PDA

View Full Version : World Rally Championship

4wheeldrift
10-27-2003, 07:58 AM
It's gonna be down to the wire. Top three drivers are seperated by only one point, and Richard Burns could still pull something out of his hat if some of his rivals suffer misfortune in great britain. Very exciting, hasn't been a season this close in awhile :D

Superesc
10-27-2003, 10:16 AM
I voted for Petter, but I have a feeling Loeb will win.

Rexxrally
10-27-2003, 10:42 AM
Sainz and Burns have won the event before multiple times, and have lots of experience at it. But Burns is now too far back in the points. He would have to win GB, and have the other 3 guys all finish something like 5th or worse in order to take the championship. Not likely.........

So, I think Sainz will take it. He's got a good car, and lots of experience. He's also got a whole bagful of calm cool under pressure.......

If his car makes it the last 100 yards of the last stage, he'll do just fine. I tell you, it was almost deja-vu watching his car die on the last stage of Catalunya last night. I'm sure it brought back horrible memories for him, too.........

Superesc
10-27-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Rexxrally

If his car makes it the last 100 yards of the last stage, he'll do just fine. I tell you, it was almost deja-vu watching his car die on the last stage of Catalunya last night. I'm sure it brought back horrible memories for him, too.........

yea that sucked... only a few mile to go and the car died... My hope is that the GB event would rain again :D Go Petter!!

Rexxrally
10-27-2003, 10:53 AM
For those of you who don't remember, in 1998, at the Rally GB, Carlos Sainz was on his way to win the WRC. He just had to finish the last stage, and it was his.

His car died about 100 yards from the stage finish, as a result of an underhood fire. The last 100 yards was uphill on muddy dirt, so there was no way for him to push it to the finish line.

In frustration, Carlos threw his helmet through the back window of the Toyota Corolla...........

hjr
10-27-2003, 10:56 AM
damn corolla's. always breaking down and sucking in general. hehe, just kidding. this is adam, with the 510. DATSUNS RULE!!!

I think Petter has a chance too. he did win it last year. its more likely though that sainz will come out on top.

alloroc
10-27-2003, 11:13 AM
If it's dry I give the win to Sainz, if it is going to be wet I give the win to Solberg

Anyone else wonder where the hell Loeb's head was in Spain? Picking slicks to run when there is 3mm of rain on the road was absolutly moronic. I think he's cracking under the pressure.

Superesc
10-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by alloroc
If it's dry I give the win to Sainz, if it is going to be wet I give the win to Solberg

Anyone else wonder where the hell Loeb's head was in Spain? Picking slicks to run when there is 3mm of rain on the road was absolutly moronic. I think he's cracking under the pressure.

well everyone had the rain cut slicks, while he had the harder compound tires... He should've follow Panzzni's choice.

hjr
10-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by alloroc

Anyone else wonder where the hell Loeb's head was in Spain? Picking slicks to run when there is 3mm of rain on the road was absolutly moronic. I think he's cracking under the pressure. are you sure you know what your talking about? He went with full wets. everyone did, he just used the wrong compound because he didnt know michellin had another available. Thats why panizzi was fast, he had the right compound.

Altezza
10-27-2003, 11:33 AM
Solberg all the way...

alloroc
10-27-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by hjr
are you sure you know what your talking about? He went with full wets. everyone did, he just used the wrong compound because he didnt know michellin had another available. Thats why panizzi was fast, he had the right compound.

No he went with Michelin cut hard compound cut slick <not full wet. Solberg went with full wet pirelli. Sainz and panizzi actually went with a winter compound cut slick. The only one I am not sure of is Burns I 'think' he went with the michelin full wet.

Why wouldn't he know there is another compound available? This is what I mean. You would think he would know all the options. I would have asked my crew 'what are my options?' He made a rash decision under pressure. I don't think he has mastered the 'cool' it takes to go the distance. It just seems odd. They ran in the rain in France after running there with all the deliberations the teams faced and discussions on tire types you would think he would have picked up on some of the conversations going on around him.

hjr
10-27-2003, 12:13 PM
that is what he said in a window interview. He wasnt awair another choice was available. Its from his mouth. if he was lying, ok, but im sure not. But in the end i guess we are saying the same thing. He didnt realize he could go on cut winter compound slicks. Agreed?

gpomp
10-27-2003, 12:29 PM
I think Loeb should be able to win since the Xsara is really dominating this year and he should be able to beat Sainz if his car stays in one piece. But Solberg winning the championship would be pretty cool seeing how he's been pulling wins out of nowhere lately and Pirelli wet tires seem to work pretty good...

4wheeldrift
10-27-2003, 01:06 PM
If solberg goes all out i think he's got a chance. He won the event last year after a phenomenal drive, and rally GB is one of his favorite events. This years evolution of the Impreza WRC is one of the best in recent memory and it has excellent potential. GB is typically really wet and muddy which will give the pirelli's the edge. But Sainz and Burns both have excellent knowledge of the rally as well, the peugeots can still be terrors on gravel and the Xsara has proven quick all year. Its gonna be an interesting rally :D

Rexxrally
10-27-2003, 05:14 PM
Its gonna be an interesting rally :D

THERE'S the understatement of the year. It's going to be one of the most incredible displays of driving talent and flat out balls-to-the-wall guts the WRC has not seen in a long time.

1 rally - winner takes all (the whole year's championship). 3 guys are going to be driving 125% over their heads for 3 days in the gravel and most likely rain and muck. You're going to see things that are not normally done in an automobile.

It's going to be INCREDIBLE! I can't wait. BRING IT ON!!!

92 Teg-B18A
10-27-2003, 06:34 PM
Loeb's on a hot streak this year!
Citroen is doing awesome!

Rexxrally
11-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Richard Burns has pulled out of the Rally GB, because he fainted, and the doctors are trying to find out why.

So, it's down to Loeb, Sainz and Solberg for the title. Recce starts tomorrow. Here we go!

The rally will be on Speed for 2 hours on Sunday at 7PM and again at 11PM. Don't miss it! This is going to be the most fierce competition in the WRC in a LOOOOOONG time.......................

4wheeldrift
11-05-2003, 01:05 PM
Richard Burns has pulled out of the Rally GB, because he fainted, and the doctors are trying to find out why.

So, it's down to Loeb, Sainz and Solberg for the title. Recce starts tomorrow. Here we go!

The rally will be on Speed for 2 hours on Sunday at 7PM and again at 11PM. Don't miss it! This is going to be the most fierce competition in the WRC in a LOOOOOONG time....................... Freddy Loix will be driving a peugeot in Burn's place. I'll be watching the scores roll in as best I can live on the internet ;)

Rexxrally
11-05-2003, 02:59 PM
I'm going to be avoiding people like you all day, because I'm at the Kananaskis Rally all day, and taping the rally to watch it when I get home Sunday night..............

4wheeldrift
11-05-2003, 06:35 PM
I'm going to be avoiding people like you all day, because I'm at the Kananaskis Rally all day, and taping the rally to watch it when I get home Sunday night.............. I'll be scoring for kananaskis ;) But the first thing I'm doing when I get myself back from booneyland is hopping on the internet and finding out who won ;) And then I'll watch the highlights :D

That.Guy.S30
11-05-2003, 07:03 PM
my vote goes to petter.

fast95pony
11-07-2003, 01:35 PM
Carlos !! I like Petter , but I bet he gets a tad too excited..
Carlos knows what it takes to win a championship.

That.Guy.S30
11-09-2003, 01:55 PM
woooooo hoooooo and petter takes it.. hahahaha what a comeback!!!

4wheeldrift
11-09-2003, 11:10 PM
Petter 0wnZ j00

alloroc
11-10-2003, 08:53 AM
Wet and slippery just the way Petter likes it.

hahahaa

I feel sorry for Sainz and Grunholm though.

That bit where Grunholm was pleaing with the cop to let him go was hilarious.

yakish
11-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Superesc

yea that sucked... only a few mile to go and the car died... My hope is that the GB event would rain again :D Go Petter!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Superesc
11-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Glad Petter took the win, but was kinda disappointed at Citeron for pressuring Loeb to take it easy... Would've been a more intense battle if there wasn't that stress on him.