WAY different don't even try to compare. Have people ever actually looked at deer or rabbit poop?? its 90% indigestible remains of grass so it breaks down quickly and honestly isn't that gross to get on you. Dog shit on the other hand sticks around forever, doesn't break down nicely and stinks for a long time after its been dropped unlike rabbit and deer poop which loses its scent quickly and isn't as potent in the first place.

AE92_TreunoSC
07-10-2011, 10:28 PM
My dog wont shit in my backyard so I have to walk him. (I'm about to in 10 minutes)

I always encourage my dog to squat on boulevards or parks. I rarely let him do his duty on a neighbors front yard.

I always see dog bags on the sidewalk and other dogs shit.

I can forgive stray dogs dropping bombs, but when owners ignore it they deserve shit smeared on their doors lol.

eblend
07-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Got a camera recording my front lawn as part of my security system....waiting for the first shit to show up like it did a bunch last year..will be fun

sillysod
07-10-2011, 10:35 PM
always reminds me of

http://bcmoney-mobiletv.com/view/444/snl-dog-lawyer-will-ferrell/

HuMz
07-10-2011, 11:12 PM
The neighbors 2 houses down used to let there dog out without a leash all the time to allow it to shit all over the neighborhood. So one morning I collected the 5 or so piles of shit and put it on there front step...didn't see a pile of shit after that.

I have a female dog and never allow her to shit/piss on neighbors lawns. It sucks because my lawn is pretty much all dead now but its a price you pay for owning a dog.

Sugarphreak
07-10-2011, 11:25 PM