PDA

View Full Version : Poreshe loses control smokes a light post!



mikey008
05-29-2009, 12:43 AM
So I work at Calgary Honda! Approx. 7:30ish today May 28th....there's this Poreshe merging "Right" on the off ramp onto Anderson East from Macleod Trail North.

Dude loses control.....slides sideways, smokes a light poll and into the ditch. Lucky for him he walked outta it unharmed! But for the Poreshe....not so lucky!

If it were to hit a couple inches towards the middle of the car, then it would of been a different outcome!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/mikey_008/Untitled-1.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/mikey_008/IMG00603.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/mikey_008/IMG00604.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/mikey_008/IMG00605.jpg

B20EF
05-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Damn thats pretty close to his head. That Porsche is done for.

foreverchina
05-29-2009, 12:49 AM
lucky there was a slight hill or else it wouldve crashed into those new cars

nismodrifter
05-29-2009, 01:15 AM
Shiet, car is totally PWNT.

Them wheels are mega $$$

InLoveWitRSX
05-29-2009, 01:27 AM
haha brutal...just came from that turn 5 minutes ago... I drive on that turn everyday and its pretty fun... guess he took it too hard.

Cody D
05-29-2009, 01:46 AM
It's really sad to see such a beautiful 930 crashed like that.

buh_buh
05-29-2009, 02:04 AM
the widowmaker strikes again

Ven
05-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Damn, that's a huge loss. Another one to the scrap yard. :( Glad the guy is OK though.

Neil4Speed
05-29-2009, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
the widowmaker strikes again

Exactly what I thought!

Poor guy though, thats a rough situation.

rage2
05-29-2009, 06:56 AM
lift throttle oversteer. Mastering a 930 has always been a dream of mine haha.

frozenrice
05-29-2009, 07:02 AM
LOL, is that guy in the suit a salesman? "Excuse me sir, looks like you could use a new car......"

Too bad about the car, those older Porches are known for oversteer because of it's rear engine layout. Hope the guy is okay and that things work out for him.

R-Audi
05-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Wonder what Junkyard/Auction that bad boy is going to... I love those wheels! (Cue the vultures!)

5000Audi
05-29-2009, 08:08 AM
ouchie...

what a douche for killing a sweet car

stardotstar
05-29-2009, 08:10 AM
ah so that's what was going on when I drove by last night. I saw some guys from Honda taking pictures LOL

Aleks
05-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
LOL, is that guy in the suit a salesman? "Excuse me sir, looks like you could use a new car......"


:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tomaz
05-29-2009, 08:22 AM
I call dibs on those rims!

Really shitty situation.

Mr_ET
05-29-2009, 08:32 AM
I live in the area and see him driving that car often on the weekends, he pretty much drives it like a douche always giving it short bursts of acceleration everywhere.

Really sad to see this one go as it was very nice, I just wish it could have been owned by someone who knows how to drive properly.

Doozer
05-29-2009, 08:38 AM
:thumbsup: Now this is a quality "spotted" thread. Good quality pictures, and even a map. Nice work OP.

As far as the car ... ouch. That was a solid hit. It looked like a car that was well taken care of too.

Well, until yesterday.

EDIT: ^^ Just saw ET's post .. maybe it only LOOKED like it was well taken care of...

scat19
05-29-2009, 09:03 AM
At least no other car/person was involved. His own fault, his own damage.

As for the car, really nice color imo and a shame really.

richardchan2002
05-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by foreverchina
lucky there was a slight hill or else it wouldve crashed into those new cars

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if it was deliberate on Calgary Honda's side. If so, that's some excellent foresight.


I still don't see how it happened. There was no bend in the road where he started going sideways. Looks pretty straight to me.

TorqueDog
05-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Poor car. :(

Redlyne_mr2
05-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Damn what a crappy start to the summer for that guy. Those 930s are hard to find and arent cheap.

Mibz
05-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
LOL, is that guy in the suit a salesman? "Excuse me sir, looks like you could use a new car......&quot LOLed so hard.

Ashkente
05-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Cody D
It's really sad to see such a beautiful 930 crashed like that.

Agree. :cry: At least the dude looks ok.

sk8r3124
05-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I live in the area, and I have driven that on-ramp hundreds of times. This guy must have been doing something really stupid, cause its a wide and easy turn. Even at high speeds. Probably can credit it to his Douche driving habits.
I drove by it yesterday, and I will admit, for the first time in a while, I definitely rubbernecked. hahaha (only because you don't normally see a porsche in the ditch).

EK 2.0
05-29-2009, 11:04 AM
PORSCHE

Kloubek
05-29-2009, 11:10 AM
These turbo Porsches do indeed have wild rear ends. But as has been said, and as we can see in the bird's eye view, that is not a difficult curve to negotiate. He must have been accellerating the hell out of it to lose control like that.

Glad he's ok - but maybe now he'll learn not to be such a douche.

VWbloke
05-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002


I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if it was deliberate on Calgary Honda's side. If so, that's some excellent foresight.


I still don't see how it happened. There was no bend in the road where he started going sideways. Looks pretty straight to me.

When you suddenly lift off the throttle in those cars the weight transfer sends the tail out. They're quite the Jekyl and Hyde car (or more commonly referred to as the Widowmaker)! The trick with these cars is to brake hard before the corner and then keep on the throttle right through it without lifting.

He was probably cooking it through the bend when he started to understeer and then lifted causing him to spin on the straight section.

Shame to see such a nice example clobbered.

signature7
05-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
LOL, is that guy in the suit a salesman? "Excuse me sir, looks like you could use a new car......"
.

LOL'd for real. Flawless execution.

cloud7
05-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Could have been a lot of reasons why the driver crashed... lift throttle oversteer could be one of the contributing reason... may be it was an unexpected reaction to the gravel that are still all over our roads... sad to see for sure.

richardchan2002
05-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by VWbloke


When you suddenly lift off the throttle in those cars the weight transfer sends the tail out. They're quite the Jekyl and Hyde car (or more commonly referred to as the Widowmaker)! The trick with these cars is to brake hard before the corner and then keep on the throttle right through it without lifting.

He was probably cooking it through the bend when he started to understeer and then lifted causing him to spin on the straight section.

Shame to see such a nice example clobbered.

That explanation makes sense. Seems almost similar to a 4WD - on my quad there were times I needed to stay on the throttle to maintain traction in corners.

soobad
05-29-2009, 01:09 PM
I remember parking beside this exact car by the canyon meadow theatres before. Really nice car... well, it was...

I feel for the guy, and to all the idiots who are calling him a "douche"... you don't buy a 930 to drive like a grandmother, and if you did, you would be the douche.

Nice summer day, nobody around him obviously -- shit happens.

luv2ride_bikes
05-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by soobad
I remember parking beside this exact car by the canyon meadow theatres before. Really nice car... well, it was...

I feel for the guy, and to all the idiots who are calling him a "douche"... you don't buy a 930 to drive like a grandmother, and if you did, you would be the douche.

Nice summer day, nobody around him obviously -- shit happens.
Well it sure looks like he was driving like a douche, to wipe out like that on dry pavement. Maybe he is a shitty driver who can't handle his 930.

I'm glad he didn't get hurt.

JTC180
05-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Im glad he didnt hurt any innocent driver or pedestrian.

rage2
05-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by luv2ride_bikes
Well it sure looks like he was driving like a douche, to wipe out like that on dry pavement. Maybe he is a shitty driver who can't handle his 930.

I'm glad he didn't get hurt.
I'd like to see you handle a 930 on drive pavement. :rolleyes:

You don't have to go fast to lose control in a 930. It's the most bizarre handling car that anyone who's never experienced every situation in that car will probably crash it. They don't call it the widowmaker for nothing.

Shlade
05-29-2009, 03:57 PM
wow....
thats one hell of a crash
sucks for the car....

TheCheff
05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
What year is that 930??? No airbags looks like he smoked that bump pretty hard... went a ft into the ground

TorqueDog
05-29-2009, 04:50 PM
930s were built from 1978 to 1989, so I don't believe they ever came with airbags.

dino_martini
05-29-2009, 05:30 PM
I've been taken for a 'spirited' ride in a 930 Slantnose. Slick car. I have always loved Porsche's. Sad end for this one I suppose.

mikey008
05-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
LOL, is that guy in the suit a salesman? "Excuse me sir, looks like you could use a new car......"



Yeah guy in the suit is my fellow sales associate! He basically saw the whole thing. The guy in the middle pic with the cell phone is the driver! While I was taking pics, he was calling to his wife letting her know that he was okay!

I don't think he was too happy with me taking picutres of his accident!

mikey008
05-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Doozer
:thumbsup: Now this is a quality "spotted" thread. Good quality pictures, and even a map. Nice work OP.

As far as the car ... ouch. That was a solid hit. It looked like a car that was well taken care of too.

Well, until yesterday.

EDIT: ^^ Just saw ET's post .. maybe it only LOOKED like it was well taken care of...

Thanks dude! Soon as I saw it I whipped out the cell phone! I had to take pics.....i see cars rip up the off ramp everyday at high speeds....so it was matter of time till someone wipes out!!

rockanrepublic
05-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Slow In Fast Out. Gotta keep the mantra in mind.

anyways poor guy he must be devastated in the emotional sence.

Pacman
05-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Back in the 80's, Porsche paid out millions in a lawsuit to a widow who's hubby died in a 930 with the lift throttle oversteer. The lawyer claimed the 930 was too hard to drive and Porsche lost. Not long after, Porsche started offering free driving courses to new buyers of 930's.

TC2002
05-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
I live in the area and see him driving that car often on the weekends, he pretty much drives it like a douche always giving it short bursts of acceleration everywhere.

Really sad to see this one go as it was very nice, I just wish it could have been owned by someone who knows how to drive properly.


:werd:

Well, it caught up to him. Glad no one else got hurt as a result of his incompetence.

CMW403
05-30-2009, 11:44 AM
ones of my dads close friends has a 930, geez their nice. i drove it once, not like a maniac, but its an amazing car. i think the throttle oversteer hypothesis is probably true.

OP, everytime you spell porsche i cringe:banghead:

badatusrnames
05-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I'd like to see you handle a 930 on drive pavement. :rolleyes:

You don't have to go fast to lose control in a 930. It's the most bizarre handling car that anyone who's never experienced every situation in that car will probably crash it. They don't call it the widowmaker for nothing.

:werd: these cars were/are notorious for being difficult to handle...

sxtasy
05-31-2009, 12:13 AM
I drove my dads 89 from Calgary to Victoria, definitely put the car to the test and really didn't find it very difficult to drive. Upgraded cam and turbo too :dunno:

Shame to see this beauty crashed though:facepalm:

FiveFreshFish
05-31-2009, 01:59 AM
Found some "before" pics.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_img_10910.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/img_1091-0.jpg) http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_img_10940.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/img_1094-0.jpg) http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_img_00410.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/img_0041-0.jpg) http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_930headers0.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/930headers-0.jpg)

sxtasy
05-31-2009, 03:14 AM
wow RIP

Power_Of_Rotary
05-31-2009, 04:15 AM
nice cars are hard rare...idiot drivers are everywhere...

sometimes i pick the cars life over the drivers...sometimes..haha jokes

Tilly
05-31-2009, 04:28 PM
that is one beautiful turbo. a moment of silence.

962 kid
05-31-2009, 04:32 PM
I know that car pretty well, it was a beautiful example of a 930. I hope the owner came away from the crash alright.

scat19
06-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Found some "before" pics.

Wow! Great color and condition. Nice plate too.

bundi
06-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by soobad
I remember parking beside this exact car by the canyon meadow theatres before. Really nice car... well, it was...

I feel for the guy, and to all the idiots who are calling him a "douche"... you don't buy a 930 to drive like a grandmother, and if you did, you would be the douche.

Nice summer day, nobody around him obviously -- shit happens.

^^
:werd:

That sucks, luckily nobody is hurt... shit happens things definitely could have been worse.

mr2mike
06-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by rage2
lift throttle oversteer. Mastering a 930 has always been a dream of mine haha.

I almost want to take a driving school just to be put through all the obscure driving conditions like lift throttle oversteer or snap oversteer.

If it was Blue and a 911SC, I'd have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Saturday... Mmm kay.

http://b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00237/07/49/237969470_s.jpg

Swank
06-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I drove that exact car last year. While I've never driven any other exotic type car like that before or since, I can say that it was a most amaaaaazing experience. Nice and calm when you want it to be, but when your foot says it's go time, it obeys 10 fold. I didn't drive it gingerly either, I figured I probably would have very few chances with a car like that, so I let 'er rip!

The previous owner of this car is my g/f's ex step dad. Before he sold it last year he let me take it for a nice long cruise. He's been in contact with the current owner (Rick) about the crash, and despite some bruises he's alright, but if I'm sad to see this car gone then he must be beyond devastated!

SpoonDC2R
06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
ouch! poor car!

urban.one
06-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I dont know too much about the 930... This goes back a few years but was this the kind of car Pelle Lindbergh crashed?

http://www.iihf.com/typo3temp/pics/271b185e90.jpg

FiveFreshFish
06-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Some more "after" pics.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_driversidefront0.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/driversidefront-0.jpg) http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_rear0.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/rear-0.jpg) http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_passsidefront0.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/passsidefront-0.jpg) http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_passsiderear0.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/passsiderear-0.jpg)

911fever
06-01-2009, 03:05 PM
ouch RIP

Pacman
06-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
I dont know too much about the 930... This goes back a few years but was this the kind of car Pelle Lindbergh crashed?

http://www.iihf.com/typo3temp/pics/271b185e90.jpg

Yes, but his was a 930 "S" which had the slantnose and some other tricked out parts.

mikey008
06-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Some more "after" pics.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_driversidefront0.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/driversidefront-0.jpg) http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_rear0.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/rear-0.jpg) http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_passsidefront0.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/passsidefront-0.jpg) http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/thumb_passsiderear0.jpg (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/6/8/9/179923/passsiderear-0.jpg)

Damn....didn't think this particular car would have such a history and well known status!:cry:

Krayzie7m
06-08-2009, 08:27 AM
:( I hate to see such a nice car that had been taken care of end like that

GQBalla
06-08-2009, 08:59 AM
ouch

Redlyne_mr2
06-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Hmm I wonder why it's at the impound lot?

Kennyredline
06-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Hmm I wonder why it's at the impound lot?
Pending charges?

scat19
06-08-2009, 12:14 PM
careless driving? Too fast for conditions?

racerjim
06-12-2009, 06:45 PM
this car is now sitting at calgary salvage disposal pending sale at auction.

PS all cars from accidents end up at the impound unless the owner has somewhere to take it.

r3ccOs
06-13-2009, 05:30 AM
dyyyylan what have you done?

Jay911
06-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by mikey008


Yeah guy in the suit is my fellow sales associate! He basically saw the whole thing. The guy in the middle pic with the cell phone is the driver! While I was taking pics, he was calling to his wife letting her know that he was okay!

I don't think he was too happy with me taking picutres of his accident!

"Once I talk with your insurance adjuster, we'll know more, but I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to get just about enough trade-in value to cover, say, a Camry Hybrid..."

Tuner1
06-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by rage2
lift throttle oversteer. Mastering a 930 has always been a dream of mine haha.

Then you should buy my 930 and start your training :D

Maybe this other 930 guy wants to buy a new car!

Cody D
06-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Tuner1
Then you should buy my 930 and start your training :D

Maybe this other 930 guy wants to buy a new car!

You're crazy, after all the time, effort and cash put into that car I can't believe you'd sell it.

Tuner1
06-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Cody D


You're crazy, after all the time, effort and cash put into that car I can't believe you'd sell it.

That makes two of us.....but there is another car on the horizon that I can't pass up. If my 930 doesn't sell ASAP I won't ever sell it!

m10-power
06-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Tuner1


That makes two of us.....but there is another car on the horizon that I can't pass up. If my 930 doesn't sell ASAP I won't ever sell it!

I've heard that before...:nut: