PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Archie Comic book?

spikerS
05-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Guess what, after almost a century of fighting, the eternal teenagers are finally getting married.

Archie is set to propose to......

Veronica!

To mark the 600th issue of Archie, publisher Archie Comics is releasing "Archie Gets Married Part 1: The Proposal." In the 600th issue, Archie will be marrying Veronica.

This summer, Archie #600 features Archie marrying Veronica in a storyline that looks at the gang after they graduate college. It’s written by Michael Uslan (producer of many superhero movies) and drawn by Stan Goldberg, who’s been drawing Archie for almost 40 years.

Reportedly, this is only part 1 of a six-part storyline that will also show what would happen if Archie married Betty. Archie #600 is due out August 12.
Sources: http://comicsworthreading.com/2009/04/18/archie-gets-married/

Tik-Tok
05-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Dumbass. Veronica is the type you fuck and use for high end dinners.

Should have stuck with Betty.... or just kept playing them both.

Mr. Burns
05-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Veronica's a cunt. Betty is where it's at.

Kennyredline
05-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

True that. Why the hell would he piss off Betty, and lose her as a fallback (for an affair, or if the marriage falls apart), and then get saddled with just one woman?

TDFTW
05-28-2009, 09:12 PM
I can't believe what I am reading you guys post......

adam c
05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
issue 601.. archie files for bankruptcy and divorce

Trini
05-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

:werd: :werd:

XylathaneGTR
05-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Maybe afterall, Archie is just in it for the money?

I was reading a new Archie Comic @ a doctors office last month...I love how they added in a new "Black Friend." Literally...the gang is still moose, Jughead, Midge, Betty, Veronica, Reggie and that nerdy guy, but they've got some new black guy that's part of the regular cast now, too.
wtf?

kertejud2
05-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Isn't Veronica a billionaire? I say Archie made a good choice.

sputnik
05-29-2009, 07:43 AM
neither... Midge is where its at!

5000Audi
05-29-2009, 07:59 AM
wait till issue 700... ARCHIES BIG AFFAIR WITH BETTY

w_man
05-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
I was reading a new Archie Comic @ a doctors office last month...

It's ok to admit that you have a regular subscription :)

5000Audi
05-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by w_man

It's ok to admit that you have a regular subscription :)

haha ill admit it, i buy a new archie mag like once a month for the times im in "the office"

Gainsbarre
05-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Maybe afterall, Archie is just in it for the money?

I was reading a new Archie Comic @ a doctors office last month...I love how they added in a new "Black Friend." Literally...the gang is still moose, Jughead, Midge, Betty, Veronica, Reggie and that nerdy guy, but they've got some new black guy that's part of the regular cast now, too.
wtf?

You're not talking about Chuck Clayton, are you? He's the athletic guy who draws cartoons. He also has this girlfriend named Nancy (forget her last name...I haven't read an Archie comic since the early 1990's), who is also black. His dad is the coach at Riverdale High ("Floyd Clayton", If I recall correctly), along with Coach Kleats. Chuck's been around since the 1970's...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/657736-chuckcltn_large.png

XylathaneGTR
05-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre

You're not talking about Chuck Clayton, are you? He's the athletic guy who draws cartoons. He also has this girlfriend named Nancy (forget her last name...I haven't read an Archie comic since the early 1990's), who is also black. His dad is the coach at Riverdale High ("Floyd Clayton", If I recall correctly), along with Coach Kleats. Chuck's been around since the 1970's...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/657736-chuckcltn_large.png

I do not believe so, no. I don't really recall him much from my archie reading days of the Early 90's.

The specific comic I was reading at the office involved "The Riverdale Group" on some sort of class trip through certain parts of Europe, and they were being tailed by nefarious characters who were up to no good and it ended up all falling onto Archie and the Gang to unravel the bad guys mysterious plot and save the world, or something...I didn't get to finish because my doctor called me in to see him :( I thought about stealing the comic as I left...but it was an optometrist appointment and he gave me the 'ol pupil dilating eyedrops and I couldn't focus on anything that was less than 5 feet from my face.

Anywho, all the usual gang was in Paris (the scene for this comic.) Mr. Weatherbee, Ms. Grundy, Archie, Reggie, Jughead, Moose, Midge, Betty, Veronica and this random black guy with curly hair. He was as much a gang as the rest of them.

w_man
05-29-2009, 09:45 AM
I thought about stealing the comic as I left...but it was an optometrist appointment and he gave me the 'ol pupil dilating eyedrops and I couldn't focus on anything that was less than 5 feet from my face.

nice!! :rofl:

ronaldo
05-29-2009, 12:00 PM
:rofl: hes just in it for the money

Adrenaline101
05-29-2009, 04:29 PM
They need to let some Japanese hentai artists get ahold of the archie comics and see what kind of fucked up shit they come up with. Altho seeing as this is the internet, there is probably an hardcore sex archie comic online somewhere.

Spoons
05-29-2009, 04:33 PM
NOOO Archie, don't do it man!

Issue #606? Veronica catches Archie cheating with Betty.

95teetee
05-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Spoons
NOOO Archie, don't do it man!

Issue #606? Archie catches Veronica cheating with Betty.
fixed:poosie: