PDA

View Full Version : Interesting corvette fact

2EFNFAST
05-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Did you know you can drive (reverse) a corvette that's been lowered 2'' off a 4post lift without the ramps inplace, and the bottom rockers will manage to clear the lift by about 1/8'', preventing any major damage.

Not that I'm speaking from today's experience :facepalm:

Although it does make me wonder how many lift-related accidents happen in shops that they cover up since the customer would never know about them.

5000Audi
05-29-2009, 01:47 AM
hmm.. seems odd to me.. when i worked at CMP in the lube bays, the corvetteswe would always have to put wood on the ramps so it would clear the hoist... maybe you got some slim hoist lol

2EFNFAST
05-29-2009, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
hmm.. seems odd to me.. when i worked at CMP in the lube bays, the corvetteswe would always have to put wood on the ramps so it would clear the hoist... maybe you got some slim hoist lol

directlift (pro park) 8.

Trying to get it for service at various places is a real pain, and I can't figure out why. At home, I just drive up onto my lift. At Davenport they just drive it right on. However, go anywhere else and it's total fail and they have to start building wooden ramps for it.

scat19
05-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Thread fail

chkolny541
05-29-2009, 12:56 PM
too much information posted in this thread, ill have to bookmark and read later