PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Best Piercing Parlor In Town

Prolifique
05-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Hey guys and gals,

I'm looking to get a piercing or two and looking towards some feedback from any of you who recommend or have had positive experience getting pierced at good places in town.

I'm big on safety and sanitization, and since I don't want my body mutilated by some unprofessional piercer I want to do some research. :) So shall you help me?

the GF

----
Not sure how many girls or guys on here this applies to, but does anyone recommend AND has gotten their genitals pierced at a specific place in town?

I've looked at a few sites of places in town, and see that it ranges from 100-150 to get that region done.

Bizzareo
05-29-2009, 01:52 AM
Well I myself am not pierced in any way shape or form but have had many friends go to strange world tattoos by dallhousie station to get pierced or tattooed. I have gone there a few times and found it to be super clean, with friendly staff. And sometime in the future I will go there to get a tattoo.

l/l/rX
05-29-2009, 01:55 AM
i went to body ink to get my nipple pierced. Couple other buddies went there too, to get the same piercing done. seems clean to me. $80 for a loop or $100 for the bar bell.

Barking_Spidre
05-29-2009, 01:57 AM
Might wanna try out Tribal Expression? I think that's the name of it, on 16th ave, if it's still running. I bought new barbells for my tongue there last summer and it looked super clean and professional. :thumbsup:

cet
05-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
i went to body ink to get my nipple pierced. Couple other buddies went there too, to get the same piercing done. seems clean to me. $80 for a loop or $100 for the bar bell.

I went to the same place to get my tongue done. It was years ago but everything was clean and well sanitized.

sh0ko
05-29-2009, 08:56 AM
to the pt on 17th was great

and the cheapeast place too

greattt staff as well

HHURICANE1
05-29-2009, 09:21 AM
The Art House on 10th street looks pretty good. The staff is super helpful and the place looks really clean. Their jewelery price are pretty good too.

thrasher22
05-29-2009, 09:49 AM

I had a terrible experiance at body ink, I'd never send someone I like there. The piercer was barely paying attention, things didnt' seem clean and they put it in the wrong place. Which meant I had my rook migrate 3mm through my ear because of the way it pushed against my head...

Everyone I know has had nothing but the best experiances at tribal expression, super professional and the cleanest shop I've been to :thumbsup: pay the extra couple bucks.

EM1FTW
05-29-2009, 09:52 AM
my friends cousin owns strange world.
super clean and friendly place

celica girl
05-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Barking_Spidre
Might wanna try out Tribal Expression? I think that's the name of it, on 16th ave, if it's still running. I bought new barbells for my tongue there last summer and it looked super clean and professional. :thumbsup:

+1 for Tribal! Keith Rocks!
Got quite a few piercings done by him!
:thumbsup:

GQBalla
05-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by EM1FTW
my friends cousin owns strange world.
super clean and friendly place

brett schwindt?

RX-7_TWINTURBO
05-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Gypsy Rose Tattoos & Piercing
6522 4 st NE, Calgary 275-9844
www.gypsyrosetattoo.com
http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/pages/Calgary-AB/Gypsy-Rose-Tattoos-Piercing/98231715738

Ask for Dominique

DeeK
05-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Sacred Balance
Ask for Dan.

http://www.piercerdan.net/joomla/
Email: piercerdan at gmail dot com
Cell: 403 471 2357
Shop: Sacred Balance, 1528 17th ave SW calgary alberta,
Shop Phone: 403 277 4449

Prolifique
05-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks for all the recommendations everyone, I will be checking out some of the places' sites and face book pages to get a better picture of which shop I should consider and book an appointment.

Right now I'm looking at a tongue piercing and possibly a below the belt one as well.

~the GF

stevieo
05-29-2009, 09:40 PM
tribal expressions is where i went

nykz
05-30-2009, 12:31 AM
Heard Tribal Expressions is good, so another :thumbsup: for them

CMW403
05-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Prolifique
possibly a below the belt one as well.

~the GF

pics?

qbnb
05-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

pics?

That took long than I thought.

+1 for The Art House in Kensington. Myself and a number of my friends have had a variety of piercings and tattoos done there. Clean, friendly, knowledgable and a great selection of jewelry.

Spoons
06-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I went to Devine on 17th for my tunnels. I don't know why, it was just on the way and decided.

Super good staff and it is clean, just doesn't look like the nicest place is all.

reiRei
06-01-2009, 07:52 PM

Got my industrial done there too, not a bad place. They even re-pierced it for free when I took it out for Secret Street, not knowing it would heal over in a night

ekguy
06-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
The Art House on 10th street looks pretty good. The staff is super helpful and the place looks really clean. Their jewelery price are pretty good too.

this is where I get both my tats and piercings. Great staff. Laura is the gentlest piercer I've had and I've been pierced a good couple dozen times. Definitely the place to go. I highly recommend this place to anyone.

Prolifique
06-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Wow theres a lot of different places I've been recommended to, I will conduct more research after my exam tomorrow. I want to get something done for the summer so I'm excited! Thanks for the responses :D

the GF

Zigo
06-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Well, I just had my ear piercing go terribly wrong. Went to a shop at Market mall. Ugh, spent the whole day getting it looked at.

I woke up this morning and thought the top part of my piercing fell out, looked closer the skin grew over the diamond! I took care of this thing really well to.. They said surgery was needed, but I went home and just pushed it out, (So painful.. Good God..).

Going back to Tribal Expressions in a month or so to get it redone. They did my Eyebrow A+ for them.

stevieo
06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Zigo
Well, I just had my ear piercing go terribly wrong. Went to a shop at Market mall. Ugh, spent the whole day getting it looked at.

I woke up this morning and thought the top part of my piercing fell out, looked closer the skin grew over the diamond! I took care of this thing really well to.. They said surgery was needed, but I went home and just pushed it out, (So painful.. Good God..).

Going back to Tribal Expressions in a month or so to get it redone. They did my Eyebrow A+ for them.

damn WTF?

where did you pierce it? the cartilage? or where damn thats messed. i had my ear pierced when i was 18 with a gun in the cartilage and it busted up my ear haha i have a lump on my ear now

Zigo
06-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

damn WTF?

where did you pierce it? the cartilage? or where damn thats messed. i had my ear pierced when i was 18 with a gun in the cartilage and it busted up my ear haha i have a lump on my ear now

Yea, just the cartilage. Woke up with the ear bleeding like crazy, took a shower cleaned it out, then I saw the diamond was missing, checked around my bed for it, no luck. I started twisting it around and I could see the diamond move inside my ear.. It was craaazy! Lol.

Pisses me off that I spent 60 bucks on this shit..

stevieo
06-03-2009, 03:30 PM
damn that sucks. nasty haha.

but ya from that day on i have had piercings with the needle, i don't use the gun anymore.

calepeters
06-03-2009, 11:03 PM
to the point does a poor job (personal experiance and experiance of others)
and divine would not be a good choice either, they let anyone learn how to pierce, there ok for something simple, like ear or nose but nothing too complicated
i was in there getting a nose piercing and they asked me if id like to apprentice didnt even apply as well they messed up my labret

also i wouldnt reccomend immaculate concept either, first time i got my tongue pierced there, they gave me a stripped barbell and i ended up swallowing it in my sleep, not impressed

id say your best bet, would be either tribal expressions (only all piercing place in calgry), the arthouse does a good job and actually i had my tongue pierced at threshold near back ally and they did a fantastic job as well

Femme
06-03-2009, 11:08 PM
thanks cale

calepeters
06-03-2009, 11:36 PM
its all good, and actually i took my friend to get her hood pierced at tribal, im not sure if thats the one your looking for but they did a good job as well, just be prepared to be horny 24/7 until you get used to it haha good luck'

ps if u do choose tribal you can book your appointment online, and they have a coupon you can print off for 10% off

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
06-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Strange world did an awful job on my nipple, I would never go back there. They also have very low quality jewelry.
Nipple pericing was off center, and mostly crooked.

calepeters
06-04-2009, 10:51 PM
actually nipple piercings are really easy to "train" if their fairly new, only thing that would be a problem is if its not pierced deep enough