PDA

View Full Version : need iphone help

ajooo
05-28-2009, 11:42 PM
hi,

i am looking for someone to jailbreak my iphone 3g which is locked to fido.

it has been updated to 2.2.1, and i want to downgrade it to 2.2 and downgrade my baseband to 2.28.00 so i am able to unlock it with yellowsn0w (so i can use it with my rogers sim card)

if someone can please help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

ajooo
05-28-2009, 11:44 PM
accidently put this in the entertainment section. if a mod can please move it to the approriate section. thank you.

rage2
05-29-2009, 03:11 AM
Fuji did my phone for me, but if I remember right...

1. Jailbreak
2. Install 3GBBD http://iphoneindia.gyanin.com/tag/3gbbd/ this will downgrade the baseband.
3. Once it's downgraded, install yellowsn0w.

I've noticed some odd behavior once a week with my yellowsn0w unlocked phone in Europe and India (Vodafone, Movistar, Airtel sims). Once in a while (about once a week), the phone reboots and when it tries to find a signal, it skips the "searching" part, and it basically gets stuck on no signal. What you have to do it go to airplane mode then back a few times, if that doesn't work, pop in your original sim, reboot the phone, and it should come back. Then, you replace the sim with the local sim.

Something to remember... because I was stuck in a small european town for 4 hours where nobody spoke english and my phone didn't work, which was fucking sketchy lol.