PDA

View Full Version : Russian girl raised by dogs

01RedDX
05-28-2009, 11:33 AM

Tarrantula
05-28-2009, 11:39 AM
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!

Dude, this is totally awesome. I wonder if she can communicate with animals!? ha ha im totally joking, but it would be funny to talk to her in 5 years about her expirence.

bubbley
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
:( wow just wow

wes_v
05-28-2009, 12:07 PM
They should make a movie about thus girl :rofl:

slick2404
05-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
:( wow just wow :werd:

Tik-Tok
05-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
it would be funny to talk to her in 5 years about her expirence.

Sadly, she may never be able to talk now, they've found very little success in teaching kids how to talk, if they haven't learned in their very early years.

3g4u
05-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Sad

flipstah
05-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Sadly, she may never be able to talk now, they've found very little success in teaching kids how to talk, if they haven't learned in their very early years.

Maybe not today but one day, hopefully she'll be able to speak and can tell about her days hanging out with dogs and cats.

n1zm0
05-28-2009, 03:04 PM
iirc there has been more than one of these cases of feral children in former soviet republics, i think one was a little boy and he couldnt stand anymore, was too used to be on all fours. crazy concept how wolves and dogs take them as one of their own instead of eating them or w/e.

cycosis
05-28-2009, 03:06 PM
I think I read somewhere that that portion of the brain that controls speech etc is undeveloped as it was stimulkated for 5 years of her life so I doubt she will ever learn to speak fully.

rumeo
05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
3 years in jail is not enough

rage2
05-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Note to Sorath: This doesn't mean you can bang her doggy style.

beyondpinoy
05-28-2009, 04:02 PM
^^ DOGGY STYLE!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nismodrifter
05-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by cycosis
I think I read somewhere that that portion of the brain that controls speech etc is undeveloped as it was stimulkated for 5 years of her life so I doubt she will ever learn to speak fully.

Pretty much true.

She's missed a whole bunch of important developmental milestones involving things like speech, human interaction, gender identity, motor skills etc. There are some things that need to happen at a certain time, and sadly..she's missed out on a whole bunch of that stuff.

Pretty messed up case.

flipstah
05-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

Pretty much true.

She's missed a whole bunch of important developmental milestones involving things like speech, human interaction, gender identity, motor skills etc. There are some things that need to happen at a certain time, and sadly..she's missed out on a whole bunch of that stuff.

Pretty messed up case.

Are the effects reversible? I don't think so unfortunately...

98type_r
05-28-2009, 04:36 PM
^ nope
those areas of the brain that passed the milestones and weren't utilized essentially shut down.

There was a story a while back about a girl who was raised to her early teens without human interaction. They could teach her words and very elementary communication skills. Grammer and even simple conversation skills is something she couldn't ever grasp.

SCHIDER23
05-28-2009, 05:29 PM
:werd: Poor Girl :(

chkolny541
05-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

Pretty much true.

Pretty messed up case.

i would also kinda disagree here, she is really young and the brain itself is really quite "plastic" still at her young age. and in the article is also stated

Experts hope Natasha can recover with intensive education.
which i would likely agree with

soupey
05-28-2009, 06:04 PM
hmm well she wasn ttotally deprived of language skills, she had some sort of communication witht he animals, which is better than nothing, im sure she'll be able to develop rudimentary language skills, they say shes only developed to the extent of a two yr old, so shes borderlining the edge of plasticity for learning language, with intensive educational training they might be able to bring her quite far, only time will tell tho.

torob
05-28-2009, 06:29 PM
I read about this somewhere else, she had some sort of interaction with humans apparently, but preferred it with animals...